Is a degenerate criminal

>is a degenerate criminal
>but feels bad about it from time to time
>this somehow makes him a good character
top-tier writing Cockstar writing, LMAO!

Attached: niko_gta.jpg (441x441, 83.62K)

I'm starting to get tired of the trope of giving every bad guy a sob story to make them relatable, redeemable or softer on the audience. Why can't we just have cunts being evil for the sake of it anymore.

le ebin random trevor haha

Funnily enough I can't actually stand Trevor, I find him too try hard and obnoxious.

that's like complaining about the backstory for dr. kleiner cause he's your character model in gmod, who fucking cares

Wasn't the main bad guy Niko went against what you described? Niko just didn't go off the deep end and become jaded yet.

>Why can't we just have cunts being evil for the sake of it anymore.
Because to make a story interesting, the characters have to experience growth/change.

>degenerate shitty people NEVER reflect on their actions from time to time despite continuing to sell themselves to the highest bidder for theft, extortion, kidnapping and even murder
i don't get your point OP, do you think this never exists? It might not be "good writing" but at least at the time for GTA it was different writing. What do you want exactly?

I suppose, yeah, but it's literally every villain these days besides like, Bowser.

>every bad guy a sob story
Niko was the first one in GTA for the first 11 years of the series to even have such.

I wasn't talking about GTA 4 specifically, more just villains in general

The alternative is parody like Tommy Verceti or edge like Trevor. Fine if you want it but it won't be "better writing" or anything.

Ye I'm not asking for better writing, just something different

It's more a symptom of all video game writing in general these days user, wether it's hero, NPC or villain. Video games all want to seem more nuanced. It's hard to walk that backwards now without being criticised. Not saying that now is "better" by the way, just that it's the expectation.

Trevor was the biggest piece of shit in GTA history, but somehow they made me like him. Was it the writing? Or the actor?

I love that this game still makes people seethe nearly 15 years later. It's still in my top 5 games of all time and nothing will ever change that.

Attached: BOWLING.png (1280x720, 780.51K)

Why do you fucks not get that people aren't born evil?

>Complaining about this
>Not complaining that it is a "REVENGE BAD" story
I thought Any Forums hated "revenge bad" stories

Some people are born with shit genetics and a bad upbringing, I didn't say anyone was born evil.

Well he's a Serb so once he's done killing he feels hard done by that the non-serbs fought back so they are truly the horrors.

It is when Trevor is the prototypical GTA protagonist

He didn't feel bad about it. He was miserable because it was the only thing he could do and he kept getting told lies. He straight up murder Vlad for fucking with his family. His anger comes from being pushed around and betrayed.

>What do you want exactly?
I want to thank you for posting in my comfy GTA IV thread. Now post your favorite radio station. For me, it's TBoGT Vladivostok