This game holds up remarkably well, it deserves a remake *exactly* like FF7 is getting...

this game holds up remarkably well, it deserves a remake *exactly* like FF7 is getting, it would actually make sense plotwise in LoD for a mindbender timey whimey thing to be happening as per the lore. those FMVs are so good, i would love to seem them blaring in 4k if they redid them in higher resolution.

Attached: vidya.jpg (224x225, 31.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KyOR3tAUCiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It holds up except the translation sucked ass

Maybe in 5-10 years you'll get a shitty remaster like Chrono Cross. Don't expect anything else.

Sony doesnt believe in making jap games anymore. Everything is very America focused now

>meru's dragoon form was my sexual awakening
Leotards and high heels shut my fucking brain down something fierce.

Attached: 1618345842166.jpg (600x338, 25.49K)

You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you

You don't want a remake by Sony. Especially since they killed their Japan studios.

Tried to play it not to long ago and it started to give me an actual headache. Don’t know if I fucked the emulation up but it looked like it had a Vaseline filter. The char portraits looked really good though.

Yup, still replay it in full every 2-3 years and it's still my favorite game of all time. Can't believe they canned the sequel. Can you imagine what a LoD game set in the Dragon Campaign with Zieg as the protag would look like? Rose would be your slut and you would just go around fucking shit up for the Winglies. What could have been...

i can imagine something like Panzer Dragoon

some members of it worked on Ico shortly after

It could use a touch up but it wasn't that bad. You miss contractions that much nigga?

Legend of Dragoon is a gem. It would greatly benefit of advances from modern technology to shore up some it's fewer weaker aspects like the long ass load times for battles and areas. maybe redo some of the more bizarre songs on the OST.

If we got a sequel, what would you like to see?

Personally I'd like an advancement in time, maybe 500+ years, so all the characters except a couple of Winglies like Meru would be gone and replaced by a new cast who hear the Legend of Dragoon from when Dart and Co saved the world.

Now, however, technology has progressed to a point where wars are fought almost on the scale as the original Dragon Campaign, and human et al nations are destroying the shit out of the world.

Cue main character coming in, fighting for his little nation of future Serdio, who had stayed neutral until someone tried to assassinate the King and Queen - dragging them into the war alongside Mille Seseau (allied through marriage 5 generations ago).

One of the nations ends up snapping, unleashes dragons, and starts laying waste to their neighbours. MC gets caught up in it, and at a crucial moment a glow emanates from his pocket, a crimson red light that roars with power...

I'm not sure about a sequel. The story ended super cleanly in LoD. The only way I see it working is a prequel during the Dragoon Campaign.

i thought about it last night and i want the game to take place like 10,000 years into the future where the events of the first game are occurring and it's revealed that it's a cycle and the game is obviously a sequel in that case (literally exactly like Final Fantasy 7 remake)

>this game holds up remarkably well
Are you fucking high? It had to be the most braindead and obnoxiously tedious JRPG I've ever played.

how do you figure? it's the Ocarina of Time of JRPGs, it's excellently paced, choreographed, music, artstyle and theme, it came on four discs, with stunning FMVs, the combat is engaging, the story is interesting,

-but we should just take your word for it that it's bad ,MKAY.

>the combat is engaging
That's where you're wrong, buddy. It's so insultingly easy to the point where it doesn't even matter how you play. None of the songs stuck with me and the story was your run-of-the-mill... I can't even fucking remember what the story was about and I played it last year.
FF7 is the OoT of JRPGs.

GUST OF WINDA DANCE

>None of the songs stuck with me
not reading past that, you're not worth the fucking time.
the pause menu music is fucking legendary, fuck off.

THEN HOW COME I DON'T REMEMBER IT JACKASS
You want legendary pause music? Go pause Battletoads.

FF7 is the most popular, beloved and best selling JRPG ever made.

Legend of Dragoon was forgotten a month after it came out.

If you want a game that would have a beloved remake that would sell millions of copies and win all the awards that could have a crazy story than look no further.

Attached: image_2022-06-27_004340114.png (1018x1200, 1.31M)

you have to go back

Parasite Eve was so cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=KyOR3tAUCiQ

Get some fucking taste.

what the fuck is Parasite Eve

Replayed it on a original PS1 recently, maybe it's my old age but I just don't like how the combat takes forever. Has the same issue with FF9. Not particularly hard encounters, but the loading into battle and some animations (like Shana posing, pulling her bow, aiming, firing) take a little too long. If it was maybe 20% quicker, I'd be fine with it.

A remake wouldn't have timeless PS1 graphics and pre-rendered backgrounds, so it would be worse. Not worth doing. A prequel on the other hand would be cool.

nothing wrong with liking an average cookie cutter game, but the pause music IS legendary no matter what your zoomer brain thinks of it

i can give you that, Ocarina of Time is notorious for the pause menu hitching when you open and close it - and likewise LoD has like 16 seconds between hitting an encounter and being able to select to attack an enemy