Is black scottish a thing or is it just a tf2 trying to be out of the box?

Is black scottish a thing or is it just a tf2 trying to be out of the box?

Attached: Demoman.png (300x475, 168.18K)

>Is black scottish a thing
No, which is why that aspect of his character is played up for a joke. He's an anomaly. "They've got more feckin' sea monsters in the great Loch Ness than the likes of me".

>angry drunk explosives expert
Would make more sense if he were Irish

Sure it is

Attached: aYlrGirWrRCTU1PF6Svghn1EMAc.jpg (1000x1426, 161.73K)

Good explanation.
/thread

its a subversion of expectations, also .

i play medic a lot and refuse to ever heal a demoknight in protest of the abomination that TF2 has become. based or cringe?

There's probably at least a couple black scotts out there but I know for a fact that Valve did it because it was funny and out of left field.

based

>"THE BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS, NOW EXTINCT!"

Chef's family in South Park

there are probably a non-zero number of black people in scotland with scottish accents, but not enough to be a demographic

fpbp

Wasn't the joke that they only had room for one more character, so they dumped every stereotype they haven't used yet onto him?

No? Team Fortress had already had nine specific classes since the Quake days (plus the Civilian). The Demoman was originally a ginger white guy, same outfit, same mutton chop beard, same hat and all. Then someone made him black literally 'for the lulz' and the rest of the team laughed hard enough that it became the new and final design, because back then you could still design games that way.

Why demoknight in particular? Just don't heal faggots wearing banana hat and shit

I might as well ask, why are the Scots (and by extension the Irish) so fucking retarded? You'd think they would be on par with the rest of the UK but apparently not. At least they're not as bad as the fucking Polish.

dead fucking serious here, around 2015 at the local golden chick a customer walked in who was the splitting image of the demoman
black guy with the same facial features and same do-rag + he was wearing a plaid kilt and a wifebeater
i don't know if it's pure fucking chance someone like that exists or if he was trying to look like demoman but the dude was obviously 40 or 50 so idk if he'd be a gamer
just thought i'd share that memory

oops meant for

eyepatch?

i don't believe so, just everything else was peak demoman aesthetics

There are only about 5.5 million Scots in the world. Their population is smaller than the city of London.
Despite being so few, they're incredibly entrepreneurial and inventive. So I wouldn't describe them as "retarded."
Can't speak for the Irish, but every jock I've met has been quite charming and funny. Very easy-going people in my experience.

Whiskers too?

facial hair arrangement was the same but a bit bushier and grayer due to aging

Black Scottish is a dated term used to refer to black people in Scotland and similar terms are/were used in other parts of Europe
Demoman's full name references this by being equal parts Scottish (Tavish), Irish (Finnegan) and Dutch (DeGroot) referencing Black Scottish, Black Irish and Black Dutch

Attached: 4wqm9433tvb31.png (993x929, 1.4M)

He should've been Irish. That way they could double up on a "Black Irish" joke and also base him off the IRA.

Sounds pretty cool, desu

but there's already an irishman

Attached: the jannie.jpg (1367x884, 219.83K)