Give it to me straight, how good kiwami 1&2 are compared to Y0?

Give it to me straight, how good kiwami 1&2 are compared to Y0?
I only played the prequel last year, and I loved it, especially the story, but not just it. But I heard mixed opinions about remakes of 1&2, are they worth actually playing?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ptEnea8CpNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. Play the originals.
>B-BUT LE DUB
The dub is sovl. The remakes are shit.
If you HAVE to, play Kiwami 1, but absolutely do NOT fucking play Kiwami 2. It's dogshit and it fucks up the story with shitty new music and crammed in bullshit minigames. Play the original Yakuza 2 - that one doesn't even have a dub.

Don't listen to this contrarian faggot. If you like 0, you'll like the kiwami games too

>if you like 0 you'll like the dragon engine with shitty controls, no style switching, gay queer retarded fag nigger shit cock fuck music, shitty minigames, and cut content
What da?

>shitty controls
Kysssssss

This video will tell you what you need to know about those piece of shit asset-flip remakes:
youtube.com/watch?v=ptEnea8CpNM

Kiwami 2 is kino. All I want is a comfy Japan simulator. Going into conveniences and seeing individually modeled chip bags and ramen cups, then throwing a thug through a McDonald's window is all I care about

>but the ps2 game had an extra optional area and-

No.

>but the ps2 game had [a completely different area that was crucial to the story and is replaced by retarded faggot shit in the remake]
>I don't care about the story or creative integrity... all I care about is LE PHYSICS
Go play Yakuza 6 then, nigger. That game actually has production value unlike Shitwami 2.

they are all fun and comfy.

the only problem is trying to play a couple of them in a row. you will burn out.

I am 0fag, recently finished kiwami 1 and 2.

Kiwami 1 feels like a good DLC for 0.
Kiwami 2 is like a true sequel.

Storywise i enjoyed 0, 1 and 2 on same level.

Fighting, or balance is better in 0. I dont know why but Kiwami bosses where too hard for me. I decided to play them on easy mode and enjoyed both 1 and 2 games same as 0.
Kimami 2 wants you to use weapons and i didnt feel like kiryu would use them so on easy you can easily finish game with only punches.

I haven't played 3-5 yet. Waiting on Kiwami versions of those to update the graphics and get rid of problematic tranny beating substories

My play length.
After kiwami 2 i decided to wait until i want more yakuza.

Attached: yakuza_hours.jpg (573x552, 100.48K)

>Compared to Y0
Y0 is on a whole other level in the entirety of the series, a particular anniversary project.

K1 and K2 are remakes, using the leftovers of recently developed engines. They are the same shitty PS2 game with all the bad writing and pacing that implies. In particular K1 feels depressing after playing Y0, not the intended feeling for a PS2 game but now you empathize with Kiryu as an ageing man who's been left out of the world for so long. You come back to a Kamurocho you don't recognize, full of shitty people and scammers instead of jolly freaks.

>They are the same shitty PS2 game with all the bad writing and pacing that implies.
Stupid faggot. Yakuza 2 has the best story with the best pacing in the entire series.

>The dub is sovl.
Retard.
The dub also localizes character names and plot points, and will confuse anyone who wants to play the HD Collection which disregards all the dub changes.

retarded 0fag.

>OH NOOOO I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THAT FUMA IS KAZAMA FROM CONTEXT IT'S TOO FUCKING HAAAAARD
Why are zoomers so retarded?

>I dont know why but Kiwami bosses where too hard for me.
Just wait until you get to 3 where every single enemy is constantly blocking all your attacks.

>filtered
Just use directional attacks, RETARD. You would know to do this if you had played the original 1&2. But you didn't. Because you are a zoomer.

0, and both kiwami games are great. your opinion is gay and retarded and it's why it remains an opinion and not an objective observation.

>YEESSSSS, GIVE ME A SHITTY LOCALIZED VERSION THAT ARBITRARILY CHANGES THE DEVELOPERS ORIGINAL VISION!!!
why are mouthbreathers so retarded?

The localization is an unfortunate consequence of the time period in which the game was released, but it's much better than the alternative - a shitty remake that takes a dump all over the original game and replaces it with retarded minigames and a bunch of shit copy and pasted from other games. Which is more unfaithful? A few changed names or the entire fucking soul of the game being changed?

I mostly liked K1 coming from Y0 but I really did not like K2. I still think both are worth playing but K2 really drops the balls in lots of ways, but what really upset me was the combat.

>>filtered
Nope, still completed it. Only early game was troublesome, and I had to spam grabs until more moves opened up.
Once I got access to tiger drop again it was the easiest one.

Attached: 20220625_015817.jpg (1335x545, 135.66K)

Does anyone have a problem with yakuza 0 and kiwami 1 (haven't tried the rest) crashing on cutscenes? I managed to finish 0 by skipping cutscenes and watching them on youtube whenever i skip and sometimes the game crashes before i can skip which is fucking annoying. i looked everywhere for a solution but no such luck. Also i'm using an intel uhd right now since i'm away from home on a laptop. Games run fine at 60fps but i can't even play kiwami 1 since the game crashes on the first cutscene and won't let me proceed (i can't play the catfighting minigame in 0 too)

I didnt say they weren't great games. He explicitly compares to 0 which is an outlier. They're different and must be understood in the context of both being PS2 originals and being engine remakes.

>A few changed names
More like an entire script change.
>HURRR WE NEED EVERY CHARACTER TO SAY "FUCK" AT LEAST TEN TIMES IN EVERY SCENE

Sovl.

If you're an edgy teen who thinks tons of swearing is "badass," then sure.

Kiwami 1 is pretty great, 2 has its issues but it's still playable
You could also mod K2 if on PC to add the dragon of dojima style back over that shitty dragon engine rush combo.

I wish there weren't so many random encounters in cities, makes runnning to places a chore