Dead Island

I know Dying Light is a better game, but does anyone else prefer Dead Island like me?

Attached: Dead-Island-Riptide-fov.jpg (1600x900, 360.92K)

>WHO DO YOU VOODOO, BITCH!

Attached: 1579044352977.gif (800x399, 675.7K)

I was big into zombieshit at the time and the prerelease concept art and fantastic trailer sold me. The opening area was great but each area after slowly got more and more barebones and lazy up to the sewer levels where i lost all interest, i finished it but felt unhappy about it.

Replaying it lately for the first time it obviously feels way smaller than i remember and pretty easy/simple but i think the setting of the resort remains far more interesting than just a random city open world which at this point i'm bored to tears of.

Also i wish i could forget Who do you Voodoo bitch, goddamn Sam B.

>have a character who specilizes in throwing weapons
>no way to reliably retrieve them
>can clip through floor or other unreachable level geometry
>keep losing expensive and rare weapons

What were they thinking?

yeah

The first level resort is definitely more memorable than Dying Light's first level city.
I can remember all the paths I took to get around the resort. The beach, the lifeguard building, the road to the cabanas, the gas station, the lighthouse, the resort itself, etc.
All I can remember from Dying Light is the central building where you learn parkour, and the broken bridge by the water where you can easily dupe weapons.

What's the best class to play if i want to play the game just once? I don't have the time to replay the game 4 times to play all the classes

Sam B, easily.
Best lines, best rage ability, and you get to specialize in swinging around big ass hammers n shit.

ALSO: Turn on manual swinging in the combat options. It's absolutely required to get the most out of the game.

Either the black guy for blunt weapons or the Asian lady for blade weapons.

I remember playing as gun shooter

fuck all guns for ages then you get one and it brings the whole fucking horde on you, but you just farm guns for a bit and it's good.

asian lady with blades let you chop arms off which deals with most problems.

also kick is OP as fuck.

Probably the same shit with the level scaling and making the game VAC protected, as if it was worth that, especially as a Coop game with inanely shitty leveling mechanics.

for the nostalgia

Sam B. Is the best followed by the Asian lady. Other guy is o.k. and guns don't really become a thing until what feels like half the game is over if I remember right.

The pier bits where you explore the on-water bungalos were really memorable, as everything else is in the first area, like the hotel.
24+ person Any Forums server when?

I thought I did but when you leave the tropical beach it falls off a cliff hard. the city area is so fucking boring I quit playing.

>Maybe i'll stand here for a second and enjoy the view
>Game director in robocop 2 voice "now now, we can't have that"
>*several screamers come running at me*
>Character: "wow, you could almost think it was a normal day"

i fucking hated runner spam. You could let go of the movement input and count the seconds before it spawned minimum two screamers behind you like clockwork.

Xian > Sam >> Logan >>> Purna
Xian destroys everything though is a bit of a glass cannon, Sam is an unkillable tank. Logan is balanced in stats but his ability depends on an unreliable mechanic. Purna’s skill is in guns which don’t unlock until the second area, so all you can build with her skill tree is her fury.

The first area is perfect, it's more worth it to just play the first area of Dead Island and quit than to play Dying Light, which is an extremely bland, ugly and overall soulless game.

nah its fun as shit despite being janky. i played it like a year ago with friends and managed to make an exploding electric throwing knife that instantly downs teammates near the zombie it hits

analogue melee puts it above Dying Light for me.

>no inventory space limits

fucking sweet