Dragon's Dogma 2

New vocation ideas?

Attached: 1655858194108.png (899x1592, 1.47M)

Spears. We need spears. Maybe an alternative fighter path with one/two handed spears.

Monk, fist weapons

I hope they scrap the pawn system and come up with something else it was never intuitive and didn’t add much to the game

Bait

>spear fags when they see a fantasy game thread

Attached: 1570658505430.jpg (582x582, 39.97K)

Necro/Demonancer
I want to summon an army of little shits.

Attached: 402259-Screaming-Skeleton.jpg (1000x667, 62.71K)

Some kind of leader class that can get extra pawns

>from DDO
Alchemist, Spirit Lancer, High Scepter.
Maybe the concept of daggers and bows getting separate vocations instead of being tied to one another could work too.
>brand new
Beastmasters & Summoners.
Magic class that wields a two-handed weapon (Warhammer causes tremors, Zweihander commands lightning to strike, Holy Hammer marks a spot to be blessed which destroys all undead that touch it, etc.).

Attached: DNFD_Crusader_5S.png (954x583, 765.99K)

Monk/Fighter
Magic Sling
Summoner/Tamer

Berserker vocation.

Attached: 1642576246820.jpg (740x429, 67.92K)

I'd love to see how they would implement a necromancer

bard

Attached: ezgif-7-e52adc9f0d55.jpg (1200x881, 130.61K)

I like the idea of a monk/unarmed vocation. I thought the idea of a beast master was silly at first but it's grown on me. I also like the idea of a shapeshifting vocation

Yes. I love them and will not apologise.

why not

I prefer this one.

Attached: 1470927403010.jpg (800x776, 122.48K)

Fighter, but instead of a sword you carry a big fucking lance and greatshield.

Cursed vocations
>Red - Black Knight
>Blue - Necromancer
>Yellow - I got nothing

Summoner would be a huge waste of a vocation. You've already got pawns. If you add any more NPC allies to the battlefield then you're not playing the game anymore, you're just watching NPCs play it for you.

If they could fit Hunting Horn-esque gameplay into DD2 I would never pick another vocation.

>you're just watching NPCs play it for you.
Good.

Attached: diablo-2-resurrected-necromancer-corpse-explosion-animation[1].jpg (1601x900, 39.65K)

It's a lot harder to make spear gameplay that doesn't feel like shit than it is for swords. Spears are a lot more reliant on precision than swords, which is hard to replicate, so it just becomes
>Press X to poke

It's different when the game actually has fun gameplay.

Dual axes with axe throwing skills

Yeah, I hope they add an online subscription service.

Yes.

Attached: 1531390376630.webm (490x360, 866.02K)

'TIS WEAK BAIT
'TIS EVEN WEAKER UP CLOSE

You don't need to give them AI if you don't want to undermine Pawns. Have them attack the nearest enemy for a certain amount of time or until they get hit enough times.

Alternatively, a Beastmaster would have one constant beast that effectively is their main weapon while they wield a simple crossbow or shortsword. The beast's skills would be special commands while the main attack buttons are for basic commands. Way more direct control than a Pawn but with a more limited moveset.

Fisticuffs/hand to hand as an alternate red vocation
Base vocation would be standard brawler stuff, haymakers, tackles, grappling, throwing enemies at each other, pocket sand
Advanced would be boxing, fancy footwork, flurries and combos, counters, uppercuts, can juggle smaller enemies
Hybrid with yellow would be fancy martial arts shit, lots of kicks, flips, a one inch punch, tetsuzanko
Hybrid with blue would just be Alchemist

Attached: tetsuzanko.jpg (1365x2048, 252.71K)

You go into permanent casting-mode during necromancy, you directly control the raised skellies/corpses as a collective. It would basically function like a weapon and use weapon skills.

Bard, Trickster, Merchant, Mercenary, Knight, Dark Knight, Swordmaster, Marksman, Musketeer, Duelist, Summoner, Pugilist, Monk, Shaman and some others that haven't crossed my mind yet.

Fencer - only one one-handed sword, no shield, left hand empty. No magic, no long-distance attacks, just a lot of cool sword skills, like quick draw etc.
A quick, agile fighter. Like a samurai, just minus the weeb, and with a normal sword instead of katana.

Lance is my favorite weapon in Stranger of Paradise. DD already took inspiration from the Job System for Vocations and SoP Jobs kind of felt like vocations with skill trees added, so why not keep the ball rolling? If DD2 let me Dragoon Jump onto a monster and hold on so I can stab its eye out then it's even more GOTY then it already will be.

Attached: 1648536433082.jpg (1920x1080, 262.08K)

kek they're totally gonna add weeb weapons and maybe even a weeb class. Almost every jap can't stop themselves from inserting Jap culture into European fantasy. Don't know why DD1 didn't have it, maybe time contraints.

Yeah, there should be more hybrid classes with some of them being more one vocation than the other

For instance:
>Monk
75% fighter 25% mage
Fist weapons or hand wraps enchanted to do elemental damage and short range blasts, basically martial artist that does elemental bending like in Avatar
>Spearman
75% strider 25% fighter
Exactly what it says. Fast and agile strikes at range, lots of heavy impaling stun attacks, maybe a move that lets you shove your spear into an enemy, climb on top of it, use the spear as a springboard to jump higher and pulling it with you as you can leap on top of the enemy’s head or do a devastating aerial attack
>Guardian
75% mage 25% strider
Enchanted spears, similar to Spearman but less agile movement and more emphasis on using the spear to channel your magic. Example of a move would be spinning your spear around you and slicing up your enemies while you’re at the centre of the fire tornado. Or shoving your spear into the ground behind you and kicking up a Spartan Earth shield that you can hold to block most damage for a short while
>Alchemist
75% strider 25% mage
Slingshot and daggers. You can launch poisons, bombs and potions at enemies. Very little if any crafting needed, fuck that shit we’re aiming for fun not realism. A high level ability might be a transmogrification potion that can transform your enemy into an animal. Animal could be a chicken, could be a werewolf, could be a dragon. You just don’t know. Obviously what they could transform into depends on the amount of space available and there would be resistance checks so it would be incredibly hard to turn a dragon into a chicken. Then of course there would be simple potions that cause fear, hallucination allies, and just simple fire bombs etc etc
>Shapeshifter
80% mage 20% fighter
Simple staff, but your main abilities will mean you don’t really use it too often. Can transform into almost anything in the game from a wolf to a cyclops and more.