Microsoft Is More Strict With Content Than Nintendo

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-06-24-xboxs-move-from-edgy-to-everyone-this-week-in-business

>The fact that Microsoft has denied Postal Redux for over a year now -- despite nobody paying attention to it and the game launching on competing platforms to roughly zero pushback -- further suggests to me that the game isn't being denied to bolster public perception of the Xbox brand.

>The simple explanation is that giving Postal Redux a platform would run counter to the values of the decision makers at Xbox. And those decision makers understand that welcoming everyone means paradoxically turning away those whose primary goal is alienation. Otherwise you end up like Steam, arguably the most welcoming games platform in terms of content and the least welcoming in terms of community.

>It's encouraging to see one of the major players in the console gaming space move away from the edgy aggressive Gamer tone to an inclusive Gaming for Everyone approach, but it's even more encouraging to see some evidence it's more than just a calculated brand strategy.

And That's A Good Thing!

Attached: xboxcensorship.png (1586x1645, 1.04M)

How do we fix steam sisters? they should not give problematic developers a platform.

thanks god xbox protects our community from offensive games and hateful people

A reminder

Attached: EqEev-lVEAAr0dY.jpg (1920x1080, 593.52K)

buh buh buh SNOYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: 1.jpg (700x745, 56.35K)

>and the least welcoming in terms of community
What fucking dipshit wrote this garbage?

>censoring fucking postal
>the game that was all about how we indulge in meaningless violence in vidya but puts it in the context of mass shootings to show how sociopathic indulging in those fantasies really are
what is this 1999 again? this is soccer mom tier shit!

Attached: 1654459969607.jpg (879x696, 516.18K)

Don't worry, Steam has also implemented a strict content policy.

Attached: dt 2.jpg (3625x712, 637.77K)

They chose the audience they wish to cater to. It is a demanding audience that will be difficult to appease by design. They live in a state of perpetual outrage and are unreliable at best.

I hope Microsft goes all in to please these loons.
A fun thing to do is to form a SHE shell company and solicit donations from mega corps. They can be generous to struggling start ups trying to find their way in a space dominated by patriarchy.
Thanks MS and Google for my vacation home in Maine.

Valve is a private company they dont answer to anyone. They dont give a fuck about ESG scores unlike publicly traded companies. Valve will do whatever they want.

>intentionally, unironically and quite literally owning anything Microsoft after this shit
you get what you fucking deserve

Attached: B12D43F8-109A-407A-A23A-E04889E11928.jpg (1024x768, 264.65K)

Gotta get that ESG score up at all cost

>Intentionally, unironically and quite literally owning anything Sony after this shit
you get what you fucking deserve

Attached: YLOD1_f70f92cd-c2b3-48e3-a436-c42bce177577.jpg (367x259, 17.91K)

The exact same journo wrote an article blasting Steam for not having a content policy years ago, he's probably responsible for Steam now being strict.

Attached: bs.png (2214x895, 186.48K)

there's a significant difference in percentage of units involved. many phat ps3s are still working to this day

I love corporation it helps me resist capitalism

>Microsoft knew before launch that failure rates were >60%
>the ‘yellow lod’ is in anyway comparable
holy fuck is this your brain on Snoy? I hope you own a passport for India

>inclusive gaming for everyone
I don't think they know what the words inclusive, or everyone even means.

>Console with higher failure rates has games
>Console can't faile at a high rate because nobody can play them since there are no games
Snoys are pathetic.

Based phil

hi Phil, just to let you know Starfield looks like shit and Sony bought Bungie, get cucked

so why did phil spencer make PSO2 an xbox/windows 10 exclusive where the game literally sells you cow titty accessories through gacha?

Attached: aeliobutt.jpg (1920x1080, 237.59K)

Maybe they just think Postal is a shitty game? Hotline Miami being on Xbox shows that they are OK with lots of tense gore.

dead shit game, literally nobody cares

>hating on Postal
gay.

>Microsoft bought literally every relevant developer on earth
>Somehow this means they lose
lol

snoy here, i bought a pc because i think starfield looks fucking amazing

They censored PSO2 actually.

