Linux chads rise up!

linux chads rise up!

Attached: TuxWhiteBig.jpg (1024x768, 31.67K)

Too fat

It's hard to feel like a chad while using an OS that doesn't even support multimonitor VRR.

Sucks that this is still a problem for people, I heard Wayland is working on it at least

It kind of works already but there are so many things wrong with Wayland that even if it had perfect VRR support I still wouldn't use it.
Honestly at this point I wish they never added VRR support to Linux in the first place. It just feels so weird having a feature that only works if you have no more than one monitor active.

why is Any Forums too retarded to understand that they should help promote Linux?
Linux will win, it is inevitable.
so why fight it instead of supporting it?

Attached: 1653687365300.png (656x469, 32.51K)

*rice up

Best supported distribution for gaming?

fedora workstation

Arch or some flavor of 'buntu.

Established linux gamer here
ama

Attached: 100.4001746.12-06-2017 05.00.yapo (croquis side).yapo (croquis side) jougasaki rika idolmaster idolmaster cinderella girls eyebrows visible through hair commentary request 1girl backpack bag bangs black legwea.png (707x1000, 783.86K)

yeah i'd go to arch if you're willing to get your hands dirty. linux gaming is practically a new thing and it's moving really fast so you want a distro the latest possible packages.

Sorry. Best supported for gaming AND ease of use.

Will linux eventually be able to run everything? Also what do you think is the market share threshold to start getting most games native?

Steam is still only officially supported on Ubuntu, I think.

Pop!

How many new Linux users did the deck bring in?

eventually yes
market share somewhere between 20% and 30% would be enough to force developers and publishers to stop ignoring it
but getting to that will be very hard
it practically requires manufacturers to offer a fuckton of PCs with Linux pre-installed
Tuxmachines or System76 are way too niche for now, Dell and HP have what, a few expensive laptops that come with Linux?
getting more affordable PCs with Linux pre-installed would require a lot of pressure from the public
literally the best thing that Any Forums can do to help is to convince those faggots at PCMR to stop chugging Nutella's cum and start fighting for freedom instead
once they stop being gay homosexuals, then the ball will start rolling faster

It helps to use the word "gaming" in the OP so that the anti-Linux cope squad can't pretend the thread is off-topic.

Lots of games with native Linux ports list Ubuntu in the system requirements. It's not that you actually need Ubuntu to play them but, in terms of "official" support, that's probably the answer to your question. Then again, the SteamOS running on Steam Deck is some kind of Arch fork, and going forward, that's probably the new target distro for developers who aren't living under a rock. Ultimately it doesn't make much of a difference which distro you use, unless it's some obscure bullshit, but a lot of the popular distros are Ubuntu-based so you'll be fine with any of them.

what Linux-native games did you buy from this year's summer sales?

Attached: Paratopic.png (1282x751, 149.49K)

fedora chads rise up

i bought TMNT, pretty fun.

Steam Deck runs Arch Linux.

i.e. SteamOS 3 is Arch Linux

Arch is the best supported distro for gaming and the best desktop distro period.

SteamOS 3 is not supported on anything other than the Steam Deck.

SteamOS 3 is Arch Linux.

Steam and most (or all) other store clients and games do not officially support Arch Linux.

Any Xubuntu chads?

I didn't realize Shredder's Revenge had a native Linux version. That's pretty cool.

SoR4 is another one that surprised me and it's actually an excellent port.

Get away from the big name publisher titles and an increasing number of games do.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion when Steam Deck runs Arch Linux.

You can ignore values decade-old webpages they haven't updated.

All he's saying is that Valve is only going to support it on Valve hardware which is a single [or very few different specs]. So, if you're not a fix-it-yourself kind of guy, you might go with the ubuntu variant. That's all he's saying. Happy to help translate.

What's the easiest way to change ownership of a harddrive?

I don't think you know what "win" means

You're going to need to be more specific.

>any ubuntu flavor
>chad

>johncena141 has been uploading games in nothing but his own custom nigger format now
>need to add some russian backwater package source to get it
>or compile and build that shit on your own
>all to run games that he uploads in a shitty format he wrote himself when he used to upload them just fine in zip format

Also let's not forget the zpaq fiasco
>switches to zpaq at maximum compression
>unzipping a 200 mb file takes 2 hours
>everyone complains
>"Shut up bitches, no one cares and I like this format"
>quietly admits later that this was retarded and just switches to his own bullshit format instead

Why do they always do this?

Attached: 1653332053963.png (404x568, 109.06K)

and why do you think that Linux will not achieve whatever your definition of victory is?

cd /path/to/mountpoint
chown -R user:group

>johncena141 has been uploading games in nothing but his own custom nigger format now
why the hell would they do that?

So that's a no then.

Just download normal repacks/releases that Windows users use and run them with Lutris or Proton. No need to be dependent on some autist.

Ironically Microshit is helping with this on their own.
Even streamers are complaining that you now need to spend two hours disabling telemetry and background processes just to have a semblance of normal performance when running games.