What's the best anime fighter for fighting game beginners? I'm not even that competitive...

what's the best anime fighter for fighting game beginners? I'm not even that competitive, I just want to play a game with cool-looking characters with super responsive controls, lots of movement options, etc.

Attached: BBSS_20170927122406.jpg (1920x1080, 276.11K)

melty blood aacc

dbfz

what makes it better than Type Lumina, the latest installment in the series?
well, fuck. It's on sale for less than 10 bucks...

Them's Fightin' Herds is legitimately the best entry level anime fighter if you can get past the art style.
But really you should pick based on the game that you think looks the most fun to play and has a character you want to use. It's going to take a lot of work no matter what game so being motivated to keep playing is the most important factor.

Good choice, has some of the best movement in the genre, good netcode, free because everyone plays on the caster(google Melty Blood Community Edition), and there's a lot of good beginner characters that can just do ABC>launcher>j.ABC>doublejump>j.ABC>airthrow for a BNB.

not the best choice. It's decently popular but the netcode sucks, the movement isn't actually very interesting because of superdash, and tag fighters mean you have to learn 3 characters to get started. For a tag game it's one of the easier ones and it was a lot of people's first fighting game because of the power of the dragonball brand, but unless you value being able to play Goku extremely highly I wouldn't recommend it.

Attached: H Roa.webm (650x488, 2.95M)

Is GGS actually bad like some people claim? I ask because you seem to be a reasonable user plus you're obviously knowledgeable.

type lumina's roster sucks as does the combo system

>what's the best anime fighter for fighting game beginners?
DBFZ

Guilty Gear Strive

Guilty Gear Strive is literally the only choice if you want to play the best anime fighter.

play brawlhalla, then get shat on by zoomers.

thought I'd wait for DNF Duel to come out because I liked DFO so much, but idk if it'll actually be good.

Attached: dfo.jpg (209x241, 6.93K)

It depends on what you're looking for. My own entry level games were Soku and P4A. Soku's a fun game that heavily leans into its unique movement compared to other fighters, but the netcode is very awkward, some of the gimmicks are can be annoying and even though it has a systems that make combos not nearly as punishing as other fighters, the blockstrings in that game are deadly, especially for beginners since they won't know how to escape the corner. Persona is easy to get into and it has a lot of movement options, but that game is also degenerate at fuck at the higher levels and doesn't have rollback yet, and the rollback it gets might not be good when it does arrive. Those were my personal experiences as a beginner, I just picked games that looked cool and that'd probably get you the most mileage.

NTA but GGST is okay but not as fun and crazy as +R or Xrd since move sets are neutered and gatlings (combos that chain from light to medium to heavy attack basically) are nerfed in favor of doing high damage combos with RC and wallbreaks for positive bonus (a meter gain mechanic that allows for more RC and supers).

How hard is it to get into acr?

If you want to play anime-tinted SFV, play Strive.
If you want to play anime and nothing but anime and actually learn all the complex systems that go into anime, play BBCF.
If you want a completely and totally untraditional anime fighting game experience, play Hisoutensoku.
If you want to play Guilty Gear +R, play Eternal Fighter Zero instead.

it's mixed
there's a lot to dislike about it if you're used to other anime games, older GGs in particular.
But it accomplishes its design goals very well, so by that metric it's a good game. They wanted a very explosive, low execution game where the round can end at any time and no lead, or skill difference, is insurmountable, and that's what they made. During development they said something like it's Mahjong instead of Go, good players will still win the most and there is a lot of skill involved, but sometimes the worse player just gets lucky. That keeps it fun for people that get discouraged by older games where it's really fucking hard to beat someone significantly better than you, it's really rare to go 0-10 in Strive almost regardless of the skill difference, which some people like and some don't.

If you're looking for smooth movement and responsive controls I wouldn't choose it though. A lot of the ways they simplified they game involved removing or nerfing the things that anime fans generally think make the games fast and fluid, like the airdashes have a delayed startup, gatling chains(normals cancelled into normals) are very limited, which forced them to significantly nerf defensive options making them frustrating to try to use, they removed air-teching completely which also forced them to massively change the combo system and it feels really awkward if you're coming from other games, and every character got their moveset significantly cut down.

GGStrive is a great game if you're coming from SFV and want something crazier and more exciting, or if you've ever seen people complaining about long combos in fighting games and they say something like "if a combo from crouch heavy is going to do 200 damage on counterhit why not just make crouch heavy do 200 damage?" this is the game that appeals to them basically. You don't really have to learn a combo if you don't want to, you can just do 3 buttons into super and do more than 50%.

Attached: lol sol.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

It's bad if you look at it like it's an anime fightan. Airdashes are trash, there are no big juicy wall combos and you're locked to pre-determined route for each move since there are no fucking gatlings. It's a cool traditional fightan, kinda similar to granblue in the big scheme of things

The execution skill floor is pretty high, and you need a decent tolerance for anime bullshit, since every character is unfair in their own way. Not good to get into it as a first fighting game, but it's not like it's impossible to learn in current year. Plenty of people have fun playing it at a lower level, without using all of the complicated high execution stuff that's technically possible.

Most of the complaints about Strive are because it doesn't play like previous Guilty Gear games. If that doesn't bother you, it's a perfectly fine game to get into.

so basically the main reason it's good for beginners is because it gives them a fighting chance even against a more seasoned player, not necessarily because the moves are easier to pull of, etc? So if I'm interested in movement/controls and mostly play single player, I think one of the other games might suit me better.

FUCK YOU NIGGER!

> it gives them a fighting chance even against a more seasoned player
lol if anything, strive makes it harder for noobs to fight back since that game rewards mindless rushdown while taking all defensive options you had in xrd

blazblue centralfiction is pretty hard but at low level, assuming youre playing low level people, it can be lots of dumb fun

The moves are also generally easier to pull off than most other fighting games, it has fairly generous cancel windows and input buffers.

The pros will be taking much better advantage of the limited tools due to already grinding fundamentals in previous games.

Granblue Versus is the easy one to play and learn the basic mechanics that you can build of to then use in most GG (Strive is weird as one user above has said) and either MB. The only problem with GBVS is its rarely on sale cheap (dont buy the basic bitch version as you get fucked content wise) and it has the low population dilemna where lots of people want to play it but its low population puts people off leading to a cycle. Fighting games in general are better if you have 1 or 2 friends who would semi consistently be willing to play with you.

Persona is probably the easiest if you're going by that metric. None of the moves are more complicated than a quarter circle input outside of the supers which are just two quarter circles, there's a lot of movement options that even the grappler has access to like hops and the forward dodge on top of the traditional airdash.

But the only defensive option that isn't in GGST is the objectively unfun Blitz

Problem is finding that low level can be tough because even the "bad players" have 500-1k matches being ground up by better players. Most of them might be too much for people legitimately just getting into CF because of the rollback.

If you're looking for all that mainly to fuck around in with some casual matches, then I say go with TFH, melty blood, arcana heart, skullgirls, or hisoutensoku, but like said, best bet is to find some characters you really like and will make you want to play a lot.

Attached: 1649668213574.gif (390x220, 950.84K)

The most easy that comes to mi mind is GrandBlue Fantasy Versus.

Just 4 buttons to general comands and two more for a semi combo and a super move.

Attached: 462375637.jpg (1280x720, 257.3K)