How would you fix Skyrim's civil war?

Actual recruitment/noticeable conquests?

Attached: Civil War.png (1217x836, 2.56M)

Every CW plotline is just a rehash of each other. You're sent to get the claw, kill some patrols, take some holds, do more patrol killing, take either side's opposing city and then the only real change is what kind of armor and insignias the guards are wearing. Neither side has an endgame either, theres no plotline to kill the Thalmor at the embassy for the Stormcloaks or undermine their current efforts as a mercenary for the Imperials. There also should've been an option to become HK yourself, but knowing Bethesda they would NEVER have the talent or drive to make the world state reflect that. Bandits would still try to rob you, children would still talk shit to you and guards would still ask if somebody took your sweet roll. Creatively bankrupt.

Rather than a rigid questline I'd open it up some. After Whiterun you should be able to choose where to attack, even going straight for Solitude/Windhelm, but in that battle is harder and harder unless you first take the other holds.

I'd have more dynamic things like roving patrols and couriers you could intercept. Taking out the roving patrols in a hold makes taking that hold's capital easier. Taking out a courier can weaken a random hold or net you more support in another battle or something. Assassinating enemy commanders could make battles easier.

I like the mod that lets you turn Balgruuf to the Stormcloaks. That definitely should have been a vanilla option if you had enough fame and Speechcraft. (or if you intercepted enough Imperial couriers bringing him bribes he'd defect).

Certain followers should refuse to join if you pick a side they don't like.

Attached: ulfricsdraw.png (512x512, 274.07K)

Convince the Empire they are wrong.
Invade Sumerset.

That should do it

That mod which lets you capture certain Band/Forsworn camps and claim them for a hold or Civil War faction. Something like that should have been in vanilla.

There is capturing forts though

This
as Dragonborn you'd have a pretty good claim to be the fucking emperor let alone High King

Yeah, but it's just a mandatory part of the questline. There are mods that make it dynamic. Where you can capture Bandit Forts or Forsworn Forts and then declare them for the local hold or the Imperials or Storm Cloaks.

How would a random fucking nobody (who could be a dark elf or high elf) have claim to being High King just because they're Dragonborn?

easy, help the thalmor

A lot of fans don't understand that the being Dragonborn and the Dragonborn Emperors aren't the same thing. The Emperors were Dragonborn but their claim to the Throne was through lineage, not by virtue of being Dragonborn.

Seriously hear me out.

I made a mod pack that literally changed everything and made Skyrim the masterpiece it could have been. But then the AE update destroyed my mod order and I dropped it but for a brief moment Skyrim was a new game.

>Civil war overhaul
> medieval armor replacement for soldiers
>Civil war fort's
>Road overhaul

These change the entire game.
Now all of skyrim is a battlefield.
Bandits no longer outnumber soldiers, they don't even exist.
Every fort is now owned by an army.
Every road is patrolled and you won't survive an emey patrol so you need to take backroads or disguise yourself (faction armor is superior)
Your rank is important because you need a squad of soldiers with you to take over a fort. You can't solo anything.
Half of Skyrim is locked unless you hide your identity. Playing as a stormcloak is very intense because Imperials have superior tactics and gear.
You can spend hours trying to claim a single road.

The main story takes a backseat and the civil war is at the for front of everything. And you can't just blitz through the civil war quests because they're so intense. The creator level locked it so if you're playing a new character like you should, you won't be able to get far until you're level 20. But thankfully taking part in patrols and doing land skirmishes js the fastest way to level up.

Attached: 1342483962106.jpg (300x300, 19.61K)

The same way Tiber Septim did, by using your reality breaking powers to murder anyone who opposes you until everyone who's left begrudgingly acknowledges your in charge.

And a lot of people who claim the dragonborn could be a leader misses the point that paarthunax was trying to make about the dominating nature of dragons. It's in their and your nature to lead and conquer. It's literally the canon reason why you become the leader of every guild in such a short time. The dragonborn is a magically dominating personality that very few can reasonably challenge to rule.

But the message is that you shouldn't rule because you can. Paarthunax made his choice to deny his nature of conquering. And he advised the dragonborn to do the same. He rules all the major guilds and is a thane of all the holds. He COULD become highking but in a meta sense he knows it wouldn't work out. The dragonborn is diametrically opposed to alduin and will refuse the mantle of king. He's there to slay dragons and disappear once the dragons are gone. He isn't there to live a mortal life.

Attached: 1654302742540.jpg (1024x727, 89.39K)

Not true.

Tiber Septim (Talos Stormcrown) was a warrior who came from peasant blood, and made his name growing in the ranks of the Colovian Legions.

It was only after the Legions partitioned, did he find out he was dragonborn and ended up using the Imperial chaos to seed power as a warlord that went on to claim Skyrim, then High Rock, then Hammerfell, etc..

He was a Napoleon.

