Played Nier Automata

>played Nier Automata
>'cool, let's check out Nier now'
>it's the silliest and goofiest shit ever made

How come?

Attached: never pass.jpg (1280x720, 134.4K)

automata is post replica?

I had fun but if I meet the guy that gave the girl a penis in tripping that idiot

Automata is worse than Gestalt and Replicant

You are a coomer user with shit tastes

Attached: 1655303603324.jpg (640x480, 33.66K)

>2010

Attached: 1635080282680.png (1150x711, 1.03M)

they just wanted to make sure that nobody would be able to contest yonah's status as main heroine, and they ended up doing a good job.

Did you play the 9900 drakengard games before playing Nier?

Automata is the Reddit tourist game of this series that such a small amount of people even completed the first ending.

Attached: 1594856314488.jpg (500x369, 54.86K)

>nooooo youre actually the heckin bad guy and need to go through the same game 4 times except with different cutscenes
nah. I WISH i could stomp on more of those shadow realm looking yonah fuckers

What I hated the most was farming machine cores for upgrading the weapons in the machine/robot factory. That was worse than the flower quest and the in general back and forth quests.

I just played it with that sword you get when you finish the dream sequences

>Play Nier Gestalt, first half is alright, second half plays better since you finally can use lances and stuff, overall it's very solid
>Try demo of a tomato, it's P* snoozefest and it somehow look worse than Gestalt, like an upscaled PSP game
>Nier remake shit all over the original and copy the shitty P* gameplay
I'm going to pretend only the first one exist.

Both yonah and kaine become inhumanely beautiful, Yonah especially aftee timeskip

Yeah, it's pretty silly. And the litany of every single character trying to out-do each other's heroic sacrifice as the game/endings go along just gets funnier.

1.22's attempts to copy P* all fall flat, second half is just spent instakilling everything with charged light lance combos anyway.

Honestly, the Replicant remake is better than Automata in every way. I played it first and went onto Automata and it lost me as soon as it dropped me into the empty open world I had to walk across for twenty minutes to reach each individual objective. I wish games would return to the sort of open level format that games like Replicant/old Zelda games had, where it's still a "world" you can explore, but it doesn't take years to get to the good parts, and they felt densely packed.

It reminds me of how Metal Gear Ground Zeroes felt better to play than Phantom Pain because it took place in a really open but small and densely packed level, rather than giant empty places with repeating content strewn about.

Attached: armstrong's college years.jpg (510x523, 79.92K)

Nier Automata is shit too, what the fuck is your point?

She's valid, chud.

The remake is good but I prefer the father version of Nier rather than the brother.

There is literally nothing good about "open world" games as no dev actually uses it in a meaningful way.
Even if you manage to get across a real sense of scale (something I think Xenoblade Chronicles managed), it still feels like shit since 90% of the time you're just walking from one pretty but barren wasteland to the next.

I would argue that every single popular open world game in the last 20 years would be better off cutting at least half the map and just adding more actual content instead.

i prefer the old kaine

Agree, replicant was better

>1.22's attempts to copy P* all fall flat,
By being far better? Replicant is great, Automata is shit.

> charged light lance combos anyway.

>terrible setups for mobs
>Lances are weaker than Greatswords
>bosses are a mix of Lance/Magic
Retard.

Try playing the game sometime, sunshine, all that matters is chewing through armour. Pheonix Spear carries you through 15 Nightmares on Hard while you're sleeping.
And if you just want the best stats, it's a one handed sword that wins the day anyway.