Why is it the best game in the series?

Why is it the best game in the series?

Attached: 51f+Uny5KjL._AC_.jpg (500x440, 39.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s0I4d9ooz8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it took the good parts of 1 and 2 and turned it into what is still widely considered one of the best RPGs of all time. And because Ciri's in it.

Atmosphere and no ciri to shit up the story, W1 has the superior Source character

Because it was made specifically for PC.

Idk why people hate witcher 1 combat, I played it for the first time recently and it was pretty okay
Once you got a lot of combos at the end of the game it felt like Geralt was actually super strong

>best music
>best graphics (colors, no bloomssaodof shit, not over the top)
>probably some other shit like story, what happens....
overall way better atmosphere, some grey clouds, wheat fields vegetation and mysterious bullshit, some people call it SOVL

youtube.com/watch?v=s0I4d9ooz8w

It really makes you FEEL like a witcher

Because timed clicking isn't fun.

That's an odd looking picture of witcher 3

Actually not true. That's what it seems like but when you play the game it's actually kinda decent. And the rest from other witcher games is already here (spells, executions, rolls).

On top of you you have the posturekino, with powerful, rapid or group, which feel cool to use.

Probably a relatively "recent" thing. I don't really remember people bitching about the combat back when it came out, only people generally enjoying the game and being jelly of those who had a rig powerful enough to set all the graphics settings to the max.

It's a picture of The Witcher 1, the best of the series.

lol
lmao
3 is the best

Because OLD GOOD NEW BAD
Tw2 has better writing and tw3 has better gameplay

>Tw2 has better writing
Idk man, I barely remember what happened in witcher 2, it was pretty boring

That's probably nostalgia talking because the death of henselt and saskia's transformation are more memorable than anything in Tw1 barring the ending, which is great.

There's a few reasons for me, primarily being the wonderful, inviting world.

The enviroments are surprisingly comfy, even the shitty ass end of Vizima feels relaxing, since you're perfectly safe there during he daytime, you can be nice to the hookers, especially Carmen, her quest leaves a warm feeling in my stomach. There's just something special about coming to a surprisingly welcoming seedy tavern in the middle of the night, after slaying some human traffickers, knowing you'll be fine, then punching the entire local fight club in the dick for some spare change so you can buy that herbarium you've been eyeing, getting piss drunk with that one guy for information for Leauvaarden, and drunkenly staggering to the inkeep so that you can meditate till morning and both get sober, and spend those brand spanking new silver talents on silver sword combos. When you wake up in the morning you shoot the shit with your best friend, lay out your soul to him, and he's perfectly fine with that, so he gives you some genuinely hope inspiring advice while also cheering you up with humor.

That fucking alcoholic grandma in Shani's house caused me to develop some PTSD stockholm syndrome bullshit where i associate her with that scene where you reunite with Dandelion and Zoltan and have a party. Everyone feels like genuine, actual friends which is something i notice so few games seem to get.

I could go on, but i think you get the point.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 186.29K)

Let's say I believed you. Which difficulty is most fun to play?

One thing is that W1 was clearly made as an RPG, and then had action slapped on top of it, opposite of action-rpg w2/w3 approach. W1 was trying to amaze you with the story, the world, the feels, the roleplay value, w2/w3 priorities were ever so slightly different. Another thing, I really loved how W1 story had you in it, rather than revolving around you. In W1, you're kinda yet another loser stuck in a city of small people, in w2/w3 you start with saving kingdoms and end with saving worlds. Can't say which approach is better, but I definitely loved witcher 1 for its scale.

The highest, obviously.

Wouldn't I have to run around gathering ingredients and shit just to do the most basic of quests? Are you being sincere user? Did you really have fun playing W1 on the hardest difficulty?

it's exactly because of that, you don't actually get a good grip of the gameplay mechanics until you have unlocked a lot of new movements for geralt. If you can pass the clunkiness of the first episodes, it's turn out to be a lot more fun that it is on the beginning, but this unironically filter a lot of people to not investing more time in the game.

rest became console trash

The tight story and world.

Yes, on highest difficulty you will actually have to do witcher things to get around. Also, it's not really hard.

You'd better not be fucking with me user. I'm going to do it.

Attached: 1654659839283.jpg (1261x1444, 151.12K)

>On top of you you have the posturekino, with powerful, rapid or group, which feel cool to use.

Yo that was one of my favorite parts of the combat system. It's one of the things that made me actually FEEL like a Witcher, which the other 2 games never really succeeded in doing. Everything is vulnerable to a different style, oil, or bomb, and different potions are better against certain enemies.

If we imagine an enemy as a problem you need to solve, there's so many layers to the solution, and peeling them away makes you feel like a Witcher readying for a hunt. First you look at the journal entry, see if you can make any pots or oils, meditate and do alchemy, check your stats and what your styles are good at, look at alchemy again, make white gull with special buffs, pick which buff you can afford since they don't grow on trees, maybe have several meteorite swords forged, fight the encounter then realize group style is really good, and Thunderbolt still let's you stunlock, so you learn for the future, etc. I know it sounds tedious, but this feeling of preparation is something only STALKER made me feel a few times.

Attached: the-witcher-fast style.jpg (480x297, 30.53K)

Please do it, though i would recommend Normal for a first time playthrough. Spec everything into your raw stats, swords, and if you feel like it, alchemy. Geralt's swordsmanship can become absurdly effective on normal. Magic is useful, but only becomes as critical as everything else on Hard.

Nah I'm a hard mode kind of guy anyway. I'll do it after I finish my current requim playthrough.

Attached: 1653262120073.jpg (750x1000, 101.87K)