Squad worth the buy on sale?

Was thinking about picking up Squad for myself as I enjoy these kinds of shooters. I mostly play Hell Let Loose but the performance is trash despite meeting the hardware requirements and there's no communication or teamwork. Is Squad worth picking up or is it more of the same? Between the native gameplay and the galactic contention star wars mod, it looks like something I could sink hours into easily.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 127.46K)

no, absolutely not

maybe

Fuck no.
Squad is awful. Developers are absolute ass and incapable of making even the smallest sensible changes.
The community is absolute aids, full of redditors and whining faggots.

Why isn't it worth buying?
What do you mean its filled with redditors? Also I saw they just released an amphibious assault update, it didn't improve anything?

different user here, Squad is fine and a very enjoyable experience, but you need to be a little lucky when it comes to what team and squad you join.
the most populated servers has the longest queues for a reason, they're usually more focused on teamwork and in my experience everybody communicates much better. the other servers can be a little messy but it's still a good time imo.
there's also a lot of LARPers who never made it into the military, and they can get annoying but they're mostly just really funny to listen to. you've also got retards all around, but it's a multiplayer game so it's expected.
it's definitely worth it at a discount, as long as you don't mind long queue times or some braindead people.

the performance of hll is trash?
just wait til you try squad, it gets worse with every update and offworld won't acknowledge the performance issues or say that they'll do anything about them

16gigs of ram, a gtx 1070 8gig, and an i7-9700k and the game still gives a low frame rate even after adjusting settings.

I just think the slower pace plus the semi realism seems cool and enjoyable. The videos I've seen look awesome it just looks like overall fun.

I think the most retarded thing about squad is how fucking invincible vehicles are.

I ran a server for this for about a year.
Heres to sum it up
>everyone who plays this is either a faggy ledditor or a tryhard mutt
>99% of the people have no mic
>100% of the servers are ran by leddditors that tried to ban my server because I didn't ban for saying no no words
>retarded "balance"
>once again utterly abhorrent community cs:go/dota/LoL tier bad

Even if you hit tanks in the rear?

Oh shit you're that guy. kek. Some of them are still salty about it, at least they were before i stopped playing. When you back the game from that start and expect Project Reality but better graphics and we end up with the shit we now have, i could not keep playing it.

How bad are the try hards?

Very bad, I had to ban a "clan" (god that shit is pathetic) that would just refuse to talk in command because "they don't respect shit players" I'm just winding myself up thinking about this game again

Just play Project Reality, it's free and it has more features

I personally enjoy squad. I have a decent server I frequent where most are on mics but not super try hard fags.

Thats retarded. Players in these games are only shit because they dont know the full mechanics or aren't used to the style of play. If you'd play a game like battlefield all the time where cover and tactics aren't as important as in a game like this of course you'll be shit.

"Project Reality but with better graphics" is essentially what Operation Harsh Doorstop is trying to achieve. There are also a mod dev team working on Project Reality for BF3 but it's taking forever

Did you ever play the galactic contention mod?

operation harsh bluedrake is trying to be a mod platform not just a single game

>I mostly play Hell Let Loose but the performance is trash despite meeting the hardware requirements
Squad runs worse than HLL, you can also get a massive performance boost in HLL by forcing DX12 mode, you can actually force it in Squad as well but it breaks texture rendering really badly.

>and there's no communication or teamwork.
Both of these are much more important in Squad, this doesn't mean players always do it though.

> Is Squad worth picking up or is it more of the same?
Squad is slightly more hardcore, there is no frontline mechanic so you can build fobs anywhere and they will persist for the whole game until another team finds and destroys them, competent teams will set up attack fobs outside of all of all the enemy capture points at the start of the game and steamroll them if they win the fight for the middle point which leads to a lot of games feeling unsatisfying and like a waste of time, because of this and the massive map scale combat in squad is really messy and kind of directionless and incidental where HLL naturally funnels players into conflict and leads to the development of a front, if you were looking for a game like HLL but with modern weapons this isn't it, the tempo of combat is entirely different, I will typically get as many kills in just 10 minutes of HLL as I will in an entire game of Squad

There is also a much higher emphasis on logistics and some players will need to basically sit the whole game out and make continuous supply runs so there's enough supply to build emplacements and ammo to operate them, Squad members will also need to spend a lot of time building structures and fortifications, they don't just appear instantly on the map if there's enough supply for them like in HLL, this also contributes to combat being messy since there's less players fighting at a given time despite the player count being the same.

What server and do they ban no no words?

Blue drake is a fucking retard, he doesn't understand that people will keep playing squad, he needs to add shit that nether game has. Destructible buildings would be such an improvement along with proper penetration systems like with arma

Yeah it’s dead during the week but the server gets full on the weekends. Fun mod and always fun when a Capital ship strike gets called in. Most people in that mod are just fucking around yelling battlefront 2 lines

You need tandem warheads from a HAT kit to defeat MBT armour, LAT kits simply can't penetrate from any angles and can only really damage the tracks and achieve mobility kills.

You also need to be conscious of the arming range for the given launcher you're using, a lot of this invincible armour perception is simply due to the rocket not detonating at all.