Is Grim Dawn good or should I play Diablo 2? my internet is garbage so PoE is out of the question for the next 2 months

Is Grim Dawn good or should I play Diablo 2? my internet is garbage so PoE is out of the question for the next 2 months

Attached: 1639378608857.jpg (1280x720, 128.45K)

You'll get bored of it quickl-
>Plays poe

Ok buy it, you'll love how shit it is. Just buy dragons dogma you fucking cuck

I already played Dragons Dogma, I havent played PoE or diablo 2 yet

What the fuck does Dragon's Dogma have to do with Diablo/PoE/Grim Dawn? Are you on fucking crack?

The gameplay and class system is super good but some of the acts, namely 2&3 are such a slog to play

It's literally autoattack/passives - the game, theres no other way to play.

Horseshit

Dumbest take in this thread.

more like procs: the game

Stay mad poecuck. Shouldn't you be doing maps, or is poe in one of its 2-month dead phases?

And that's a good thing

Thats literally passives you retard.

bound abilities are passives?

This. Itemization is neat but builds/skills are boring as fuck.

still less boring than Diablo 2

Diablo 2 was great for its time and still is more interesting than gd.

hardest part is finding a class combination that you actually find fun, for me, its vitality/bleed shaman/necromancer

Attached: 1643922288770.jpg (1199x848, 144.26K)

i know what you want and i dont think ARPGs are for you. you want dodge rolls, timed parries, stamina system and epic boss fights with climbable monsters. Just buy dragons dogma you fucking cuck

GD is good. Making builds is extremely fun, vastly superior to D2 or PoE imo. I'm not sure what people are talking about, because most of my endgame characters use 6+ skills every fight, and they would be much less efficient without them. There are however some good builds that use only 2-3 skills. The combat isn't going to blow your mind. It's an ARPG. It's about on the level of PoE, combat wise. D2 is also good, of course. The endgame progression isn't nearly as deep as PoE but there is still a lot of stuff to do.

Attached: 1626262975490.png (1920x1080, 3.13M)

I used to think the combat sucks too, but combat is not just the animations and ragdolls. The satisfying part is dispatching an entire screen of enemies quickly with an OP build (that you stole from a guide). Playing as a Conjurer currently and just cursing enemies, microing my pets and watching them one shot everything feels fun for now.

have around 200 hours now and doing a hardcore character all of them feels boring except ranges double pistol for me (have 3 of them)
the worst part of the game is the difficulty level , normal (veteran) is easy as fuck , start game in elite mode it's how it is supposed to be played , so try to use GDstadh to edit your starting diff
playing through normal mode just to unlock the next is a slog even playing all the way in elite to ultimate is a fucking slog
I wish it were like torchlight were you can start game in any difficulty.
the lore of this game is TOP TIER

Attached: screenshot19.jpg (1920x1080, 1.86M)

I really wish the best way to play wasn't just proccing effects and watching a bunch of things happen passively.

its so fucking slow and boring

how's the loot? i love loot
basically i'm the guy going
AAAAAAHH IM LOOOTING

Attached: 1645090927020.jpg (555x416, 15.76K)

>deep skill system
>huge amount of gear enabling tons of builds
>entirely single player
>get everything right when you pay for it

its my favorite loot grinder

or you could buy titan quest instead.

i don't hate grim dawn but the amount of crunch in that game is unbelievable. there's 9,000 resistances and 9,000 damage types and 40 trillion different ways to build your character and... yeah, it's an arpg for people who absolutely love their arpgs and wish that, when they wake up in the morning, there are 20 new damage types that are available to them in the game that wasn't there before.

I honestly can't get into Grim Dawn. I've tried three times and even tried mods the third time but I always end up dropping it and I've been able Diablo 3, the Torchlights, and PoE.