Gunvolt thread

Are these games worth trying, if I'm a Zero/ZX fan? Heard they're basically unofficial sequels.

Attached: 1599413251986.jpg (743x1000, 141.55K)

they are pretty different

Attached: 1654964573231.jpg (1200x1200, 1000.17K)

Yes and Blaster Master Zero.

Attached: 1627750597423.png .png (1280x1920, 2.4M)

How are they different? Heard the main character basically plays like Model A, and then the Luminous Avenger games have more standard MM gameplay. Where do I start?

Attached: 1582056461812.jpg (1000x743, 109.27K)

I tried the first Azure Striker Gunvolt and it's fine but I can't say I'm hooked on it.

Oh well, guess no one on Any Forums really plays these games.

Attached: 1630789060796.png (1000x856, 385.84K)

or too busy playing those games instead of shitposting on Any Forums

Gunvolt is a series that are fundamentally about rank, Unlike Zero you can replay stages in full including its boss fight (Unlike in zero where the stage just ends when you get a boss room if you replay an older one) the whole point of Gunvolt is that its built on repaying the same stages over and over until you either get the best rank or feel satisfied enough

Gunvolt (The character) has a somewhat passive play style the whole focus which is basically "Tagging" you hit someone and then use your powers to electrify them while dodging it. Hes hit or miss with a good amount of people but yeah thats how he is.

Later games past the first would add Copen a boss from the first game but with a total revamped playstyle. In effect. Its almost like Gunvolt's but he's far more active and more strong in the air then Gunvolt is (until GV3 I suppose) in Copen's case hes also closer to the traditional Megaman gameplay because he has access to Ex weapons. Usually people enjoy his playstyle more. LAXI2 changed him in a weird way by making him more melee focus and relegating his more speedier air focus gameplay into something can only shift back when he reaches overdrive

For what you should play. Honestly I'd just start with release order if I was you but there's nothing really stopping you from trying the others first

Not used to typing to this much

Attached: FT7RtLkaAAICpwL.png (704x750, 344.53K)

Nobody cares

Go back to your shithole /mmg/

Here's what I bought so far. LAXI2 has bad reviews and is kinda pricey, so I'll be skipping it for now.

What about the Mighty Gunvolt games? They were cheap so I grabbed them anyway.

Attached: gunvolt.png (275x153, 12.56K)

>Blaster Master Zero
great series. try those too

Attached: twitter.com cougar1404 E9e9dm-VEAc1TLI.jpg (655x1000, 370.82K)

Mighty Gunvolt games is pretty much just:

>Classic Megaman gameplay
>But with Gunvolt and MN9 characters

First game was basically just something inti made for fun as a way to advertise MN9, its not bad. Pretty average. Burst is more of a real game with tons of care put into it and is just really fun.

>Are these games worth trying
Absolutely.

>if I'm a Zero/ZX fan
Outside of Gunvolt 3 not specifically.

Skip 1
Play 2
Play iX1
Skip iX2
wait for 3
Play Mighty Gunvolt Burst

>unofficial sequels
I think sayings like that damage the series if anything, they're not going to scratch the zero itch
If you like platformers where you're rewarded for high rankings then go for it though

Buy Dragon Marked for Death. It's basically Zero/ZX as an RPG with multiplayer

Attached: __empress_dragon_marked_for_death_drawn_by_stoll_tmxhf__sample-01a9017065fa57459c32389bc23f9093.jpg (850x1021, 109.88K)

Tell me more about it, it's cheap enough in my region and I've been considering it but the reviews don't look too hot. Sounds like there's a lot of grinding, and from looking at the trailers it seems like the combat is just getting in range and spamming an ability, no matter the class, and your movement doesn't matter (which is the opposite of MM).

Nta but it's pretty fun but grindy like you said, there is skill involved and it can be pretty challenging on higher levels. The characters feel distinct with their own playstyle and moveset, I'd recommend it if you've got friends to play with.

I'm not baiting or anything but BMZ 3 is awful

Grinding's not that necessary since you can beat the game just by clearing all the quests, you'll only need to do it for weapons with low droprates. Abilities are tied to a limited resource so they're not fully spammable. The game's decent for solo play but I'd imagine it's more fun with others since every class plays differently. You're unlikely to find randos though since the online playerbase is dead

Nice ass

Skip 1? I'm currently playing it and it's just... fine, but I'm not sure I'm into it. Does 2 get better?