Why was this so much different from D2?

why the dramatic shift away from the gory, demonic look and feel from D2? I felt like I was fighting my way out of hell in D2 and D3 feels like a cartoon

Attached: Diablo_III_cover.png (255x354, 122.14K)

Blizzard wanted the wow audience.

they already have the wow audience

Attached: 1636683049541.jpg (10000x10000, 1.61M)

Because D2 was graphically disappointing. It was only dark because the engine they used was shit. Also, an empty fucking field and a generic desert for a zone is pretty sloppy.

The zones in Reaper of Souls were great, dark, atmospheric and packed with detail. Don't know what you're smoking, D3 looks fine.

At the end of the day they're ARPGs, and not worth playing beyond 50 hours.

because blizzard didnt make d2, blizzard north(company originally named condor that blizzard bought less than a year before the first diablo released) made it
D3 was made by a guy hired in 2006 who decided saying "fuck that loser" was the correct response in regards to the original diablo devs no finding d3 to be of quality

D3 Looked and played fine at launch.
Too bad about the Loot system being designed around getting people to "interact" with each other, meaning you really wanted/needed to use the AH system to actually get gear that you can use.
Whimsyshire was a great fuck you to the people crying about it not looking like a black, grey, and brown pixelated mess on a CRT.

Once Reaper of Souls came out and then the Necro pack, Diablo 3 was basically redeemed. Literally just go play D3 instead of Immortal or D4.

Attached: diablo3 cartoon.jpg (500x330, 56.15K)

the lighting

D3 looks like shit and youre the only one who could believe that fart idea

Diablo 3 was the superior game in every single regard, including visually.

>remember i have the necro expansion and reaper of souls
>start it up
>enter first area
>look at my skills
>everything I have deals 500% damage on level 1 somehow
>close the game

If you truly think only that user believes that D3 looked good, don't ask around about it. Might get disappointed with humanity.

>doesn't understand math
>quits game

???

>skill does 500% of weapon damage
>weapon damage is 5
>skill does 25 damage

there you go

this

when does Diablo 3 go on sale? It's been 10 years, come on I'm not paying more than 5 bucks for this trash

you are legitimately retarded

Because d3 was designed to be a console game

There's a lot of bias towards this. Usually people who are dumb tend to be very bias about every single thing they hold an opinion on. When I played 3 I still saw a bunch of gore.

I dont think its ever been for sale for lower than $30
You could probably emulate the switch version with ryujinx if you didnt want to pay but then no MKB

There is gore and there are demons in DIablo 3. Diablo 2 is a pixelated fake 3D garbage you are looking at through nostalgia goggles. D3 has more visual clarity.

so how does it work then if not how i posted