Why does the Yoshi series have so many bad games? It peaked with Island and went downhill fast

Why does the Yoshi series have so many bad games? It peaked with Island and went downhill fast

Attached: 25A68328-B6EF-4609-AAD9-F0BEBBD76EE3.png (1280x720, 1.54M)

I liked Yoshi's Story

Because the people in charge at Nintendo decided yoshi should be their "retarded pre-schooler" games, and those games are meant to be low effort, low content and low difficulty because pre-schoolers don't know better.

Hopefully that stops now that retarded pre-schooelrs have iphones.

Arzest is the prodigal son that keeps coming back yet continues to make a mess

Umm Yoshi's Safari was great you braindead faggot

Yoshi's Island was made by the Mario team, the rest were outsourced.

wooly world is a good game
don't know about crafted

Exactly what should a Yoshi game be though? Are we supposed to be wanting these games to be the most hardcore brutal platformers alive or something?

>Are we supposed to be wanting these games to be the most hardcore brutal platformers alive or something?
Unironically yes. Yoshi's Island had more difficult platforming than Mario and Donkey Kong. And Yoshi's Story had much meaner collectathon secrets than Donkey Kong and Mario. They might as well have just continued to build off of that.

Was Yoshi's Island really that much more complex? I don't remember that at all. I remember having a relatively easy time with that game. Its a great game but I wouldn't call it a hardcore platformer at all. Something like Super Meat Boy or I want to be the guy would be.

no kidding

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-25 070120.png (904x514, 44.33K)

>I want to be the guy
lol

Yoshi's Island was not harder than DKC, stop lying.

>Something like Super Meat Boy or I want to be the guy would be.
I won't act like the games are easy because that wouldn't really be accurate. But I will however claim that most of their difficulty is deceptive.
Even if you fail 200 times on a level, if it just took 20 minutes to complete then was it really "that" difficult?

>Bad character
>Bad series
Makes sense

Cuphead then or Celeste. Whatever you want. Hoping my point was understood here. I wouldn't call Yoshi's Island a hardcore platformer not even close. Sonic games were also more difficult.

Celeste is a better example, Cuphead is not. It's got platforming in it, sure, but that's not the main challenge of the game. The platforming stages are all very easy.

>3DS Streetpass Mii Plaza
The one good thing they made

Attached: snakeacceleratedaging.gif (498x280, 3.57M)

Dude same. It’s my all time “fuck you I liked it” game.

If time is going to be your argument then no NES game is a truly as difficult as say 100% Skyrim since Skyrim will take you a long time to do that where no NES game takes that long even after several retries.

>Balan

Attached: 1645443757325.jpg (1440x2010, 364.29K)