Is remaking what's considered a masterpiece really a good idea...

Is remaking what's considered a masterpiece really a good idea? Feels like the odds are against them as even if it's good or even great there's a good chance it won't hold up to the original

I know the same could be said about the others but with re2 the gameplay and visuals were pretty dated whereas re4 still plays great today and honestly the visuals hold up too

Attached: re4-blog-1655211420011.jpg (1280x720, 130.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/64edSHN29PM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just nostalgiabait for mongoloids.

after r3make I'll be surprised if they even give us the first half of the game

It's needed when you need to replace the old and problematic product and sell the curated version. How new are you on this? You know in 10 years they are gonna do it again... right?

It's going to be a decent game in a vacuum but lack what made the original special.

>It's needed when you need to replace the old and problematic product and sell the curated version.
Pretty sure it's to make money user not some political bullshit, removing the "old and problematic" parts will just be so Twitter doesn't have a meltdown and some virgin site like Kotaku writes an article on it

It's almost like it's intended to be a reimagining of the original that is a completely separate game and not a 1:1 remake.
It'll be so different from the original that you could play it and the original back to back, just like with the other REmakes.

RE4 original is a horrible Resident Evil game.
The more you play it, the more ridiculous it gets.
Leon feels like a cookie cutter action hero with impossible superhero moves. The story and lines are so cheesy.
It's a really good shooter game though.

So what I am hoping Remake will fix is ground the characters and setting a little bit more. Make the Ganados scarier than looking like plain possessed humans and make Ashley less annoying.
I just hope they don't pull a RE3 Remake with it and start cutting substantial content.

Attached: leon_fff.jpg (614x627, 70.04K)

All they need to do is keep the game exactly like it is, EXCEPT that last Island part. That part sucks total fucking donkey dick.
If they want to deliver a product better than the original, remake that entire island part. It's all bad, but that part explicitly after fighting Krauser is just such dogshit.

That reminds me, I hope they keep the old version on Steam and rename it like "Resident Evil 4 Classic" or something. But doubt they will since it's gonna cause confusion.

I liked the Regenerators though. The game really needed more moments like that.

Attached: 745.jpg (1280x720, 93.34K)

>The story and lines are so cheesy.
>The more you play it, the more ridiculous it gets.
The cheese and ridiculousness is why we love it

I liked the Island part, definitely swaps from survival horror to just straight up shooter though with the exception of the regenerators

It's easier and cheaper on the production side than coming up with something new and it's easy to market and sell due to nostalgia factor. Personally I'm okay with it as long as the quality is there but I don't like the trend of Remakes replacing originals. Even if they don't outright remove them newfags tend to skip the original and long term it turns them irrelevant. For example I hate how now if you hear someone talk about RE2 they refer to the remake and refuse to play the PSX game.

There's no way in hell they delist the original. Hell, they might even make a bundle where you can buy both of them together since they'll be alternate realities.

I am just waiting for them to finish the Remakes and then what? They'll have to come up with new ideas.

That’s the whole point retard, it was never supposed to be some ultra realistic story telling game. It was made by japs for crying out loud

>For example I hate how now if you hear someone talk about RE2 they refer to the remake and refuse to play the PSX game.
I think it's almost like watching a movie based on a book, for me personally I'm way less likely to read the book after as I've already got the story

I hope they remove the red9, just so people can feel exactly like I did when RE3 didn't include the eagle.

I hope they do go back to new games, with RE7 I went into it expecting it to be a PT knockoff and thought I'd hate it but got surprised and ended up loving it, RE8 was a bit more forgettable but not a bad game

I don't think they are doing the alternate timeline crap. I feel it's what the Resident Evil 2 Remake started, a RE reboot basically.
The classic games never existed in their eyes. Hell, I feel they are gonna remake RE1 AGAIN at some point again to match the graphics of the other Remakes and just forget the PS1 version ever happened.

The collection thing though, I could see that happening. These games are slowly becoming "Retro" which makes them ideal for a quick buck in "Retro Collections" and shit.

>I feel they are gonna remake RE1 AGAIN
Genuinely surprised they haven't already, even though the game still looks good today and looked amazing at the time of release a lot of people are less likely to go back to it because of tank controls

Not playing it if they don’t get paul mercier back in it. If I have to listen to that faggy re2 remake voice all game I’m gonna lose my mind. At the very least get matt mercer.

Capcom has already stated that they rewrote the game to be serious. I'm convinced it'll be quite different from the original.

But video games have gameplay. Classic RE has barely anything in common with the remakes, only a few superficial elements connect them. It's like an entirely different experience that you are missing out on.

Imagine thinking this

It will, and while I am sad that it will lose it's weird charm and there will be no "Your right hand comes off?" lines, at least it'll be a horror game and solid RE game, pinpointing the sense of isolation and dread.

I don't think it was a masterpiece, so yes it's worth giving it a try
Especially when this "masterpiece" was never the game Mikami promised us
youtu.be/64edSHN29PM

Attached: 1630143284613.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

user, he just compared classic RE to books. You have no chance of getting him to play the original kino.

it worked for 2

True, I remember being a lot more terrified with classic RE titles when I was a kid and I think it was mainly to do with the tank controls, even when I was older RE Zero still spooked me a lot but the thing with younger people these days is you're not gonna convince them to go back and play a ps1 game with tank controls, you could maybe get them to go back and play Zero and REmake because the visuals still hold up

>still søying about Hookman
fffs just play Haunting Ground you dumb motherfucker.

Well the point I was trying to make is most people will feel they got the full experience and feel no need to go back to the original, also I did play through the original

No

So the Resident Evil fans that didn't like the direction OG RE4 went finaly get the horror game they always wanted...

And nu fans will be the ones to feel how it feels when something you love turns into something you didn't wish for?

Thank you Capcom

They'd have to actually remake the WHOLE game - not like REmake 3 - for me to appreciate it. Even if it's a butchered version then whatever, original re4 aint going anywhere.

I think you can still have spooky serious game and sprinkle in some fun moments, RE7 did that really well. I just hope they don't do anything stupid like introducing an invincible stalker enemy ala Mr.X and don't cut down on some of the more retarded and absurd sections RE4 had.

Pottery