Just started playing this ludokino

>is a JRPG
>still somehow actually fun to play
>anime highschool story
>still somehow actually interesting
>one track that plays on loop for half the game
>somehow so good that you don’t get tired of it

How did they pull this off? I haven’t stopped listening to beneath the mask since I started playing this game last night

Attached: 121D3D83-25B3-4A8D-94D2-7388849ADCF4.jpg (554x554, 54.18K)

babbys first persona

I’ve always avoided JRPGs because most of them are bad but I’ll play the other personas now because I’m enjoying this one a lot

Wish there were more dating simulators like this. Honestly, besides Persona and Tokimeki Memorial, there’s not a lot out there. It kind of sucks

didn't ask faggot

Which tokimeki memorial games are you talking about?

I’m still in the first arc where you help the blonde kid take down the volleyball coach, didn’t know there was dating sim shit
Can I romance the teacher?

Basically every girl is romanceable besides the lawyer chick and that depressed girl in the first arc that gets raped by the gym teacher

Yes. But the the so-called dating sim shit is very minor part of the game, it just affects a couple of ending cutscenes.

Also yeah P5 is a fucking great JRPG, one of the games that broke Any Forums.

You playing P5 or P5R?

Kino. Can’t wait for this woman to groom me

P5, should I’ve gone for Royale? I had the original from years ago but never installed it until now

Attached: F06C82BC-A03D-4504-A005-71E8BFF002B0.jpg (739x415, 24.27K)

The original is better. Royal works better as a NG+

P5's fine, but you might wanna check out P5R in the future if you ever wanna replay it and aren't forever burnt-out by the time you finish it.

Don't fall for the meme. P3 and P4 are worse in almost every aspect. I'm a MegaTen fan and I think P5 is the only good social link game in the series. Faggots will try to gatekeep you but don't listen to them, they are trolling.

>doesn't like JRPGs but likes Persona
Many such cases. What draws you people to this game? Is it the wish fulfillment dating shit? The artstyle? Be honest, it's because of Smash, isn't it?

>>is a JRPG
>>still somehow actually fun to play
You mean to watch? it has 3 hours of gameplay in between of 12 hours of visual novel cutscenes.

Not OP, but the reason is pretty simple. It's actually fun. And engaging. Unlike most JRPGs.

>t. Didn't play the game
Many such cases.

I concur. Just watch the animes if you really, genuinely need to know the story.

>Can’t wait for this woman to groom me
It's actually the other way around if anything.

You haven't played many JRPGs if you think P5's gameplay is exceptional in any way. Maybe the flashy animations were enough to keep your ADHD brain engaged.

P5 is the best game but P3 and P4 are both great video games as well and worth checking out.

And what's the point of that? The story is mediocre. The whole point of Persona is pretending to be a Japanese teenager with a successful social life, escaping the reality of being a fat brown incel.

If you wait a few months, P5R will hit PC, which will undoubtedly be the definitive version of the game. The underwhelming difficulty won't even be an issue anymore with mods.

he's right, playing through new game+ is a slog.
first 2 hours of the game is just words words words an cutscenes.

Why didn't atlus niggers make a skip story button

It's a press turn game so it's automatically better than 90% of JRPGs. The demon fusion and social links acting as the upgrades to various dungeon crawling and field skills is also really well done.

I think the art and the music is the main thing I’m enjoying about it, and for some reason the turn based combat just seems to work in this in a way it doesn’t in other games, couldn’t really explain why that is though

>Yada Yada
I've played more games in my lifetime than you ever have, zoomer. Kiss my ass and go beat Satan in DDS 2 before you talk to me again, bitch.

All Persona NG+ are a slog, except for Strikers. Strikers is the only game in the series that actually scales enemies to level cap in that mode.

Strikers brutal mode was incredibly fun. Going into it with my optional super boss stomping set up and getting one shot by a Pyro Jack was an experience.

P3 is pretty rough but I think P4 is perfectly playable and enjoyable, or else the Steam port wouldn't have gotten so popular.
>fast animations and UI that get to the point
>highly customizable monster collecting and upgrading
>lots of depth without ever coming off as overwhelming or convoluted
>elemental weakness system made more rewarding and engaging from one-mores and enemies all having unique weaknesses (general SMT thing, I know)
>social link portion allows you to take a break from the grind while still directly progressing and planning things out for the future, also, the way it's all spliced up into short days has you constantly going "ehhh, maybe just one more..." when you're about to quit
>heals aren't free so you have HP/SP management to think of while you're fighting
>calendar system encourages you to do as much dungeon crawling as you can in one go
no one cares

Probably my only real complaint about the calendar thing is after the first dungeon, blowing through the rest of the dungeons in a single day(barring points where your forced to stop) is trivial.