ITT: Games only contrarians on Any Forums will defend

>ITT: Games only contrarians on Any Forums will defend

Attached: 81OLPU-aAML._SL1500_ (1).jpg (1500x1289, 212.52K)

ITT: OP sucking all the BLACK AIDS dicks

Attached: my-image.png (1216x467, 250.16K)

I would put 1 in the S tier, spent so much time playing this at various points in my life its still a great game. 15 and 14 are both C, 3-4-5-6 are B and X-2 is F tier trash

8 is better than 9 by far: better characters, better music, better card game, actually funny and rich combat gameplay

There is nothing wrong with FFVIII.
The only bad thing people can say about it is the emo protagonist, which isn't even objectively bad, and the fact that it came out after VII.
>10/10 music, better than VII
>Graphics were amazing for its time and still hold up
>The story is not mindblowing, but at least a 8/10. The rivalry dynamic is still unmatched in any FF
>Triple Triad
>combat is shit like in every FF game

It's not as good as VI or VII but it's better than any that came after

it was good back then

still cant believe they followed up ff7 with this turd. i only played it for like an hour. all i remember is i was some college student in a university or something. i fought a virtual t-rex or something then i turned the game off.

I love VIII but IX is definitely better

I'm pretty much in most of the FF8 threads and 8 is always acknowledged for all its flaws and what it could've been. People like 8 because it has decent ideas and a Morrowind-tier retarded system where big damage go brrr, if you know what you're doing.

Music is better than any other entry and Triple Triad is the GOAT timewaster. Everything else, is admittedly flawed. Still, I thoroughly enjoy VIII even though it very clearly isn't the best entry.

it's been a couple years since i made that image so i might do it differently now but i stand by ffx-2 being a good game in spite of the cringe

I'd put bonafide sequels and spinoffs in their own category. I can't for the life of me look at XI and XIV as actual FF's as much as just MMO spinoffs. I'm still flabbergasted they chose XI as the name for their first MMO.

>10/10 music, better than VII
Agreed.
>Graphics were amazing for its time and still hold up
Agreed.
>The story is not mindblowing, but at least a 8/10. The rivalry dynamic is still unmatched in any FF
Disc 1 and 2 are 8/10s maybe. Disc 3 and 4 go off the rail so hard and not even in a so-bad-it's-good way like something like ZTD. The forced romance with Rinoa is so bad I wish they would've relegated the romance plot to Laguna only, or just dropped it completely.
>Triple Triad
Of course.
>combat is shit like in every FF game
It's beyond shit. It's one thing to disencentivize grinding, and a whole different thing to disincentivize participating in combat in the first place. I can enjoy it for the busted mess it is, but it feels like it was designed just to sell strategy guides with how much it rewards metagaming and how little it rewards actual skill and planning like the sphere grid from X. It feels like they implemented junctioning with 1 week before going gold and had no time at all to flesh it out.

This is probably one of the biggest issues with the game (and there are a lot), the way it starts is so deeply contrasted to prior FF's. Instead of getting a taste test of the gameplay and placing you into conflict, it starts out horrifically slow and full of tutorials. It takes around 30 mins to finally do battles and its in the overworld of all places (or getting instant killed by a trex by stumbling into the training section of the garden).

As a slut for FFVIII, a literal fanboy, Disc 3 is not very good, and Squall's obsession with Rinoa is too sudden, especially if you chose to send her to the missile base.

>It's one thing to disencentivize grinding
You don't even need to grind in other FF's unless you're doing the Superbosses. You can just keep marching forward in FFVII and be perfectly capable of downing bosses and enemies with ease.

DMC2

Its the weirdest feeling FF game. Feels dreamlike

mmos dont belong on this list

ranking X highly

Attached: brain.png (640x480, 499.99K)

No, I know that. I'm just saying that disincentivizing grinding is the only explanation that makes sense for why they'd scale enemies along with the player.
That's a good way of putting it, definitely how I felt about it.

As in it's so good you have to keep pinching yourself?

x is my favourite game of all time so yeah i had to put it there

why is your taste in 9ovvideo games so bad?

Attached: oof.jpg (595x449, 32.82K)

yeah it has a surreal nature in how weird the world setting is coupled with how little is explained along with what should be major plot twists, and then there's the whole swapping to Laguna thing.

I'm playing through it the very first time, going through all the FF games, and man what a weird game.
I'm on Disc 3 and like out of nowhere it's revealed that everyone grew up on the same orphanage and a future sorcerer that can already go back to the past needs someone else's magic to go even further back into the past for some reason
The junction system is a fucking mess what were they thinking, scaling enemy levels too makes it so that you don't ever want to fight, just transform the monsters into cards.
It's such a mess I can't even remember all the details. Like GFs making you lose your memory is brought up once at the dead start of the game and then never again. They never explained why that one radio tower in Dollet works and how junctioning actually works physically.

FF4 sucks too.

Attached: ePSXe_gw5nhAsnGM.png (806x628, 253.02K)

Rinoa in general is a terrible character because Square has no idea what they want her to be. She's supposed to be some weird genki-hybrid, but we already have Selphie and Selphie's autism is at least endearing. Rinoa comes off as a retard and everyone else has to act dumber (which is already an issue) when the plot justifies it.

Two scenes really annoy me about this game. The first is when she rightfully gets called out by Quistis for being a fucking retard who has no idea what she's doing. But then, Quistis mid fucking mission feels bad and goes all the way back to apologize to this airhead?!
The next, is when Robin Williams (another idiot) makes Squall in-charge of the whole school out of nowhere. Squall, doesn't bitch and takes over effortlessly. Squall opens up and even manages to rally the school behind him. It's one of the better growth moments because you could see that even though he was "all business" he truly does care about Balamb and the people that are in it. He even mentions Seifer leading Galbadia and how it sucks because he respected him.
Meanwhile, Rinoa thinks that this is the time to act like a retard again and does the whole stupid ring thing concluding with her dumbass falling off because she was somewhere she didn't need to be. The party turns dumb again and beg Squall to save her. Squall, trusting the party tells them to go save her. He even has unique dialogue showing that he's grown to trust them. They go back... do nothing. And then have the nerve to bitch at Squall for not saving her even though Squall has an entire school with literal children to worry about. It's so absurd because the game tries really hard to make him feel bad and you just wonder, "Why the fuck was this retard even there?" and "Why is my party so fucking useless and stupid that they can't save Riona?"

Rinoa is a fucking idiot.

best games of all time; ffx, dark souls, mario galaxy 1+2, oddworld 1+2, baldur's gate saga, ufo enemy unknown, nuhitman trilogy, tomb raider 1-3,

Attached: 1655988441762.jpg (780x585, 82K)