Half-Life Alyx

It was better than 2 and VR is the future

Attached: halflifealyx.jpg (1280x720, 104.59K)

Nah. Was awesome though

even dog shit is better than hl2

Did you really need to make this thread to ping the 2 other Index owners? Nobody else has played this game.

Playing through it right now on an index. Its fun but despite the visuals its kind of underwhelming in my opinion.
>grab a spare pistol mag
>its held backwards
Theres some small details they really could of polished before release imo

>Its fun but despite the visuals its kind of underwhelming in my opinion
huh? Are you sure your setting were right? Shit looks like IRL life imo opinion

Godlike VR game, played like a charm on my Rift S and 1050ti, Valve did black magic optimizing and designing this game.

Got VR just for this masterpiece and I don't regret it a single bit.

Valve chads just keep on winning

My point being is the visuals look great, but theres somethings regarding the gameplay that make the experience underwhelming

Nope HL is one of the most hated fps series.
gog, rpgcodex, 8ch, escapist forums, the dark and deep web, the list goes on...

Stfu Alf

Don't care. Still not giving money to Scammin' Valve.

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

it's true look it up

I don't care
kys

cope.

It was better than 2 but not better than HL1
I actually really really like VR but I don't rank Alyx that highly among the VR games I've played because it plays slow as molasses and has a 3 weapon limit even in the mods for the game which makes them feel very samey outside of Gunman Contracts and Garavito Hotel.
Alyx is great if you're the kind of person who thinks great graphics = great game, but I prefer stuff with actual tension like Into the Radius, Star Shelter, and Phasmophobia.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what people do with S&Box but at this rate I'm going to become an old man by the time the game goes public.

Attached: gmn.jpg (2560x1440, 201.03K)

I only have a Vive and i still absolutely loved it

>I'm really looking forward to seeing what people do with S&Box but at this rate I'm going to become an old man by the time the game goes public.

I'm really hoping for the same. Whenever Valve puts out their new headset and S&box releases I'm jumping into VR fully

Though I will say I really wish Gary hadn't gone with that awful character design for their generic NPCs

I hate every other half life but enjoy this game a lot. This game is going to lose a lot of its charm as the tech improves.

Same. But y'know, it's probably like HL2/Counter strike models in that people are just going to treat those as vanilla and upload their own stuff instead.

Makes sense because it plays more like Resident Evil game than HL

>It was better than 2
Oh yeah, I sure loved the fact that I only had three weapons, no melee attacks, did the same annoying holographic puzzles over and over, searched for resin everywhere, the dialogue was nothing but quippy Marvel-tier conversations, the entire game was basically a Ravenholm segment, and all of HL2 + the episodes got retroactively decanonized.

VR is an amazing medium though. Alyx was an okay VR game but a horrible Half-Life game.

Funnily enough, one of the people who worked on Resident Evil worked on alyx. I forgot who, I think it was the person who designed Jeff.

Half Life was never good, get over it Any Forums