What is your philosophy of game design Any Forums?

What is your philosophy of game design Any Forums?

Attached: 7d6a234e6c3c0657ac1fb588068f987a.png (720x720, 499.53K)

big tiddy = good game

Overwatch.

Attached: 1644172193994.gif (400x400, 1.57M)

If it can make me cum in seconds as advertised

The developers are always right and once they release a game, they should not balance it or listen to player feedback
Also Rikka is cute and OP is cute

The less Japanese stuff the better the game is
Fantasy game in a Western setting with western tropes? No fucking katanas and rice balls thank you

Based

>minimal amount of handholding
>well written dialogue
>hot girl
>in house engine
4 things and your game is good. #4 is important because it filters good devs and bad ones.

"Weightiness" and "granularity", for lack of better terms.
>Smooth movements without going overboard ala Doom, Quake
>Weapons, abilities, etc., with distinct personality, purpose, and presentation. Synthetik does this extremely well.
>None of that stupid +1% damage perks and shit. Want more damage, you get a fucking a bazooka or 100% damage boost.
That's all I can think of for now.

Attached: the big think.jpg (225x225, 5.4K)

>Miłość, gimbaza i kosmiczna faza

I genuinely dont understand this hatred of japanese shit. I can understand if people dont like it, but why do people feel the need to be antagonize it? Especially since western games have been getting so pozzed recently

Those tiddy don't sell very well though.

Variety over balance
Exploration over direction
Simplicity over complexity

Deus Ex, Lands of Lore, Diablo 1, Symphony of the Night, and Valkyrie Profile are all some of my favorite games because they represent some of the most streamlined examples within their genres in terms of controls and mechanical depth, yet allow the player to go off the rails a bit, explore and soak in lore, and avoids getting too game-y. Basically, if it's an ARPG with soul, I'll probably like it.

Attached: nyan neko sugar girls 1606519716756.jpg (1024x768, 148.19K)

The tech tree is the core of your game. Fuck it up, and the game is ruined.

Attached: 15643487645.png (256x256, 192.62K)

This

Attached: 3D95086B-7680-41FA-A91B-2ECC88495529.jpg (750x1334, 110.64K)

Keep the "fun" at the core of the gameplay experience.

Having weathered the "early access" era, I watched a number of games start off with a fun notion, or an exciting system, then carefully and gently push the fun in to a bag before throwing it in to a river.

What is "fun" about a game can be radically different from game to game. Some games are power fantasies, some are instant-loss simulators, some are open ended philosophical masturbation fiestas. A game that fails to understand what it is an murders the fun at it's own core is nothing.

Prison Architect is my perfect example of this. It started out as a quirky building-management game with an exciting and funny set of failure conditions. However the developers being soft, fat old british men got very upset to see people weren't taking their game very seriously and were purposefully engineering riots, building death camps and in general being very mean to their pretend prisoners. Slowly but surely they crushed any sense of peril or threat out of the game, and when I last played, prisoners will politely sit together all clumped up in the mess hall on a 24/7 lunch schedule and die without so much as trying to wrestle the keys from a nearby janitor. It's depressing.

Fuck simulation.
Embrace arcade.

Attached: 1650076969789.png (476x286, 129.93K)

Make the game challenging, if the player cannot learn how to play the game, they have failed at playing the game.

Attached: 1624292418385.jpg (627x627, 53.9K)

gameplay >>>>> everything else

when it comes to graphics
artstyle >>>>> realism

no handholding no tutorial
for difficulty normal mode is hard and challenging, easy is braindead easy for the apes

fanservice is subtle

Make games that aren't made very often anymore.

This, if there is a story it should be told with gameplay

marketing, that's why