This is a fantastic game, and I'm tired of pretending it's not

This is a fantastic game, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_XIII-2_Game_Cover (1).jpg (283x352, 42.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LjFKWmKxKRM
youtu.be/pV7uDsd_Vxk
youtu.be/6egZo2rg84U?t=13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the best offline Final Fantasy after IX and X.

worst FF XIII game

XIII-2>LR>XIII

This is impossible to debate.

Goddess-tier soundtrack
youtu.be/LjFKWmKxKRM

Attached: Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Screenshots-01.jpg (1280x720, 643.04K)

>not posting Plains of Eternity

One job, user.

youtu.be/pV7uDsd_Vxk

I don't know anything about this game, but I clicked on a superboss video once and the battle system looks hectic as fuck and I didn't understand a single thing that was happening. How does it play? Is it turn based?

Yep. The way game works is that you set up a series of party roles and different mixes of those roles with a Pokémon-esque unit that you can use to further customize your party setups.

How the turn-based system works is that you have a meter that fills up and you can spend chunks of that meter to execute moves--the bigger/more useful the move, the more you spend. You can switch between characters to use their different moves for different situations, but you also have an AI that will do things to capitalize on what you're doing depending on how you setup (like an AI COM won't attack the same enemy as you unless you switch and input actions yourself.

Superbosses and harder encounters seem hectic because you also have formations that you can adjust to on the fly to adapt to enemy aoes or to deal with different enemy groupings. Add to this that auto-battle is a suicide button after the first few hours of the game, and you have a pretty fun set of challenges in the late game.

was the dude correct in shilling his waifu? is she a good waifu?

The system is extremely fun once you actually unlock it fully, which in the OG XIII game happens in chapter 9(?), about halfway through the game unfortunately. In XIII-2 it's unlocked right from the start or very very early anyway.
Combat system is ATB, where you control 1 character but manage the roles of all 3 and shift through paradigms (physical/magic dmg, debuff/buff, heal).

I get filtered by the big open area with the weather machine every time. I've started it 3 or 4 times and always just lose interest once I get there.

Also, every character has a unique build for their role, so 2 debuffers won't have the same skills, which adds to what you need to think about before some encounters.

>Pokémon-esque unit
so it's shit then?
proper character building and progression will always be better than pokeshit

She's barely in this game. Sorry champ.

Attached: capsule_616x353 (2).jpg (616x353, 100.25K)

there's no way snow went balls deep into serah

>The game that single handedly ruined final fantasy and ended square enix streak of making good games
>fantastic

It starts slow, but not as bad as the rep. And better protagonists than 12-15.

It's more like a neutered SMT where every monster has its own skills and you use mats to progress the monsters in their respective roles. It's passable, but not Baldur's Gate-tier of customization or Pokemon numbers autism.

Forgot your pic, user

Attached: Ffxboxart.jpg (256x374, 121.01K)

Look at that gorilla. There'd be no stopping him.

Attached: ezgif-3-a48db46995.jpg (1280x707, 109.09K)

Snow fucking destroyed Serah's pussy. Why do you think he's not even the least bit worried about Noel's twink ass? He knows Serah's too hooked on his 33cm cock to even entertain fucking another guy. Even when she's not around Snow, if she's asked about him she creams her panties at the thought of him and gushes about him like a star-struck fangirl. Even in DLC she straight up says if he's too late coming back to her she'll come find him and only her death keeps her from getting back to his dick. Likewise, no one can compete how tightly Serah's tight body squeezes Snow's cock which is why he hung on for 500 years just to be reunited the superior Farron pussy.
youtu.be/6egZo2rg84U?t=13

Attached: tumblr_oyro9a19Tz1qk07j0o1_1280.png (1120x986, 354.77K)

>'No other guy can compare to my hero *excited sluttish giggle*'
Poor Noel never stood a chance.

Attached: tumblr_pd7ecia00O1uoxvn4_1280.jpg (1280x720, 221.67K)

Snow is emotionally cheating on Serah with Lightning, but Serah doesn't mind.

Attached: NTR.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)