Please stop being mean to Sonic Origins

Please stop being mean to Sonic Origins.

Attached: 1656133689736.png (1192x784, 114.08K)

I get what he's trying to say, but Ian, those cool animations are pretty much strapped to a collection of games that should have been easy to port/remake/whatever, and Sega still fumbled the ball.
Also, no playable Amy.

Attached: 9ce42f51fcc2_emigh.png (2446x2875, 1.15M)

OP either made this tweet up or he already deleted it after realizing how stupid it was.

Quick rundown? How did Sega fuck up the ports this time?

Kill all Archieniggers

A thousand small problems.

>game is not integer scaled, so pixels are stretched and blurry
>music mixing is entirely fucked up and some songs are muffled
>new bugs in every game, including save file deletion mid-game
>New versions of Prototype S3K songs are WORSE than originals.
>Promised extras are disappointing.
And much more.

The animations aren't bad, but they're pretty bland and generic.
Still, Sonic's design in them is much better than Mania.
While Mania Sonic was a nice design, I never liked how straight his spines were in some shots or that weird little fourth spine.

Attached: f04492110bab52d384c626a6620dd940.jpg (540x300, 37.09K)

Hey, Flynn....

STOP SHITTING UP ALL THE DARK HORSE VIDEO-GAME ENCYCLOPEDIAS, YOUR NAME'S IN ALL THE WIKI-PLAGIARISING ONES, WE FUCKING KNOW IT'S YOU, KNOCK IT OFF YOU LEECH AND STICK TO STORYTELLING.

thnx

Attached: mariozeldaandsonicohmy.png (842x238, 35.13K)

>There's a light smudge effect you can't turn off even with AA off
>Boss rush is broken, rings given at random, can't carry between bosses & can circumvent lives by booting to menu
>Audio balance is all over the places+Tails AI is borked
>Weird collision/physics bugs all over the place, even S3K
>DLC is awful, music is mislabeled, majority of art is available in other collections *in higher quality*, Coin system is worthless but mandatory, mission mode sucks
>Can't turn Spin Dash off
1+2
>Drop Dash is broken
>Proto Palace code gives a jingle like it does something but level itself was deleted
CD
>Game defaults to US OST, you have to start new game and scroll through the title screen's unintuitive text menu so you're fucked if you went straight to story, mission or boss rush
>Menu itself was restructured with dash toggle being sole "extras"
>All voice clips are gone because classic era is retroactively completely mute
>Intro lazily run through an AI-upscale filter
>End cutscene carelessly based on turbo-speed version without Mega-CD/2011 SFX
>2011 JP music loops are missing and tracks jarringly repeat
>Seems to be based on the console version with less qol patches than mobile
S3&K
>S3 zone layouts are nerfed Lock-On versions, no toggle
>Knuckles' intro has him start in Mushroom Hill like S&K-alone then he's suddenly in Angel Island Zone
>Special Stage music doesn't speed up like in original or even Mania
>Game takes control away from you and sends you to center screen for some boss entry animations.
>Launch Base boss platform now has you "float" if you veer off arena sides instead of acting as screen boundary like normal
>Unused Eggman flying away animation is used to make it seem like he retreated to Death Egg, which was deleted for a reason (he's down in Mushroom Hill like you!)
>Death Egg mech no longer telegraphs fingers
>No S3 or S&K option

Attached: 1484274410934.jpg (629x505, 33.47K)

I saw the option to disable the Spin Dash in 1's level select menu though

>you have to start a new game
>fucked if you went straight to story
you know you could just enter the anniversary mode main menu and change it, right? you can go back to story mode and the OST you picked will stay

That's another issue to be added though, options being stuck to level select is dumb.
The extra S3 shield options in 1/2 (which was an amazing feature of the mobile ports) are hidden away there too.

That only means Sega overlooked it when porting the game from mobile. The option shoudn't -be- part of a hidden cheat code.
Again still something that should be more obvious instead of tucked away. Whoever designed the menus from the original remasters made them worse, like limiting visible settings was a goal.

No, it's not good and I don't want to support it. Why would I be nice to devs who can't even port a 30 year old sonic game properly?

Fair enough I suppose. I just don't think that makes it bad or flawed, it just could be better. That's basically the whole collection for me, it's good but it could be better, especially if they just made the menus themselves and handed the porting job for all the games to Headcannon

Why can't SEGA make good Sonic games anymore?

Oh hey it's becoming a pasta (with mild tweaks), nice.
>Game takes control away from you_and sends you to center screen_for some boss entry animations.
Well as someone mentioned in the original thread, the Marble Garden Act 2 boss (and to a lesser extent Knuckles' Mecha Sonic) doesn't exactly work like that - instead, the game freezes you wben Eggman's drill hits the ground, so if you're in the middle of getting hits in like all the cool kids did back in the day, you'll be cheaply done in. Supposedly this is to stop the player from cheesing the actual fight too much, but the point was raised that it was most likely intentional in the first places since the devs were probably aware of how different the gameplay is from other bosses.
All this time and I still can't believe the Mario Wiki is the only one that took responsibility for citogenesis.

Attached: ccdb22756fd077e557992763547c6dbd.gif (500x311, 299.02K)

What a bullshit thought. Everyone likes Origins animation videos, but hey could have been YouTube shorts or whatever. No reason to buy a lazy product just for them.

you guys know these games came out like 30 years ago and those versions are still perfectly playable

why do people keep letting companies re-release shit

they talk like pokémon shills

>NOOOO DONT BE MEAN TO THE HECKIN PUBLISHERS!!!! THE GAMES THEY DEVELOP AND PUBLISH ARE GIFTS TO THE GAMERS AND YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR THAT, EVEN IF THE PRODUCT IS BUGGY AS SHIT

What the fuck is wrong with zoomers

To be fair, the versions featured in Sonic Origins were supposed to be the definitive versions of the classic trilogy that were previously stuck on the iOS. So there was SOME reason to buy this collection, but SEGA fucked it because that's just what they do.

Why do writers and journos literally fucking live on twitter? They are the biggest cancer in society today. Talentless and worthless.

>Zoomer
Ian is probably in his 30's and 40's judging from his profile pic.

Attached: what.webm (720x405, 2.92M)