Is Zelda 1 the only game better off played with a guide?

Is Zelda 1 the only game better off played with a guide?

Attached: TLoZ_NES_NA_Box.png (735x1048, 1005.38K)

You really don't need a guide. Just use bombs on every wall, and burn every bush

Apparently this is unnecessary, and it's better to just grind nonstop for rupees by fighting enemies for hours.

I don't think Zelda really needs a guide, I beat it without one and it wasn't any more taxing that your average NES game.
Zelda 2 is obtuse as fuck tho, guide is 100% recommended imo

You would only need a guide for LoZ if you're going to 100% it AND you don't already know the obscure secrets via osmosis, you can easily beat the game with in game hints and not being retarded.

Attached: 1621857830799.jpg (400x280, 82.91K)

if you want to see more than 10% of the quests in majora just follow a guide

You literally cant since there are mistranslations in the offical NA version that make hints even more obtuse and blatantly incorrect even

There's exploits with Nintendo virtual console virson, and maybe the original nes version too with the gambling caves

How did you find all those dungeons hidden behind rocks, bushes, lakes and walls? These Zelda games on the NES were specifically designed to sell guides and Nintendo's gaming hotline you know, so stop lying about been able to beat the games without a guide because it's not possible.

Only the second quest which is admittedly pretty bullshit at times. The first quest (IE the main game) is no problem unless you're a zoomer or some other brand of retard.

Attached: modern zelda.png (513x352, 99.37K)

the only unintelligible translation is dodongo dislike smoke but unless you're sentinelese you already know they mean bombs.

any other games that capture the same magic as this one? link to the past is great and all but it's nowhere near as cryptic and adventurous

I've found bush dungeons when I was a kid trying to kill shit with the candle when I was a kid randomly. It's not that hard zoomer

If I could easily beat this game when I was 12 without a guide or the internet then you can too.

It's literally never been topped.

*sips*

When I was 8 the first time I played I named myself zelda thinking that was the heroes game...

Dark Souls 1 with no online features and no wiki browsing

Legend of zelda 2 is harder

>in game hints
literally no one ever successfully applied the knowledge from these "hints" to actually find a secret in the game, and im not being facetious

It was a time where you either had Nintendo power with the loz map and walkthrough in it, or you just walked around and did stuff until you figured shit out

You don't even need to bomb or burn anything, that's really just extras to find. Inside Labyrinths, bombable walls are marked.

I played LoZ on the NES when I was 6 and didn't use the guide. The manual and map was in pretty bad shape when my dad gave it to me, I just thought it was a precious and delicate artifact just to have and I didn't want to fuck it up any more than it was already.

Attached: IMG_1339.jpg (1610x612, 476.54K)

All you need to beat Ganon is the silver arrow really

AVGN is not a documentary.

Attached: 1648215528556.jpg (1125x987, 621.22K)

>Inside Labyrinths, bombable walls are marked.
youre thinking of a link to the past on the super nintendo. the original zelda did not have marked walls

My uncle gave me his Nintendo power for it, because the game came out the year I was born, and I didn't subscribe until the early 90s. I miss that shit. Best part of the week was getting your Nintendo power, and lego magazines in the mail