Souls-likes

>Nioh got archived and the developer's next game will be a pure action game
>Code Vein got archived and the developer's next game was an action game with light RPG elements
>The Surge got archived and its developer disappeared
>No Fallen Order follow up, instead the next Star Wars game will be a cinematic title a la Telltale
>No new Souls-likes in the horizon; Hellpoint is getting new DLC but that's it.

So basically outside From Software games, the Souls-like subgenre is completely dead.

Attached: soulslikes.jpg (1280x720, 446.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-8ix2pSHrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are the only ones who can make good ones so this is fine.

>Nioh got archived and the developer's next game will be a pure action game
That's not true.

bro, your Jedi Survivor game?

>>No Fallen Order follow up, instead the next Star Wars game will be a cinematic title a la Telltale

Attached: star-wars-jedi-survivor-fallen-order-2-cal-kestis-respawn.jpg (1600x900, 46.74K)

This.
It's very telling that every time a popular game is copied, you always see the birth of at least one serious competitor. Meanwhile no single Souls clone was even remotelly decent, let alone good enough to compete toe to toe with FromSoft

>no new souls-likes
I can see your nose, you know

Attached: 360.jpg (640x360, 62.29K)

OP here. I stand corrected, but my point still stands given how JFO is more inspired by Sekiro than the "pure" Souls games.

>Cinematic trailer without gameplay
>Not even the screenshots show the kind of gameplay the game will have

Doubt.jpg

>5 year timeskip
i fucking hate thsi shit

elden ring is shit, ds3 is soulless, and ds2 was mediocre
and bloodborne was saved by its dlc
you seem to be blinded by fanboyism

Yes, keep telling yourself that your contrarian opinion is the only good one. Surely everyone except you is wrong about everything. It could never be you.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-8ix2pSHrw

Attached: 1000_F_348163646_14A50T7O2Id9R0aMfPWyleREzmQsuvOl.jpg (1000x783, 132.83K)

It's literally true. Wo Long is literally a Sekiro clone with a ROTTK skin.

>likes fallen order
>wo long is not a souls-like despite the press-release literally stating it as a masocore game
Terminal shit taste

be more objective, mr. fromsoft-can-do-no-wrong

>Wo Long is literally a Sekiro clone with a ROTTK skin.
lol wut. It's obviously a Ninja Gaiden clone with some Dynasty Warriors elements.

It's massively oversaturated and played out even just within From games

>Mom, I want Bloodborne
>We have Bloodborne at home
>Bloodborne at home:

I personally don't mind it. I like most non-From Soulsborne clones because they were solid games on their own and if Lies of P is solid I will like it too.

>It's massively oversaturated
No, not really. Every year you get one Souls game, From or not From, at the very most, and some years are completely devoid of said clones (like 2021) so it's a hardly oversaturated.

Now compare it to indie Metroidvanias, where we get a dozen titles every year.

Exactly: it won't be a Soulslike, because the concept ran out of steam.

The only game that did the "inspired by Dark Souls" shtick well isn't even a a Soulslike.

And it's getting a sequel.

Attached: 1599204004_503450_1599204210_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 87.42K)

>No Fallen Order follow up
they released a short teaser for the sequel a month ago, too bad the original was the embodiment of mediocrity

Bloodborne was great, and a fairy-tale themed Bloodborne clone sounds great, as long as the devs are even halfway competent. I really hope they are, Steel Rising and Thymesia look incredibly janky and I'm starved for good Souls-likes
Speaking of upcoming Souls-likes I hope Hell Is Us and Nasralath end up good. At least I think those are Souls-likes, Hell Is Us only has a cinematic trailer and some screenshots

Attached: 1636633657033.jpg (2430x2430, 790.73K)

in terms of gameplay, it was a decent game. The story was really bland though

Nioh still isn't a "souls-like" and the term is retarded surface-level ignorance peddled by journalists that should have died the second it was coined.

>"Nioh isn't a souls-like"
>But when someone is discussing From Software's games Nioh fans come to the thread and claim that Nioh is the superior game and "completely mogs anything Fromshit does" even when said comparison makes no sense if they become to different genres

Why are Nioh fans such hypocrites?