Ass Defect Thread

1 > 3 > 2

Attached: wallpaper.jpg (3840x2160, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IitCQCaKi3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2>3>1

Biggest criticism of 1 is the side quests. I can easily finish all side stuff in the latter two games contently but 1 has too many and a number of the quests are too tedious.

Based and true

>gameplay
3>2>1

>overall story
1>3>2

>character stories
2>3>1

>side content
2>3>1

>DLC
3>>>>1

>shepard
male >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> female

>overall companions ranking
wrex >>>>>>>> grunt >>>>>> the insect cancer man >>>>> Tali >>>>>> the rest >>>>>>>> ashley >>>>>>>>> liara

How is the legendary edition? Did it fix any major issues or is it just a graphical upgrade that was already available with mods?

Imagine thinking ME3 is better than ME2.
I can even stomach ME1 fags, that think ME1 is the best, while it's actually, the bane of ME's existence.

Can we stop making threads about this.

yep

2>1>3

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (672x712, 136.28K)

This right here is the correct and based take.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 3UCqmEsqu9BM2SL93BkueW.jpg (2048x1118, 359.91K)

In the sense that it blocked the entire franchise ... yeah?

Correct

I never finished it even though I liked the dash mechanic a lot. I even found a mod that let you use it unlimitedly, basically allowing you to fly anywhere.
Autistic fem ryder is pretty qt

Attached: Ass Effect 2.jpg (500x718, 107.48K)

>3s DLC
>good

It was just fluff and the shitty kind no less.

They're all garbage. They epitomize that era of gaming, when almost every game neglected gameplay for story, while still having dogshit writing anyway. Literally no redeeming qualities.

It's amazing how that game did more damage to the brand than 3's ending.

Better than any of 1 or 2's DLCs. Shadow Broker is the only decent one from those.

God 1 was perfect
youtube.com/watch?v=IitCQCaKi3E

Shame they ruined all the sci fi kino to make it into capeshit for 2 and 3

The thing Bioware had a talent for was character writing and art design but couldn't make a good story or lore to save their life. As such they got strong followings of fan fiction lovers that ate their shit up. Unfortunately they got to cocky come #3 and forgot that those type of players want a happy ever after ending so they alienated their own base. As much as Dragon Age 2 was shat on the fact it left the fact of your character more up to you the player spared it the slow death it has been suffering. I'd go as far as to say they could make a legendary edition of the first two Dragon Ages and it would generate better receptions and responses than Mass Effect version has.

Attached: 1355655219189.png (954x888, 408.84K)

It's just a byproduct of ME3's ending.
Like Rise of Skywalker is the byproduct of Last Jedi.
You can only do so much, with what you're given.
Couple that up with the incompetence of the staff, and you've got a recipe for failure.

>side content
>2

Attached: Planet Grind.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

2>1>>>> eating dog shit >>>> 3

ME3's ending was disappointing but you still feel there is passion and energy behind the attempt. Andromeda just feels like it's not even worth getting angry at since it's so unengaging and milquetoast, and somehow that's worse. I have more respect for something that interests me but fails, than something that can't even grab my attention at all.

Guns and skills in 3 were way more interesting to play around with than anything in 1 or 2. Multiplayer was fun too.

The Citadel DLC looked like something Volition would do
I even have my doubts they werent hired for all that evil clone crap

>Side content in 1 is just driving around an empty map
>Side content in 2 is just left clicking on a planet while holding right click
>Side content in 3 is just flying around a star system occasionally pressing right click, and hearing that god awful Reaper noise

Origins, maybe.
2, never.
Either way, because it's made in the Aurora engine, they can't do much on it.
Bioware staff have repeatedly said that, while those two could use a remaster the most, they are the least likely to get it, because there's really not much that can be done to them, in engine.
They'd need a remake.
But they don't have the budget for it.
So you're never getting anything.
Unless EA decides to give them the Dead Space treatment.
In which case, Bioware would have to be dead, as a studio.
Which might not be too far off.

>ME3's ending was disappointing but you still feel there is passion and energy behind the attempt
No, I don't.
I feel like it was a rushed job, that was sold to me for $60, that wasn't worth $20.