>start FH5 ready to have some fun races in mexico
>"HEEEEY! DID YOU KNOWWWW! IT'S PRIDE MONTHHHH! WEAR YOUR RAINBOW HAT, TANKTOP AND SHORTS!!! IT'S RACING TIME! BE PROUDDDDD!!!!"
>mfw

Attached: 1656038574990.png (600x439, 486.23K)

>no pedophilia
>"strict content policy"
Absolute state of you

resetera wins again baby

wait, postal ISNT on xbox? the fuck

>company pivots to its Gamepass ‘Netflix of Vidya’
>by extension they must appeal to everyone
>get upset when they do

imagine seething over the Xbox, it doesnt exist its a glorified paperweight in homes with PC’s

Probably because someone found the word fag bag hidden deep in the files of postal 1 or 2. Xbox is straight up faggot teir pc sjw propoganda.

>start FH5 ready to have some fun races in mexico
>"HEEEEY! DID YOU KNOWWWW! IT'S PRIDE MONTHHHH! WEAR YOUR RAINBOW HAT, TANKTOP AND SHORTS!!! IT'S RACING TIME! BE PROUDDDDD!!!!"
>mfw I enjoy the races anyway

Attached: 1543951981598.png (225x266, 22.77K)

They'll be changing their tune next year.

Journos are shills at this point for their media masters. Nothing new here.
It's a case of foreign company isn't towing the gay agenda so they are being dragged down. Although it's Nintendo so good luck trying.

The physical game was sold at Walmart and Gamestop. How is Valve not being strict?

Attached: dt2walmart.jpg (2877x1629, 741.94K)

I only play untranslated loli h games so none of this affects me

>Microsoft bought literally every relevant developer
>Activision/Blizzard
>relevant
yep, gonna save this screenshot Phil

then why is this allowed on the xbox version

Attached: screenshot.jpg (581x728, 143.93K)

Only the first postal was good

>Xbox Arcade where a lot of indie shovelware gets shoved
wtf are you talking about, there has been way worse quality than that. besides you don't kill civvies in hotline miami in the main campaign, you can kill them in biker's tho i think but they don't say anything. the bad guys in postal are like normal people too for 90% of the game, compare this to Hotline Miami where its like Russian Mafia and I think cops for like two levels?

It's physically impossible to name a more relevant team than the one that makes Call of Duty

with Starfield getting delayed till next Fall and other Bethesda games not out for years, who actually owns an Xbox?? every bull that fucks my wife owns a Switch/PS5/PC, like why deviate from the holy trinity of gaming

my man, that is the first postal's remake.

>acceptance OR ELSE

what a fucking faggot

nah you are

>Call of Doody
you mean the title thats locked into the Playstation and will quite literally never leave? I mean yeah, good job Phil, I don’t mind buying Xbox games on my PS5, thanks sweaty

>this is totally not forcing people to become homosexual, I repeat, it's totally not, if you thought it, forget it...OR ELSE

>get free car in mexico2
>has pic related paintjob
>change it
>play normally
>close the game
>next day open the game
>its back

Attached: unknown.png (720x344, 483.04K)

Now that's a flag.

>+100 points have been added to your ESG rating

wait what, no way thats not real.

As someone who repairs and owns the original 3 phat model ps3s (A,B and E series) and has recapped and delidded them AND transplanted a increased fin model of the psu to all of them, shut the fuck up
there is a guaranteed 100% failure rate to every single one of them if you do no preventative maintenance which is a pain in the ass in the first place

It's not even about being strict, it's some valve tranny jannies with a vendetta.

It's not. You can just go on the internet and make up stories

they will change their tune when larry fink and george soros change their tune (so, in other words, never).

oh okay lol. Deceptioned lol.

To add on top of this, I GUARANTEE you any A/B/E series Phat cannot run gran turismo 6 or the last of us at all without the need to be recapped at this point if the capacitors haven't been replaced at all

What the fuck is the point of the rating board if you don't fucking use it

It's more than just Gal Gun

Attached: xboxdenials.jpg (5738x1704, 1.84M)

"""everyone""", except you and you and you and you and you and that nigga in the back