Why wasn't he the protagonist?

Why wasn't he the protagonist?

Attached: hay.jpg (484x750, 74.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7rVBV2dIhBc?t=170
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because then the game was good. I loved the beginning part, but having to save ben franklin made me stop playing.

>Virgin loser hands typed this post
You will never have a girl who is not your mom love you.

Too based.

Templars are correct.

I don't even care about that he was just a much more pleasant chap to play as than an autist like Connor. Also he made a 180 turn into a ruthless killer after the prologue just so he could be the bad guy.

The first and only time that Ubisoft had written a great and believable villain. Haytham was a good man to those whom he cared about but never put them above his ideals. Absolutely kino character.

You're only seeing him as the bad guy because you're playing through Connor's perspective.

Because it's Assassins Creed not Templars Oath.
Please ignore Rouge because it invalidates my point.

I would play Templars Oath

They want to brainwash you with satellites.

He was always ruthless he threatens to behead the ship captain at the start

Because as per Animus rules you stop 'following' a dude once his DNA has passed on to his child. You saw it in AC2 when the camera stops following Altaïr and sticks with Maria's womb, same thing would've happened with Haytham after impregnating Connor's mom

Attached: 7cbd14d2a30779d38de4a4ec73bd313a.jpg (540x860, 80.15K)

>Make protagonist a mohawk tribe native American
>Don't whitewash history and show George Washington as responsible or his tribe's destruction
>Still have Connor join the rebels when he had no reason to historically let alone personally other than because a crystal ball told him to
>that fucking scene near the end of Connor looking at the Americans celebrating their liberty as the last British ship leaves and he turns to look at a slave auction crossing his arms and shaking his head
Connor didn't work because they wanted to have their diversity cake and eat it too. I get wanting Connor to be a native, but having him also be pals with GW is incomprehensible from a character standpoint. They wanted to show the bad side of the war of independence and the founding fathers but didn't have the balls to make Washington the villain he would be to Connor in anything but a dream DLC.

Attached: 2143373-cov_228_v2_front.jpg (949x960, 144.92K)

But Edward in 4 already has kids when you play as him.
As does Bayek

The bloodline that continues to Desmond is Haytham's, not Jennifer's; only the former is alive during Black Flag, Haytham is born after the events of the game. And even if he was, by then that rule didn't matter because the Animus was "upgraded" (read: they stopped caring about the lore) and anyone could see anyone's memories, which wasn't the case early on with Desmond at the helm.
Same with Bayek, by then it's whatever.
youtu.be/7rVBV2dIhBc?t=170

Connor being inspired by the rebels and their ideals when young makes sense but they didn't properly flesh out him being disillusioned with them. Also part of it was that the game needed to be markateble to Americans. They even cut the part where he kills bluecoats from the North america versions of the trailers.

his twist was kino even though i saw it coming a mile away

Attached: 1609961727678.jpg (340x351, 78.95K)

>that thumbnail
that fucking beam

>white guy colonizing some native whore and being right about everything
ubisoft would never make him anything but the bad guy

>Please ignore Rouge because it invalidates my point.
To be fair, they wasted Rogue. It could have been such a good idea, but they just made it in AC with a Templar reskin and switch-a-roo roles.

I don't even remember what his plan was. I was like 12 when I played this. What was their end goal?
In rogue though however. We actually got to see the consequences of the Assassins. Like in ACII you never batted an eye at Ezio working with thieves and running brothels but Rouge shows how that fucks a lot of honest people over.

>Templars Oath.
unironically would play it

>they make an AC game an AC games

?