The Neo Geo (And SNK in general) wasn't very influential

The Neo Geo (And SNK in general) wasn't very influential.

Attached: 1656130327894.png (1334x750, 663.3K)

Scott's silence is deafening. He needs to make a statement. Now.

>reddit humor

nigga has never played a neo geo game in his life so why does he have an opinion them

I think most people dont understand how cool it was to play the exact same games from the arcade in your home. It was pretty dang neat, even if they cost an arm and a leg.

Most gamers wouldn't be able to name a single SNK game. If they can, it would only be Metal Slug. I don't know who the guy in OP's image is, but he's right.

Somebody post the Loli edit

I played Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Attached: scott_the_pozzed.jpg (1536x2048, 902.91K)

who is this child ?

Why do zoomers hate obscure things so much?

They even invented boss fights. What is this fag talking about.

It's Tom Holland, actor of Spider-Man in the new Marvel movies.

>People accuse him of always fence sitting
>States an opinion as a one off joke
>Triggers retards

I'm drinking based

I still don't understand this child's relation to The Woz

Attached: index.jpg (1600x1066, 245.95K)

>I-IS THAT SOMETHING OF SIGNIFICANCE THAT FELL OFF HARD BEFORE I WAS BORN
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE ME RECOGNIZE THE HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF SOMETHING I WASN'T AROUND FOR! THAT WOULD REQUIRE OBJECT PERMANENCE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>IT CAN ONLY BE SIGNIFICANT IF MAJOR CORPORATIONS ARE DRAGGING OUT THE FRANCHISE CORPSE EVERY FEW YEARS TO TRY AND APPEAL TO ME!
Gotta love Zoomer shitstains who play nothing but Fortnite on console, open world games, Souls titles, and Super Smash Brothers claiming Neo Geo and Rare had no impact. Rare is responsible for the popularization of the console shooter via Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Banjo-Kazooie lead to the rise of open world games. Banjo-Tooie was the first game to translate Metroidvania design into 3D which would lay the groundwork for the Prime and Souls series. And Sakurai directly credits his experience playing SNK fighting games at the arcade with inspiring Super Smash Brothers creation.

Attached: zoom.png (403x327, 36.39K)

samurai shodown

SCOTT!
>i love scott

If SNK were significant, zoomers would have heard of it. Zoomers know what Atari is and they were out of the game for much longer.

Zoomer knows what Atari is for the same reason my ass knows what Atari is: They push atari logo merch in all nerd spaces to this day, and the crash/ET carts.

Sounds like SNK wasn't significant enough to get merch to this day.

>IT CAN ONLY BE SIGNIFICANT IF MAJOR CORPORATIONS ARE DRAGGING OUT THE FRANCHISE CORPSE EVERY FEW YEARS TO TRY AND APPEAL TO ME!
Life imitates meme

Attached: 1654808783211.png (468x581, 88.06K)

If nobody cares about it then it's insignificant, sweaty

Castlevania 64 was literally released a year before Banjo-Tooei. And wow, somehow none of SNK fighting game design elements circa-Neo-Geo made it into Smash. What an influential developer.

>Corporate shilling is directly correlated to peoples interest
Good goy.

So Scott is against women's right? Okay good to know

yes user, they make all that plastic junk just to "shill" for atari. lmao

Castlevania 64 was a completely unsuccessful attempt at translating Metroidvania design to 3D. Go compare and contrast Castlevania 64 and Tooie to Prime and Dark Souls 1, see who has the most similarities.

SNK is still directly responsible for one of the most influential and massive gaming franchises on earth. Keep huffing the copium.

The truth about neogeo is there were like 8 games worth playing and 80 other filler games.