What's the best way to play Chrono Trigger? SNES? DS? Steam? Rom Hack?

What's the best way to play Chrono Trigger? SNES? DS? Steam? Rom Hack?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 212.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/4803/
destructoid.com/want-a-chrono-trigger-sequel-buy-more-remakes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the ds version was pretty good from what I remember, but original is always best
they added a couple optional endgame areas that were pointless and really boring iirc

Either SNES or DS.
snes if you wanna play on big tv screen. DS if you don't mind a small screen but get FMVs a arguably better translation and some extra (while not that substantial) content

The original SNES version. The DS version is just the SNES version with a worse interface and pointless end game content. The PS1 FMVs also aren't very good.

snes version

You forgot the PSX version

I emulated the SNES version for my first playthrough last year. It was pretty good

You don't.

romhacking.net/hacks/4803/

>The PS1 FMVs also aren't very good
:( they're kino user

this guy doesn't fuck

:( b-but they are...

unplug ur butt, and put the hormones down

:( m-make me

Attached: ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif (498x278, 2.68M)

They're really bad, even for PS1 FMVs. Bad framerate, bad designs (why is it using DB GT designs which don't match the original Chrono designs), they interrupt the pacing of the game and so on. They were literally just a cheap excuse to justify selling the same game on PS1.

SNES hands down. Original US version is fine. Don't bother with romhacks/"""re-localizations""" etc.

DS isn't worth it coz the resolution is laughably small and the "extras" are rubbish.

You guys do know that you can buy Chrono Trigger on steam, right? If you want to play the game, you should at least support it.

i don't know when the next anniversary is, but imagine a full blown 2DHD remake (or 3D remake akin to trials or dqxi) with fully restore content that wasn't in the original game. expand the world some more.

destructoid.com/want-a-chrono-trigger-sequel-buy-more-remakes/
"Supporting" Chrono Trigger won't do anything. The game has already sold 3-4 million copies over half a dozen rereleases. And Square still ignores it.

Agreed. Hopefully Nomura can work his magic on it like he is with FF7.

DS version has a much better translation, which makes the story more engaging. The visuals are essentially identical but the DS version has slightly inferior audio, with somewhat more artificial-sounding instruments, though the difference is quite subtle.

DS or modded steam, youtube the 2 missing cutscenes

>remake
Didn't you fucking learn your lesson with FFVII:Remake?
>wanting Nomura to do it
This is the only time I've ever said this on Any Forums. But seriously, kill yourself.

Attached: barf_zelda.jpg (571x659, 52.64K)

>This is the only time I've ever said this on Any Forums. But seriously, kill yourself.
Seriously why? He's been knocking it out with remake so far.