Fuck Indie games man

Fuck Indie games man
I try to find a decent castlevania-esque game and its all
>WOAH SOULS LIKE BRUTAL DIFFICULTY
>ANIME AESTHETIC! KAWAIII
>SHITTY LOW EFFORT ARTSTYLES ARE GOOD...BECAUSE MY BULL LIKES DEAD CELLS
Fuck right off
Fuck Hollow Knight killed a whole genre didn't it?

Attached: artworks-fgXtbtg6O9sdjwMX-gt42eQ-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 31.46K)

Pretty much. But dont forget the fucking rogue-likes helped

>indie games are a genre

seethe and masturbate with a cactus

Rogue-likes should be considered a crime

But hey its likely only temporarily dead.
Remember how amnesia killed the horror genre briefly with low effort 'run away is the only option' walking simulators? The kind that were everywhere due to being shallow and piss easy to program ?
Theyre gone and actual games have taken their place on the indie scene.
Fads come and go OP

How long must I wait for another campy platformer with subweapons? Why doesn't Konami just release the damn sourcecode and let the fans go wild?

>Fuck Hollow Knight killed a whole genre didn't it?
How? The genre was already dead by that point. Name a fucking Metroidvania that came out even just 1 year prior to HK. Name just a Castlevania like platformer without any Metroid level design elements. We had a shitton of shitty roguelikes and roguelites, but the last Metroid and Castlevania likes were literally Metroid and Castlevania titles.

i feel you bro

Iga is still making games at least

There were those Bloodstained Castlevania knockoffs

Roguelikes do not deserve the blame for what roguelites have wrought.

what's wrong with hollow knight?

It's popular, so it's automatically bad and not liking it magically makes him not a fucking loser

IT'S 2 HARD !!!11

Considering every game in that style worth playing is made in japan, all of them will have an "anime aesthetic."

anybody that considers the base game hard is unironically retarded. It's the perfect difficulty. Then you have NKG and the pantheons if you are feeling brave.

Patrician tags - Metroidvania, Platformer

Zoomer chud tags - Souls-like, Roguelite, Roguelite, Roguevania

Both are shitty concepts to mask developer laziness.

Try Carrion. Hollow Knight is overhyped. It's ok.

Just make your own game. That's literally what the Doom team did when they thought games in their era were bad.

Nothing, it was just a mistake

The people who like it. I'm primed to shit on the game out of the gate just because you can't discuss anything without redditors telling you this grimdark indie piece of shit is so much better because it's "the dark souls of metroidvanias"

I feel guilty about this, but my gf bought me Hollow Knight for Christmas because I liked Metroid Dread and I still haven't touched it.

It's way way too long. Games in the genre are usually like 4-8 hours for a reason. Only a westoid dev could be so pretentious and narcissistic enough to make a 40+ hour long "metroidvania." It's a genre that's just fundamentaly Japanese that westerners should never be allowed to touch.

take ur meds

>its bad because of the fanbase
brainless behavior
why does it need to be short?