>It's just a byproduct of ME3's ending.
It's a byproduct of bad developers afraid of taking risks so much so they jumped galaxies to then still repeat the sins of the father.

agreed. 3 has good gameplay to support it. 2 had neither.
2 on it's own would be perfect for people who don't care about the trilogy

People keep saying that.
If all ME is to you, is pew pew, you're in this franchise for all the wrong reasons, and I want you out.

>Which might not be too far off.
They are just a brand only, not a studio
The new director for Dragon Age is not only a tranny but a ex dev from the Sims team that was never part of Bioware. They are dead through and through

Imagine thinking ME2 is anything more than a waste of time that derrailed the entire trilogy

user, even normies dislike DA2. Origins is praised, and Inquisition is the kind of "meh" people tolerate. You never hear anyone talk about Dragon Age 2

Attached: 1452710773891.png (912x524, 34.52K)

That's a problem with the Edmonton staff saying "there is no canon ending" and forbidding Montreal from touching it. So Andromeda is still a byproduct of ME3.
That they botched Andromeda is logical, because they had nothing to work with, with limited liberties. They would have been better off making Andromeda an entirely different franchise.

I played 1 and 2, and am currently playing Andromeda, so I guess I should get around to playing 3 at some point.
It was years and a whole other PC ago that I finished 2 though, so I'm not sure either me or my game will remember what was going on.

The empty maps were ludo though

Attached: SOVL.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

2 is perfect for people who care about the setting.
It is the best period to have an adventure, in the franchise.

>that derrailed the entire trilogy
But user, the reapers came from 1

Thats bullshit
Andromeda could had worked with a competent team of devs and a decent story, but it had neither

>Imagine thinking ME2 is anything more than a waste of time that derrailed the entire trilogy
The trilogy was a mistake.
The Reaper War was a mistake.
ME2 is the only game that does the franchise some justice.

>That's a problem with the Edmonton staff saying "there is no canon ending"
Well there you go, we basically agree. There totally was a way to continue the franchise after the Reaper War, the actual people behind the game were just too retarded to go for it

And they could've not wasted the entire middle chapter of the trilogy so they were actually set up.

>2 fucks it all up so I'm just gonna say it's the only good one and the other two, the ones that try, are in the wrong
You're basically saying The Force Awakens was good because "at least it was a safe New Hope remake"

>And they could've not wasted the entire middle chapter of the trilogy so they were actually set up.
More like they should have realized that the reapers were a shit enemy and just be done with them after the first game

the premise of an inevitable extinction is what made mass effect special. without it it's a generic third person shooter with waifus. aka mass effect 2

It would never stand, compared to the ME trilogy.
The trilogy is an anomaly in gaming.
Few games reach its highs.
Even in a singular level.
Andromeda had enough content to match the entire trilogy and didn't reach it once.
Had it been a different franchise, people would have been more lenient with it, and treat it like the 7/10 game that it is.
As a Mass Effect, it makes clear that, what we gave up with ME3, was never going to be worth the trade-off.

>the premise of an inevitable extinction is what made mass effect special.
No it isn't.
The Reapers are shit because they are so incredibly powerful they require a "press to win" button ending

More like once they were commited in 2007 to making a connected trilogy, they shouldn't have jerked themselves off in a corner with one of the three games.
Look user, we're not gonna agree. But you're reaching if you think throwing all the buildup from the first game out the window and creating none for the third and last one was a sound idea, regardless of whether you like the final product or not

>You're basically saying The Force Awakens was good because "at least it was a safe New Hope remake"
No, that's not what I'm saying.
ME2 ditches any attempt to make a sequel, to a futile effort, and fucks off, to do its own thing.
And does it better than anything related to the Reapers would.

Agreed. And... since we're throwing truth bombs: The female version of Commander Shepard is non canon.

Actually correct opinions. LE is shit, just new textures, a ton of bloom and cutting ass shots.

>But you're reaching if you think throwing all the buildup from the first game out the window and creating none for the third and last one was a sound idea
Yeah, they should have stuck with 2 and actually focused on expanding the universe instead of just going back to the boring Reaper shit