This was Nintendo at its peak

This was Nintendo at its peak.

>Great UI
>Full on Wii backwards compatibility
>Virtual console with thousands of titles.
>Nintendo Direct once a week.
>Miiverse
>Great Pro controller
>Actually has Netflix on it.
>Soul shop menu
>Easier to homebrew

Attached: wiiu_sys_blk_32g_p_m0knx4.jpg (1478x1003, 109.83K)

Finally someone thinks the Wii U is underrated

I really did like the Wii U. As an artist, I had a lot of fun with miiverse, and something about the time felt very communal. It's a shame didn't have too many great games. but I was enjoying splatoon, smash, mario maker, pikmin 3, zombi u, and game & wario.

all they had to do was call it the WII TWO and it would've sold in every casual household ever, just like the original. But NO. MARKET IT AS WII U, ONLY SHOW THE TABLET.

Morons

Maybe it's because I group up in the Wii-3DS-WiiU era, but I miss it so much bros. The next Nintendo console better hvae extra apps contained in the console.
>Mii Maker
>News Channel
>Weather Channel
>Video App
>Sound App
>Maybe Miiverse??

The Wii U was the dark ages of Nintendo.

Hence why it was peak Nintendo. Notice how their quality goes way down with every casual success they've had.

>>Great UI
Shit was slow af and it was still slow after the update
>>Virtual console with thousands of titles.
Which you still had to rebuy if you own them on the wii
>>Nintendo Direct once a week.
Majority of them was garbage your point?
>>Miiverse
Shit was full of pedos and trannies glad its dead
>>Great Pro controller
Agree but then again this really shouldn't be a point for the wii u considering you could use it on any platform
>>Actually has Netflix on it.
Who gives a shit a jewflix?
>>Soul shop menu
Agree
>>Easier to homebrew
If you have to bring up homebrew then your console is shit

It was objectively a horrible console, but I haven't had any faith in Nintendo not fucking up since Iwata died. The Switch was everything I wanted out of the Wii U, except they had to fuck everything up with paid online and horrendously lackluster games, even though there's a million of them now. At least last gen there was always a holdout of a chance that Nintendo would turn it around.

They absolutely won't, they're too paranoid about introducing a bug that would allow users to jailbreak their shit. They started really putting their foot down after the Wii U/3DS were basically a piracy paradise. Which is funny because they have basically no games worth playing between them.

Attached: 1592761428013.gif (480x398, 83.19K)

>*about jewflix?
Fuck

I liked the wiiu but them delaying zelda botw of the wild for the switch still pisses me off

they sacrificed the WII U so the switch could live. It worked.

They also sacrificed their goodwill in the process.

>peak
>almost killed the company

The Wii U sucks ass OP, be real. Like 95% of its library got ported over to the switch. The only legitimately great thing about it is the Virtual console and the modified rereleases of GBA games which include extra content in them. An example of this is the MMBN games which have the chips exclusive to the opposite version in them now.

i will be #1 wii u defender until the day i die

I wish I had the "IT PRINTS MONEY" gif saved. They simply do not give a single fuck about goodwill when they can sell as many consoles as they have now

Peak Nintendo was the NES

Notice how you didn't mention any WiiU games

I think most don't people care. To them 2012-2017 was just this weird era where Nintendo home consoles didn't exist, there's a large unexplainable blank spot in Nintendo's history for that era.

BOTW.