Any games like this one except good

any games like this one except good

Attached: 2343432.png (341x444, 296.99K)

nope, closest i can think of would be frostpunk or maybe anno

endzone is banished but post apocalypse

this game made me hate immigration. it only takes one uneducated fucktard forcing themselves into a teacher position to ruin your entire society since they only produce educated students at a 70% rate. Having uneducated tool makers more than halves your output, while still using the same amount of inputs. Having a random -50% productivity loss after midgame is a death sentence for society. Plus they have diseases half the fucking time. Never accept groups of immigrants that number more than 1/20th your total pop, and even then only after you have SOLID medical and educational statistics. Even so, have fun monitoring each fucking school house every 10 minutes for an entire generation just to see if a retard coup is taking place. This wouldn't be such a problem if we could force uneducated workers into unskilled manual labor positions so they can die in the coal mines. This is what the free market would have naturally.

I was so excited for Banished but the game was literally broken on release so I never played it past release day.

okay.

Yeah.
Banished.

Is this some kind of political commentary?

>any games like this one except good
Ostriv is very good for an EA game. It's literally better Banished with obsessive emphasis on historical accuracy (it's set in 18th century Ukraine) and with improved mechanics.

As for other survival/colony-city management sims, there are games like Frostpunk, Workers and Resources or Capitain of the Industry. They each add their own unique spin on the formula though. Frostpunk simplifies the building systems in favor of a more carefully handcrafted set of challenges. Workers and Resources add a lot more complex resource and city management systems, Capitain of the Industry mixes the formula with Factorio-esque production management, but really cuts down the city-building element to bare minimum.

Been enjoying timberborn

Banished is the best in the genre. You may not like it but this is what peak comfy village looks like.

kingdoms reborn is literally banished 2
its so fucking good
vikings coming out soon too

Nebuchadnezzar

isn't there a new one with beavers? i haven't played either

>kingdoms reborn
it looks like a chinese asset flip

Surviving Mars and Dawn of Man are also neat

>isn't there a new one with beavers? i haven't played either
Timberborn. It's still in early EA. But people are praising it a lot as of now.

>Surviving Mars
nah

Banished was fantastic because there really wasn't that type of colony settlement game out there. The it got popular and every shit head developer on Steam copied the same mechanic and over saturated the market.

That one's pretty good too but the district system blows because it's not a mechanic, it's the devs actually not knowing how to program their AI without restricting them to districts otherwise they go bonkers all over the map. Needs at least an expedition system where you can work on far parts of the maps without having to settle there.

Game literally was just a tech demo that got popular and made money so devs decided to stick with it.

Waiting for Manor Lords to come out, only game I have hype for these days. It actually looks good with combat that looks even better than Total War games

Why won't you just play the good old Settlers?

Ive owned this game for years but never booted it once

i was reading some reviews on steam and negative reviews were having a problem with difficulty that seemed to be tied to immigration. whats hilarious is when i played this game i was just doing my typical racism fantasy and didn't let in any immigrants in ever and never seemed to have problems with my civilization. always trust your gut

Attached: 1625790537059.png (319x319, 132.75K)

The water management is cool, and building vertically is also pretty cool, but everything else is mediocre at best.
All it's really remarkable for is pointing out how uninspired builders have been for decades. Why *aren't* there water mechanics in these games by now? And why aren't wind, precipitation, growth conditions and soil fertility, etc., auto-include mechanics in all of them by now?

Almost every single vidya genre has been so stagnant in all respects except graphics for a literal human generation now that it's honestly pretty depressing.

Attached: 1640606104642.gif (626x640, 307.35K)

>viable racist runs
Buying right now.