Attached: file.png (624x799, 426.13K)

maybe your dragonborn is a huge faggot but mine isn't

Kill Paarthunax

Attached: file.png (1700x956, 1.91M)

It's canon that the dragonborn fucks off from nirn once you stop playing. Idk what you fags see in him being high king. Go play mount and blade of you want to rule so bad.

nah

maybe it's becasue i never finsihed the main quest, but why the fuck would he do that?

>play an unbelieveably broken game that has working mods
>play an unbelieveably broken game that has shitty mods

Why don't you fucking bite a shotgun, you homo.

Attached: stevenharper-canada.gif (220x220, 517.74K)

Infest imperial culture with banking elites that push immigration and cross breeding and decadent lifestyles until the imperials devalue themselves and donate their daughters to disenfranchised Nords, then pose an external existential threat, whether physical or socio-economic, that forces them to unite under one banner.

Okay my mistake. Though without the Amulet of Kings it is still questionable that the Last Dragonborn could make a claim to the Empire. It would be disputed for sure, especially depending on the Dragonborn's race. They also might not be the only one; the Greybeards leave it open.

I don't think it matters because the Empire won't exist for long.

>TES5 timeline
>"""Empire""""
>to invade anything

lol

Attached: RBH8ENm.jpg (2048x1375, 242.06K)

He doesn't.

You won't know what happened to the Dragonborn until the next game comes out.

The Nerevarine funded a expedition to Atmora.

The Eternal Champion becomes Sheogorath.

oy vey

Attached: 1446069894069.jpg (437x598, 41.63K)

Morrowind actually is suppose to look atleast 2 more regions green. They border Ebonheart now.

I guarantee that the backstory for TES VI will be that the Empire has collapsed and all or most of Cyrodiil is under Thalmor occupation.

What are you spaztics so mad about. I gave you an answer based on lore and you're just seething about it. Go back

Attached: 1453441370109.png (389x386, 312.3K)

>>The Nerevarine funded a expedition to Atmora.
Rumor, not strict canon.

>The Eternal Champion becomes Sheogorath.
Implied, but not strict canon. It's left open. If you did that DLC then your character became Sheogorath but if not... then they didn't.

didn't read + who cares

Will try thanks user senpai

All dlc is canon.

Besides that I dispute the oblivion PC becoming sheogorath since he's lying to you the entire time and everyone who enters becomes mad.
Hell the entire quest about the Knights of order only happens AFTER you activate the xadilian, the device which turns adventurer's crazy with hallucinations and trauma.

It's thrashing Skyrim with shitter conscripts from Skyrim itself, there's not even a single Imperial Battlemage in Skyrim. Not to mention all the Breton Knights (strongest warriors in Tamriel btw) who could stomp the Stormcloaks.

What mod is that gives npcs big booba like in pic

Looks like Poland but with Brazil's coastline

>All dlc is canon.
It's canon that it happened, not who did it. Nothing in Skyrim absolutely states that the character from Oblivion became Sheogorath. Sheogorath makes statements about all the major questlines, which by your logic means the main character did all those quest lines, that is for every guild, or else it is non canon or it is variable.

The lore and events are portrayed in such a way as to leave it open who the last main character was and what and how they did things. That way your personal play through and canon is up to you.

I know the UESP insists that the Hero of Kvatch became Sheogorath, but those mods are just autistic and can't think with any nuance.

My character was a thief and assassin. He didn't become Arch Mage or the leader of the Fighter's Guild. He never went to Sheogorath's realm because after the Oblivion Crisis was over and the world saved any further troubles with the Daedra weren't his concern. He retreated into obscurity having never desired the fame and got killed by some do gooder years later. Probably the same order that found Mehrunes Razor (which he had retrieved) and scattered its parts.

Note, in the lore how we are never told how those folks found Mehrunes Razor only that they DIDN'T get it the way the player does in Oblivion. That's to leave things open for anyone playing Skyrim. At some point, our former character didn't have the razor but how and when is left open.

>Playing as a stormcloak is very intense because Imperials have superior tactics and gear.
Ruined it. Skyrim is full of Veterans and master craftsmen. There is no reason the Imperials would have superior tactics or gear when Skyrim itself is a major provider to the Imperial Military. That's the whole reason the Empire wants it to remain but was willing to cut it's losses in Hammerfell.

just like with Oblivion, Bethesda made the mistake of thinking that the player HAD to be a part of every battle. The problem? The engine can only handle a handful of npcs in battles and it's underwhelming. The "battles" of Bruma and Solitude are jokes. The battle to decide a capital of Skyrim! fought by like 20 guys. Simply make the player quests about sabotaging, assassinating generals, spying, etc with the big battles as cutscenes. It's more interesting than "take this fort guarded by 8 dudes" over and over.

By doing absolutely nothing because the war only start if you initiate that quest which is arguable the worst quest in the entire game up there with the kill paarthurnax one.

Attached: 1638368244738.gif (300x300, 1.57M)

Every single person whos conquered or unified Tamriel did so via the same full proof method: might makes right. You are a demigod wearing 300 pound plate armor, swinging swords the size of people and shouting buildings apart like its second nature to you. You can rally dragons and entire towns just by your stature alone.