The secret message behind the infamous ass shot in Zero Mission

Ya'll know this shot, right? It's a blatant butt shot of Samus, actually the very first time ever we see her ass.

But there's more to it than eye candy:

In order to prepare the player for vastly different gameplay, Nintendo had to show a different Samus.

1) The pose
Her pose signals weakness. She's making herself small, and has an insecure pose.

2) The soft body
Samus's body looks soft all over, which signals weakness to the player.

So instead of having a pop-up window telling the player "you can't run and gun anymore", Nintendo used clever visual clues to make the player understand they now controlled a weak Samus. Which meant she had to avoid enemies instead of confronting them.

This is very typcial Japanese design, as they tend to think more and pay more attention to detail than western developers.

strawpoll.com/polls/NMnQBxG2Yg6

Attached: secret message.png (636x348, 383.43K)

Hank Hill tier ass

Attached: 3028BB18-9D32-4FA4-992A-2837FB81B09D.jpg (357x317, 42.94K)

That segment was awful. The game should of ended when you destroyed the mother brain like in the original.

No, it offered well needed variation.

fuck off sybb

that segment was great

They wanted an ass shot of Samus in her skin tight plug suit. It really doesn't go any deeper than that you retard.

Yes it did, as I explained in the OP. Her looking weak is the visual clue to the player that he has to change gameplay style. In a western game you would have gotten a text based mini tutorial instead that spoon fed you.

Unless you have even a single source to back that up this is this highschool english tier hidden meaning shit. Samus is hot and the devs wanted a sexy screen with her in it. That's it. Faggot.

it's both and that's why Japan makes the best entertainment

>I cannot be arsed to think more than "ASS", and then I project my own stupidity on everyone else

Still waiting on that source, retard.

Didn't you make this poll about Mai a few days ago?

It's because they think a lot more than retarded westerners who you can see on Any Forums. People here are too lazy to think, they just react on impulse.

Ok but how do you explain this

Attached: 1413943037792.png (800x625, 465.33K)

Agreed. But I guess people with zero patience hated it because they couldn't just run forward and mash the fire button.

Such is the mentality of the American zoomer.

Agreed, I'm not honestly fine with either remake. I like the originals better.

>Euroshit
>shit taste
Every time

sybb what the fuck are you talking about

Obsessed

Some of us don't need a distance meter to tell us how far we are from the target, because we have enough patience to look and search for longer than ten seconds.

Some of us like to use our brain to solve puzzles and creating strategies, instead of just running in guns blazing.'

Some of us are not Americans.