Are ultrawide monitors a good upgrade or a meme?

are ultrawide monitors a good upgrade or a meme?

Attached: Dell-P3421W-ultrawide-monitor-1-scaled.jpg (1920x1080, 396.89K)

Meme. Just go for a 43" 4k monitor like I did

Aggressively curved ultrawide monitors are a meme.

Meme. If you care about being able to see everything on screen without turning your head, go for a 16:9 monitor less than 25 inches diagonally.

as a 34" UW owner with like 2 games that officially support 21:9, fpbp, 2 minutes in to the game you dont even notice the UW

Is that your pic OP?

What are those green wireless earbuds

It's good if you build PCs or are in production.

Is it cool to play some games in ultrawide? Absolutely.
Is it worth the cost of one of these monitors? No. At least not when most games either don't offer significant benefits or require some sort of fan patch to add ultrawide support.

I wouldnt go back to 16:9 anymore ever.

Attached: 20220328012840_1.jpg (3440x1440, 870.13K)

The effect in games is really cool but not enough games support it natively, and modding games to work with it can be a huge pain. Also they're too expensive. Currently, it's not worth it. Also, if you get a large 4K monitor (40in or more) you can comfortably play games in windowed ultrawide resolution whenever it strikes your fancy

tried looking for a few monitor, turns out im SOL unless i want a fucking ultrasóy, VA or curved meme offering

Still a meme, don't bother

They're actually not that expensive anymore, you can get a decent high refresh 1440p UW monitor for 400 bucks now.

Attached: 20220421172017_1.jpg (4587x1920, 2.57M)

Ultra wide is only decent for work not for games. Curved was good for games but no one makes those anymore.

I love mine. I got a 34" 3440x1440 and I'm ery happy with it. I chose a less aggressive curve though and glad I did.

Sure if you sit like 10 feet away that can work
you do realize that you have to sit farther away the larger your screen is?

>i buy earbuds because... they le look good!

Attached: 1611475907756.png (800x600, 147.35K)

They're great but too expensive, for the same price you get a top tier OLED tv with a lot more features made for gaming than 99.9% of GAYming monitors
Not to mention, you can just play in ultrawide on that oled tv, like a do myself, despite also using an actual ultrawide which frankly is better for work and efficient shitposting than games.

Attached: 1634626596372.jpg (3440x1440, 2.83M)

>you can just play in ultrawide on that oled tv, like a do myself
lol enjoy your uneven wear and burn in

400 buck high refresh 1440p UW monitors will only get you a smeary and older type VA panel with no solid motion settings, flickery VRR and no BFI mode.

Nice meme, epic, someone will believe that's still a thing on recent oleds
Seethe and kneel.

It's a thing on all oleds because its inherent to the technology. Every individual pixel is its own light source and thats why every pixel wears overtime becoming less bright when active overtime. what do you think happens when you mostly use a certain part of the screen while leaving the rest off?