Without telling me "IT WAS MADE BY A B-TEAM!" or "MUH INTERCONNECTED WORLD"...

Without telling me "IT WAS MADE BY A B-TEAM!" or "MUH INTERCONNECTED WORLD", explain why Dark Souls 2 is somehow a "shit game"

Attached: 91LuqSnpvjL._AC_SX425_.jpg (425x489, 39.23K)

kill yourself 2nigger

Frigid Outskirts

Attached: shitsouls2.jpg (1010x5431, 1.59M)

most of the criticisms of the game boil down to "it's too hard"
same with elden ring

Iron passage
Iron Keep

It suffered massively from scope creep and undirected development that led to them not getting enough done before what they had was essentially scrapped for parts to quickly put together a new game from assets ranging from placeholder to unfinished. They then had to downgrade it to run on EOL consoles.

There's a reason that the game has something so experimental and interesting as the way the character gets soaked when immersed in liquids yet also had something as experimental and buggy as ADP.
There's a reason the game has this really ambitious use of torches and lighting yet also fails to properly obscure the low-fidelity assets (like the obviously tiled textures) that would have been hidden in DaS1.
There's a reason the game has this massive hidden overworld map in the starting area yet can't coherently string together a road.
There's a reason the game has the ability to dual wield any weapon vaguely compatible with another weapon yet the animations are very stiff.

And that reason is that they could not make an open world game with their modern tools and assets at the time and had to learn how to make any of that shit work over the course of multiple games.

>explain why Dark Souls 2 is somehow a "shit game"
It's part of Dark Souls series.

Can't, it was great with some minor flukes
The fact that people have made 5h+ nitpicky vids on how bad it is, all while crying out their eyes on how "you can't find it good", just cements it as good
Souls peaked at Bloodborne and DS2
Also, fuck every single immersion and lorefag

Attached: 1636254987175.gif (275x207, 2.44M)

I love DS2 but most of the boss fights are pretty weak

kek

I don’t think it’s a bad game at all but it’s clearly the worst dark souls game. Doesn’t mean it’s “bad” but someone has to be last

the gameplay is shit
the story is shit and doesn't fit into DS1 and DS3 lore
the graphics are shit
the level design is shit (beyond just the lack of interconnectivity)
the music is shit
the DLCs are shit
the enemy design is shit
the covenants are shit

This, ds2fags have broken tastes and no amount of contrarianism will convince ppl it's not shit.
I played it a total of 100hours and I regret every bit of it.
t. 150 ds1, 500+ ds3 and 200 ER, 1 playthrough of DeS, platinum Bb and multiple runs of Sekino (favorite w/ DS3 & Bb)

game is full of stupid inconvenient shit like this

Attached: 20211227211154_1.jpg (1440x810, 241.33K)

It feels like a cheap attempt at imitating the first game made by a chinese company

It's difficult for the sake of being difficult, previous titles were difficult but also fair.

Attached: 2014-11-19_00007.0.jpg (1200x675, 32.73K)

Very ugly to look at, level design (as in individual levels not the overall connectiveness, faggot) is extremely boring or extremely shit, the story is nonsensical, the ost is mostly forgettable, the bosses suck, etc.

Any Forums thinks it is the best in the series

Only played DS2 and DS3
- DS2 has better combat system imo, the bosses are easy as shit except the one I forgot his name but you guys probably know who I am talking about lol
- DS3 has insanely better graphics, environements, design but the combat system is lacking compared to DS2, the bosses are really challenging and some of them are insanely hard like the dude on the dragon and the mega dragon in DLC
Also I'm a casual so yeah probably for some no life both games are easy but for me DS3 was hard, DS2 was easy

i liked it but i thought there were too many fucking enemies sometimes.