ANOTHER FUCKING NINTENDO DIRECT PARTNER SHOWCASE IN 2022

twitter.com/andyplaytonic/status/1540686026980614144
So if this is real, then we're gonna wait through multiple shadowdrops reveals of new Nintendo games and standalone directs dedicated to upcoming Nintendo games along with one more Nintendo Direct Partners Showcase, just like in 2020.

This is really bad, really really bad.

Attached: 1280x720[1].jpg (1280x720, 41.42K)

they will all run better on other systems lol its over

>It has been claimed
Fuck off already and wait another 4 days for the announcement. Tired of this fake shit by attention whores and """journalists""""

Spitballing and theorizing here, what if they're doing this because of a Switch Pro/2. That would justify showing off third party ports on hardware that could run portable games with decent parity with other platforms.
But if it's just a bunch of lazy cloud ports I'm gonna be pissed at Ninty.

I do feel like a switch revision or straight up succesor isn't far off but I don't think we'll see it here. They're really banking on pokemon carrying the year

Fair, Yea I guess so. I can see them doing that. They should be focusing on experiences only possible on Switch then, not third party ports. Unless it's third party exclusive, though I don't think the Switch has any of those outside of Mario Rabbids.

They realize doing these makes their partners hate them right

Why?

Don't they still have to show off Splatoon Bayo3 and that Rabbids game

People ignore them and subsequently the games in them, Nintendo fans don't buy indies unless they're on sale either

How does Nintendo seriously not even have a new full Mario game out since 2017? Wtf are they doing? I'm never buying one of their consoles at the start of their lifespan ever again

Attached: 1653167755332.jpg (1200x513, 137.25K)

I feel like Splatoon will get its own direct. The other two will be probably be showed off because they're running out of time to market them, providing they're still releasing in 2022.

The only 3D Nintendo console to get two mainline Mario games was the Wii.

One per console, even runaway success won't push for more

Why are people mad?
It's more games, chances are it's new stuff you might like despite another sequel or another entry.

I'm not mad and I agree with you.
But all I care about is seeing BotW 2 with a name reveal, I'm tired of the little teasers showing nothing

Any third party title not exclusive to Switch will run better on other consoles

Why does this generation feel likes it's lasting fucking forever? It's been only 5 years since the Switch released, but it feels like a decade. Maybe it's the shitty hardware

Attached: 1568405288801.png (900x1200, 1.31M)

And the pandemic.

Overwhelming success means lazy Nintendo focusing on evergreens and delaying things because they can

Samus Hunter is saying that the direct will have updates on already announced first party games. So it won't just be a partners direct as this leaker claims, but also said to not expect any new announcements.

I just want Sports Story

I want the Batman Arkham Collection on Switch already

They really memoryholed the fuck out of Super Mario Odyssey in general. The closest we've gotten to a new major Mario game since were the mediocre prebuilt levels in Super Mario Maker 2, and Bowser's Tech Demo in 3D World.

Nintendo doesn't want a Wii U or a PS5 situation
>Wii U launches, poor advertising, no one even knows it's a new console, no reason to get it when Xbone/PS4 launch shortly after, long stretches of no games, weak launch library(only first party title was NSMBU)
>PS5; people buying it but it just goes to sit in scalpers' closets, no games being sold because all the consoles are just being bought up by scalpers, long stretches of no games

Nintendo wants their Switch successor to have the same path to success as the Switch.
>absolutely godly launch year library(Switch launched with a new Zelda, then followed it up with Splatoon and Mario Kart, balanced it out with smaller big releases like ARMS, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, and rounded out the year with a new 3D Mario and Skyrim)
>supply is robust enough people can actually buy them and they just don't end up in the scalper abyss

So if we have to wait until supplies normalize across the world and Nintendo can make sure people can buy Switch 2s or whatever, then Nintendo is perfectly content to coast on the Switch which is still selling well by every metric.