Divinity Original Sin II is the best RPG of all time

Divinity Original Sin II is the best RPG of all time

Attached: divinity 2.png (1024x1024, 1.38M)

Yup, at least the best turn based RPG of all time.

No since the writing sucks, but is sure as hell is incredibly fun.

This guy has it right. The writing and story progression sucked dick. It may as well have just been a string of fights with no story attached. And most of the characters were inconsistent and unlikeable. A game where it's a complete waste of your time to read any of the dialogue can't be the best of all time.

Fun environmental combat system though. Even if it got pretty samey about halfway through the game where you just do the same stunlocking combo on enemies over and over.

I agree.

it's a videogame not a fucking book
i'll take a game that's fun as fuck to play over a pretentious garbage slogfest any day

>No since the writing sucks
So what was bad about it? And don't tell me muh reddit humor. Actual critique.

That's cool user. But I take more enjoyment in a game if I like the story, characters and most importantly world.
That's why Underrail is my favorite RPG.

Best I've played in recent history. That's for sure.

>That's why Underrail is my favorite RPG.
Underrail had a story?

The writing is definitely subpar but the gameplay knocks it out of the park.

>Burst damage to then be able to use status effects or crowd control
what the FUCK were they thinking

Yes.

No mystery there if you played the first game. You could corner the combat system to your favor from turn 1 because there was no way to mitigate status effects or damage.

Sounds like a balance issue that they failed at addressing.
It's not fun having to dump deeps to be able to use... well almost anything else.
Besides that, it completely makes hybridization something you should avoid at all costs, which goes completely against how "freely" the game tries to let you set your character up.
Complete design failure.

>Finally get to bang Lohse
>the entire dialogue is read out by the old man narrator
>cum buckets

A very based and esoteric feel

It's an alright turn-based strategy game but an awful RPG.

Story and characters are shit and the quality drops once you get to the island, and then it falls off a cliff when you get to arx, it's clear they blew their time and budget on the first area. Game basically goes from a 8/10 to a 4

Arx > Reapers Coast

If I enjoyed this game, would I enjoy Pathfinder WotR?

With mods

Mods just give more replayability

Maybe. They are pretty different games in almost all fronts.
I'd say give it a pirate, and try to power through the slow ass intro inside the caves.

I wish the story progression focused in on the characters' individual stories more. Like I wish the whole divinity backdrop more closely related to their personal stories rather than running in parallel. Most of the characters I played as only had a tangental relation to the divinity question.

I really liked the individual stories and sidequests.

Progression on the normal difficulty was weird. Any enemy a single level ahead of you was unapproachable- in Driftwood it's managable, but once your in Arx it gets to a point where you have to scrounge for all the xp you can, and the game because a wierd puzzle of finding a quest level-appropriate and hope it gives you enough xp. combined with gear level recs (and gear scaled harsher the higher the level), it did make the balance feel off

One of the few games I'd recommend people play on easy, cause everything else is fun.

Unironically, some of the best sex scenes in gaming- despite being mostly text.
>Lizard hooker
>Know it's a trap, horny tho and don't care
>bang the lizard
>now i'm a scalie

So is there any incentive on a mixed magic/physical party? This only slowed me down on my second playthrough. On my first, everyone was a physical attacker and I can't imagine having a mage would be helpful since they would have to water down their magic shield.

Yeah, both are great. I honestly don't know why people compare them, they're both great.

The lizard hooker was the best shit ever
Having the option to kiss her at the end of the fight was awesome