Oh yeah, that happened

Oh yeah, that happened

Attached: Shin_Megami_Tensei_X_Fire_Emblem_logo.png (910x499, 263.24K)

All I remember from this game were censorship-heads freaking out

And it turns out they were right in the end

But it didn't, and that's the problem.

Attached: 1647608037030.png (469x451, 220.92K)

How would you make a proper SMT X FE game anyway?

It didn't though.

I want to forget.

Attached: P4DAN Miku.jpg (1280x720, 155.49K)

People were extremely fucking mad about the game, even without taking censorship into account

Something along the lines of the Devil Survivor games, maybe, where it's a tactics game, but encounters are SMT style gameplay. Give that FE flavoring like TMS did with the weapon triangle weaknesses being added alongside the usual SMT stuff.

That was especially funny to me, because the main antagonist of the story was a deity with a name that could be shortened to "Miku".

For starters, use a setting and cast of OCs that's actually inspired by Fire Emblem instead of specifically the pop culture side of Tokyo. Also try to give the megaten demons any presence in the game, even if it's a backseat role (not a best outcome, but still preferred over being just scarce background cameos at best), at least incorporate them into the game in some fashion with the franchise's fusion system. Even fucking Persona retains at least that much.

As for how the gameplay should work, it really is a bit of a coin flip between traditional JRPG or trying to make an SRPG out of it, but at the very least, try to make it resemble either of the two franchises you're claiming to base it off of, instead of something too generic to really be either.

The greatest bait and switch in gaming

>As for how the gameplay should work, it really is a bit of a coin flip between traditional JRPG or trying to make an SRPG out of it
Have you played the Devil Survivor games? They were SRPG SMT games that still retained the usual SMT gameplay when units engaged in combat. In fact, the dev team that were assigned to making a SMT x FE and ended up making TMS were the same team that made those SRPGs, which made them making TMS even more confusing.

it didn't though. you can't say the end result is anyway related to either game.

And it was fun. I enjoyed it. It is basically a persona game with the fat cut out. No dumb social links or calendar shit. Just a normal game.

Attached: 54689891_p0_master1200.jpg (800x1098, 755.85K)

Fire Emblem cast is isekai's to fight in Lucifer's war. Characters get divided between the different factions Law, Neutral and Chaos

Yes I have, and they're even my favorite SMT games as a matter of fact. I'd just rather try to be a little more creative than just copying what those games did. We're merging two video game franchises here, so there's opportunities to experiment with ideas and mechanics from either and create a potentially unique mixture.

It was some of them, not all the devil survivor people

They disbanded the studio that worked on Devil Survivor.
I'll never forgive Atlus for doing that

I tried giving it a little bit of thought now and while it's not fully concrete, I feel like I at least have a decent base to work with.
>several characters from the Fire Emblem universes are summoned into one where the wars between Law and Chaos continue to rage on
>you play as Silent Protagonist Mark and have to encounter and recruit whichever characters you find through conversation choices to build a small army who can fight, as Mark can't fight on his/her own
>demons are the general enemies of the game, but in this universe, weapons can contain the powers of the demons within them and grant wielders their strength
>gameplay is heavily based on Fire Emblem, where units move on a grid map and engage in 1v1 exchanges of blows with abilities applying, weapons can have a demon assigned to them, and using the weapon with various certain conditions can activate demon skills for additional benefits such as Bufu for an extra hit of Magic Ice damage or Dia for a small heal to the wielder's HP
>demon skills are alligned with elements, and using an element a target is weak against can grant an extra hit in the engagement, while using one they're strong against could grant them an extra hit to use against you, a character's elemental affinities are adjusted by ALL demons in their possession
>weapons have durability and can't be repaired exactly, but being reduced to 0 doesn't completely break it, just prevents it from being able to activate demon skills anymore, and demon tagged weapons can always be fused to create a fresh new weapon with a new demon
>when a demon is felled with a weapon that has no demon within it, they'll be subdued and the character engages with them through conversation to either try and obtain an item, or take that demon into the weapon they were just defeated with, demons only grant one demon skill for a weapon, but what skill it is could vary depending on the weapon they're bound to
Post got too long, but that's a decent gist so far.

Sounds crap. I prefer the idol shit

>take majin Tensei or Devil Survivor
>also take SMTIVA's crossover DLC
>make it a FE/SMT cross over
>Give it innovative pizazz on it's gameplay and give it an awesome art style
Not hard

How did they fuck this up so bad?