Where does someone who knows nothing of programing begin to learn how to make a video game?

Where does someone who knows nothing of programing begin to learn how to make a video game?

Attached: 1655185105864.jpg (640x480, 42.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kidscancode.org/godot_recipes/
youtube.com/watch?v=tvC1WCdV1XU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brackeys

kidscancode.org/godot_recipes/

By following guides for children to use free software.

There's plenty of online lessons and material for computer science and programming languages IIRC. Don't take my word for it though.

any other good godot tutorials

Fucking download UE5 and just do it faggot instead of watching 30 hours of tutorials

Don't waste time mindlessly watching tutorials. Just spend time making something YOU want to make. Once I'm done school I want to learn C++ and plan to make a little fighting game to play with just my buddies. Find someone who made something you want to make and look through the code and experiment!

Nothing is impossible if you are determined and enjoy it.

Attached: 1646319021380.jpg (1200x1537, 407.14K)

learn to code
youtube.com/watch?v=tvC1WCdV1XU

Learn c++ and especially look for tutorials on how openGL draws a triangle on screen

If you have 0 knowledge I would reccomend getting into modding some game you love first and foremost, getting an idea of how things generally work in games that already exist will be massive help to create your own.

Can verify this is a good way to get started
I got started making gmod Sweps and SNPCs

Learn GameMaker’s coding language or try learning how to use Unity. I’ve been begging to learn GML for the last few weeks following tutorials and reading the guidebook and I’m starting to get it. It’s like anything, like learning an instrument, or a new language, you just keep practicing. Depends on what kind of game you want to make, how ambitious is it, is it in 2D or 3D? Take these things into consideration.

university

>university
meme

Fusion 2.5, can make games without writing a single line of code.

So what about if i try to make a space shooter game like the one from the old nokia phones?

learn programming

Space shooters are the easiest kind of game to make, so pick any 2d engine like GameMaker, MM Fusion, or Godot.

Participate in a lot of game jams until you get good

you will never make a game. get a real job and live forever as the loser you were meant to become.

this

I’ll never understand why there’s always people on here who will reply with the most spiteful shit. Obviously, if you’re a grown adult, work and a source of income is important, you need to be able to sustain yourself. But why shouldn’t user spend time investing into himself? With enough effort and commitment they might make something amazing someday, there’s plenty of indie devs that have. Besides, everyone had to start out somewhere, no one was born naturally good at anything.