I stopped following video game news and releases years ago due to "lolpolitics" being the focus of every vidya...

I stopped following video game news and releases years ago due to "lolpolitics" being the focus of every vidya discussion since 2015.

Had no idea that the team who was behind Zero Escape made a new game. The 1st title is 8 bucks. Is it worth picking up if I enjoyed the first 2 Zero Escape games and hated the 3rd one?

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 116.26K)

Yes

It has a demo that more or less tells you what to expect. Premise is interesting, dialogue is good, and character designs are, in my opinion, pretty good too. Only gripe is that the "puzzles" are not really about using your head like in Zero Escape, and are more just avoiding meme options and having a slight grasp on dream logic.

I think it's better than Zero Escape.

Mystery is great, characters range from great to kinda annoying, humor ranges from pretty fucking funny to what were they thinking. And the puzzle segments can be annoying (they were really improved in the sequel).

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, but it's not a perfect game.

Now is it better than the 1st? Or are you just comparing it to the last 2 games? Because the sequels to 999 were very underwhelming imo.

Are the puzzles complete "put the shapes in the hole" tier, or is it just that the puzzles are ok, and just not "great?"

Unironically one of the worst games I’ve ever played. It’s so bad it makes me question my sanity seeing some people on on Any Forums actually like the game. It’s bad.

They are kinda moonlogic puzzles. Basically they occur while you are exploring people's dreams looking for evidence. So it often involves doing seemingly nonsensical things to achieve results.

The idea is neat but the execution is lacking. Most of them are still simple enough to get through, but for a few of them I wouldn't judge you for just having a guide open to push through. Some of them have a lot more logic to their solutions than others.

Think about it this way, do you really want to be giving Uchikoshi money after ZTD?

I've always seen ZTD as a game that was never supposed to happen, but the fans pulled, Uchikoshi kicking and screaming, into making it.

I feel the same about the Somnium sequel

I do think it's better than 999.

Eh, there's enough setup in Somnium 1 to things that happen in Nirvana Initiative (mainly Date's unexplained knowledge of multiple timelines and Mizuki being freakishly strong) that I feel it was always on the cards.

Gameplay is shit
Story goes off the rails, but not the ZTD way.
I wish Uchikoshi went back to Zero Escape, these are just not that fun except for some of the dialogue. I do like bullshit puzzles.

First one is very good, well worth $8

>Is it worth picking up if the creator previously lied involving game content and money?

And it's not like there was a big fan campaign to make a Somnium sequel like there was for ZTD. It just happened because the devs decided to.

Quick rundown on this?

You fucking retard, VLR was always intended to have a sequel,they were written side by side but the third game got canceled originally because of low sales. Educate yourself before you embarrass yourself next time

Attached: Zero Kyle Dilemma.png (950x547, 714.47K)

Yeah it was meant to have a sequel but it originally wasn't going to happen because the game sold horribly in Japan and only ok elsewhere. If not for the big fan campaign to get a sequel, it probably would have never been concluded. And the low budget for the game shows.

Basically just VLR set up a lot of stuff and ZTD didn't really cover it all. I wouldn't call it some malicious lie. Just it wasn't the game everyone wanted it to be, no doubt partially because of low budget.

>I wish Uchikoshi went back to Zero Escape
Imagine if he redid ZTD

I'm preordering that shit

I want Uchikoshi to just make a game where the fourth wall break happens at the very start so the entire thing can be about crazy timeline jumps and player-protagonist dynamics.

>steam reviews complain about sex jokes
How bad is it. I know to take reviews with a grain of salt.

there's literally scenes where the player character can't stop thinking about some receptionist's massive tits.

It's just zoomers being prudish.

It's a very very horny game. How that works for you is up to you. Personally, for me about half the horny jokes landed and half didn't. The game very much has a "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" approach to humor.