Comfy Steam Deck thread

What are you playing and what are you looking forward to?

Attached: 20220619_044105-01.jpg (3755x2542, 1.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2OXpspyeGvw&t=2s
streamable.com/thfspi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how's the framerate on that?

>mine comes in october OR LATER

youtube.com/watch?v=2OXpspyeGvw&t=2s

Attached: 1325255719683.png (601x695, 17.42K)

You can get solid 60 on medium-high. But I mainly play in 40hz mode
streamable.com/thfspi

Mine comes in q3. I guess I'm mainly just looking forward to it being a better nintendo switch where I can play a lot of 360/ps3 Era stuff with some easy to run modern titles. Mordheim city of the damned, kenshi, crusader kings, going medieval, soul caliber 6, karryns prison, doom, dq builders 2, rimworld, total warhammer 2 and a mix of other titles.

Thinking about external hard drives I plug into the dock for a wider title range when it's hooked up to a monitor.

Oh, you probably ordered late. That sucks
Yeah, get one of those usb-c hubs and you should be golden if you wanna connect to monitor too. Otherwise get sd card instead of hdd

How noticeable is the different between 60 and 40 fps on a handheld screen?

Has anyone tried emulating 3DS on Deck? How is it.

>Oh, you probably ordered late.
May 24th, I didn't want to put any money down unless I was certain that I'd actually have the money ready to get one when the time came. On top of this I'm not the kind of person to just look at new product, soiface, and then collect it like some hoarder, I wanted to be sure that steam deck was gonna run the shit I wanted it to run, and enough youtube benchmarks have come out at this point for me to actually be confident in the fact that it's gonna play what I want it to at acceptable framerates.

I've got no regrets waiting this long, after all the later I get my steam deck the less "early access" it becomes and the more time I have to familiarize myself with the inner workings of linux after using windows all my life; I merely have a little bit of jealousy for those who do own it.

Attached: Bunta.gif (350x263, 458.15K)

>hands

Attached: 1564858294680.png (768x768, 321.81K)

Played through Subnautica till the end.

It runs fairly well (overlays and seeing a base from the outside weirdly tank the frame rate but not to extreme levels) but no matter what you do, it'll max out the APU and go through the battery really quick. Limiting the frame rate does nothing to lower the power usage.

Think the 256gb model + 512gb sd card will be enough memory? I'm considering investing in a bigger ssd for it sometime down the line but honestly kinda not comfortable with prying my devices apart unless it's my PC.

Digital foundry did an analysis on it if I recall. It can appear more sluggish because if it misses an update in that window it wont render, but that shouldnt be too big of an issue for games that can easily hit above 60 regularly.

If you're looking to run older titles or titles that don't take up much space.

It's noticeable, but completely playable and still feels good. 40hz feels way better than 30fps. In just about every opportunity where I can run at 60, I choose 40 to save battery life and the experience is just as good.

Its pretty good. Feels faster than 30fps, but allows you to increase fidelity or prolong battery whichever suits you
Depends on games. I went from 256gb+256gb to 1tb. Yakuza, mass effect etc games i play take a lot of space. So take that into account

Maybe a 1tb SD card would be better? But I do know those can be expensive.
Mostly looking into playing older pc games but maybe some high end emulation as well.

I remember a lot of conversations early on when its specs were revealed. I remember clarifications that the ssd itself is already pricey as shit, because the ones valve is using are ones that have a foreseeable lifespan versus a lot of the cheap listings you can find for that same form factor.

256GB SSD + 1TB SD

256 is plenty for a few games you want to have slightly faster loading times. Throw a fuck load of roms and the rest of your games on the 1TB SD.

1tb sd is around 150, like fast one. Dont get anything below like 110mb/s r/w. 512gb is also like half price, maybe that would suit you better

I don't own a steam deck because I only play one game but that looks pretty good.

The people bitching about the resolution being too low are fucking retards. 800p looks great at 7" and some of these games look so ridiculously crisp without anti-aliasing because of the DPI. The aspect ratio is a fair complaint though.

Is there some comparison benchmark on how much faster the SSD load times are?

Yeah 150 is a bit steep since I just put down the money for my deck. I'll probably suffice with 512 for now and upgrade later.
I'm probably going to be picky when it comes to loading up newer games to emulate.

It really depends on the title, there's no point installing something on the ssd that doesn't have to load much. Take Total Warhammer 2 for example, it has retarded load times on an hdd while it can load fairly quick on an ssd.

Just keep the 512 later on as being a separate library that you can switch out at your leisure. It's a part of the software experience valve advertised the steam deck with.