It it time?

I have no nostalgic ties and have never touched it before? Does it hold up?

Attached: Screenshot_20220625-230457_Firefox.jpg (1100x824, 387.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nunShSzKrks?t=49
youtube.com/watch?v=OmRPdHXylUM&t=24s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no. it was never good.

played it for the first time 2 years ago, honestly don't see what people like about it. everything is just stand in this area survive, send your friend to this button and wait for them to complete it, oh no there is an enemy spawner repeatedly spawning in battle droids until you blow it up every single level

I dunno guys I liked it a lot when I played it for the first time four years ago.

It's fun, but not perfect.
Biggest problems are the main assault rifle feeling weak, the pistol feeling weak, and the final mission seeming a bit rushed (reused enemies and areas).
Mission 2 is pretty fantastic IMO, where you're stalking through a Republic starcruiser that went derelict.
If you're a Star Wars fan (fan of the pre-disney stuff) it's a good time.
If you're not attached to Star Wars and aren't interested in a game that isn't perfect, might not be for you.

Gameplay wise it doesn't hold up as well as Halo 2 which came out around the same time, still fun tho. Squad commands also add an extra element, I'd say its still worth playing.

youtu.be/nunShSzKrks?t=49

It's a good experience, somewhat short and the end stretches as people have mentioned. Are you expecting to be blown away? No? Then give it a shot. It's satisfying

>I have no nostalgic ties and have never touched it before?
What sort of retard writes a sentence like this?

Been mainly looking for something to get the terrible taste of Disney star wars content I've consumed recently

It's fun. Pray Disney never touches it.

I played it and a few parts were kind of cool but I liked halo / timesplitters / battlefront more at the time
but the last time I played it was before xbox 360

VODEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yea it should help, particularly if you like the prequels.
I can suggest other stuff if you want OT flavor.

Yeah I'm open to it

As the developer once described it: "It's an fps game for star wars fans, not a star wars game for fps fans."
Or something among those lines, so take that what you will.

It doesn't
Everything about it was good for its time, but very shallow if you've played any other fps in your life.

>the entire level is a hallway, blow up each pillar along the hallway and level is complete!
It's shit like that.

Still worth playing.
Pay attention to the story.

Played it some months ago and it's pretty fun, some shit aged bad but it's a 8/10 halo clone (pun intended)

I just love how basic, but tight the game feels. Squad command is basically just "press contextual button to get in position" and yet it works. Soundtrack really adds to the game, too.

Attached: dd56a48dbf4f8343759e68efedbcaa74.jpg (1920x1080, 294.02K)

It's still good, don't know wtf people are complaining about. Maybe it's another game that filters people like Far Cry 2. Nothing made these days will ever be as soulful anyway

Nah, the squad commanding is braindead stuff and the actual shooting doesn't hold a candle to good fps games. Usually you just walk into an arena, press x to send squad to position that is the only place the game allows you to put them, and then shoot shit until you see things not moving anymore.

Its not terrible, but there is no reason to ever play it.

For me, it's Star Wars Rebel Assault 2, which is an arcade style rail shooter with FMV cutscenes.
You can get it on steam (maybe GOG too idk?) but I'd recommend emulating the PS1 version, as I had trouble getting my gamepad to work with the PC version and it controls best with a gamepad imo.
Grew up with this game thanks to my uncle who gave me his PS1
youtube.com/watch?v=OmRPdHXylUM&t=24s
Story is cool. The FMV cutscenes have actors with props from the films and it all feels pretty authentic.

The gunplay is complete trash. It's like if UT2k4 had CoD "realism" and bullet spread. No satisfaction firing the guns, nothing hits where you're aiming, and enemies are bullet sponges.

The only thing anyone remembers about the game is the story, and even that feels like it's unfinished. The ending was shit.

>Imperial Commando never
It hurts. Why are sci-fi games that let you be an operator so rare?

Attached: 1575503262639.png (2250x2167, 531.57K)

one of my favorite games as a kid, it's fun but it's flawed. the guns feel incredibly weak (with a few exceptions) and the game was rushed out the door.
definitely worth playing through, but don't expect it to blow your nuts off.
I personally still love it mostly for the atmosphere and the squadmembers
>being insulted by your squadmates if you go down
kino