So it occurred to me mid way through my first playthrough that this isn't like soulsborne and that there's no real...

So it occurred to me mid way through my first playthrough that this isn't like soulsborne and that there's no real reward in "gitting gud" and its far more enjoyable to just pump vit and roll shit like mimic tears blasphemous blade to cheese most bosses and just focusing on exploring etc and that there isn't any point in learning patterns and all that

So what should I roll for my second playthrough? thinking ARC or INT but it has to be OP or have cheeses I can use on retarded bosses.

Attached: f7655aef-91c3-42f5-a76e-ae2e5af203b0.png (1250x703, 2.03M)

Yes. It's fun as hell once you realize you play it like a cheesefest and use the most broken shit in the game instead of pretending it's Ninja Gaiden. Any Forums niggers literally freak out

yeah just play bloodborne if you want rewarding and skillful combat, elden ring is about becoming an OP elden lord

it gets fun when you turn it off to play a real action game

If you really want to have fun, try SL1 and using broken shit. I beat the game with rotten breath, summons, and bleed cheese. Also, makes the crafting system better since pots and certain crafted arrows are actually great.

>a real action game
Post it then, you coward

>I realized this game is too hard and I can't git gud
FTFY

ARC Bleed build is the best way to make the game easy as fuck.

nah you're stuck in a darksouls mindset, sure learning how to beat the fume knight was kino as fuck, elden ring aint for that, every boss boils down to the same handful of cheeses they use and your job is to out cheese them

>*oversized boss does instant quick jab when you try to heal for the millionth time*

ninja gaiden smegma

itt shitters who never got good

The game is much more fun if you use everything at your disposal, rather than just flasks, roll and r1, or jump r2.
I'm currently doing an alchemist run using mostly items for dmg, supported with a few incantation. Bretty fun desu.

I beat the game at level 1 with +3 smithing/+1 somber weapons. Did you?

The game is definitely fun as hell to play with self imposed limitations.

Yeah there is absolutely no design to the combat. Its like the game is procedural generated like a planet in No Man's Sky. Its a huge pile of low effort shit.

>+3 smithing/+1 somber weapons
You basically cheated

>Yeah there is absolutely no design to the combat
Elaborate on this without sounding like a pseud.

I'm afraid I'm going to need some actual arguments backed up with examples. It's literally just dark souls but with an open world. There's no reason learning patterns or whatever is any less relevant. In fact probably more important, since it repeats bosses too much.

nah

just give me a suggestion for a fun easy build for my next playthrough, int or arcane?

You have such strong kit that it just isn't required to learn the bosses moves. I mean, it wasn't required in DeS/DS1 since magic basically turned off the game without learning fuck all for patterns, and this game is almost as bad for that, and sometimes worse.

I beat the game with the moonblade and a maxed mimic pre nerf and dont regret it one bit. Most bosses were incredibly cheap and so was I

because you generally can't rely on exploiting patterns, rather, overpowering them or outlasting them tends to work better

Based

It's much worse, in those games you were going for a glass cannon build when using magic, now you can be as tanky as Havel while one shotting bosses with melee weapons.

Elden Ring is far harder than Dark Souls. People in this thread seem to be suggesting that you NEED to cheese because the bosses are so cheap or whatever. Maybe it's true if you deliberately go out of your way to find the most broken cheese you saw some youtube doing.

It's splitting hairs. Only Sekiro really requires you the learn everything, and to a lesser extent BB, and a lesser extent DS2/3.

Yeah, I don't completely disagree. My point was you don't have to learn the boss movesets in ER/DS1/DeS, and you really don't. ER actually gets easier than all the other games the more you play it. It has the easiest SL1 runs once you get used to the hustle, since ER low-level kit is so good.

I did an arc, int and fth playthrough and went maximum bullshit in all of them. In terms of easiest to cheese it goes

ARC > FTH > INT

People might argue putting int at the bottom but it's genuinely not that great outside of comet azur and if you face a humanoid boss they just jump out of the way of the beam and slap your shit. There are some other kind of strong spells but most of them are pretty miserable. Arcane focuses bleed which needs no explanation while faith has access to deal and protect from virtually every type of damage.

Thanks for actually answering the question,

Already did faith so thats out, but for arcane would you focus purely on bleed or could you work dragon spells in too? Because it seems pretty useful to do things like scarlet rot and dragonclaw

Just use +10 faith physic and star emblem with godrick. +20 faith. There's literally zero reason not to use rot breath

Definitely get a little faith to use dragon incants. The dragon communion seal scales with arcane and is really easy to upgrade it's nut. I only put in enough points to use rotten breath and dragonice because I didn't want to invest that much in mind for the higher tier spells.