What the fuck is this monstrosity?

Attached: images (5).jpg (500x500, 30.17K)

a few consoles released before your mother was born

>monstrosity
Its a marvel of engineering and electronics.

It's called...gaming kino...

>Model 2 CD attached to a Model 1 MD
Painful to look at.

Perfection...

this is zoomer repellent

lmao

Attached: 54675686789.png (744x544, 635.83K)

Sure, boomer...

Attached: images (4).jpg (401x326, 10.93K)

who mogged who here?

Smalltime

Attached: pcengine1009292200-1.jpg (3616x2200, 2.24M)

model 1 seda on a model 2 cd isn't as bad as a model 2 sega on a Model 1 cd. That's just unholy.

A motherfucking Sega Genesis model 1 with a Sega CD model 2 and Sega 32x attached to it, of course.
What did you think it was?

Attached: Smooth Genesis[sound=files.catbox.moe%2Fsr471i.m4a].gif (500x500, 245.53K)

SEGA SOUL

I wont get into the programming side of things, thats also a great work of art in itself.
The megacd extension and a CD player of such capabilities didnt exist when the original console was released. Creating the interface for it and loading games of it and running them was a feat of hardware design. The 32 bit extension that reads cartridges that didnt exist also when the 16 bit console was released as well.

Look at a CD player by Technics from that time period it wights 15Kg. The IBM pc standard 3.5 inch CD drive was also shit.

Based and history of technology pilled

Sega CD had some great games. No one had it so there were piles of clearance games for it at every store. 32X was a literal nogaems console but could be bought for like 30 bucks not long after it came out because it was such a horrendous flop.

disingenuous. SNES also has a shitload of accessories

Tempted to get a Mega Everdrive Pro, I didnt know it could play Sega CD games without the attachment until like two days ago...
but they're pricey as fuck

I remember playing Wing Commander and Heart of the Alien on my cousin's Sega CD. It was amazing. I wish I could remember the other game I played, it was open world with almost a Souls aesthetic. Scared the shit out of me as a kid.

A level of power that mankind was not ready for.

Absolutely baffles me how Sega is still operating to this day. Sonic games have got to be a front for an international gun-running scheme or something.