Gog-games

what the hell is the catch? i refuse to believe it's this easy and convenient to pirate games

Attached: gog.png (1518x996, 1.11M)

there is no catch, enjoy

thanks for reminding me to go pick up the free game

Catch is no one puts their game on GOG.
You can download some no name indie game and they can't even hire some lawyer to DMCA it.

Right there in OP's screenshot is a release by Bethesda, though.
Anyway,
yes the games are DRM-free. It's amusing that nobody apparently tries to shut down such a well-known piracy site, but the games as distributed by GOG generally don't have any piracy protection in them, so by definition they are easy to pirate. But if you pirate DRM-free games while paying for DRM-infected games, then go fuck yourself. Just saying

It already got shut down once or twice

The catch is it's a gimmick based public tracker. They get overloaded with feds tracking IPs and often just exist to gain attention until they can package a bitcoin miner with some big releases and vanish.

if they shut it down 18 copycats would prop up in 30 minutes. you just cannot prevent piracy of drm free games.

Original got shut down, this new site.
It is not torrent site, they have direct links to zippyshare, mega, etc.
Just like fitgirl and other repackers have direct links on their site.

>It is not torrent site
Tell that to the magnet links they have for larger games.
>fitgirl
Last time I downloaded fitgirl shit I got a very threatening email from my ISP.

>you just cannot prevent piracy of drm free games.
This. It's also why GOG's revenue is horrifically shit.

Enjoy it while it lasts, there's no catch besides a bit of a limited selection

>pirate Prison Architect
>suddenly half the prisoners are in jail for video game piracy
kek

>Getting letters from your ISP for pirating shit

Attached: lambdasm.png (417x352, 212.42K)

isnt it completely legal? You buy a game from gog and its yours. You own it. So if you want to upload it to the internet that is fine

>limited selection
>140 pages of games

fitgirl be like *.jpg of pot of honey* haha

Here come the paranoid schizos

i work at "a cable provider" and every time i get a DMCA release request for people who were using fucking fatboy miners i laugh a little inside and think about posting about it here

literally me
i have never ran out of games to play
most of which i actually bought after pirating
crosscode for example

You don't own digital games you purchase, you get a license allowing you to play it

These people believe the russian cs forum we all love and appreciate is just going to ruin their lives, what can I say

The majority of those games is just random indie titles

Not from gog. You get the installer. You own the files.

It has plenty of games, but half of the time I'm looking for one it isn't there.

Threaten them back to swap providers.

The method they distribute the games with is irrelevant

Attached: GOG.jpg (583x112, 15.7K)

You own the files, but your license only allows you to play said files, not distribute them. Nothing stops you practically from distributing the files, though.

Too late ive been selling USB drives with gog installers on them at the gas station and no one is gonna stop me