I'm getting filtered

I'm getting filtered.

I feel like it's just because I don't know where the fuck Im going or what the fuck Im doing. It sent me to some island at the start of the game and then was like "lmao? you should just leave- if you want to- or don't. I dont care."

I get it. Its open world, but fuck me in the ass I jsut wish I knew which quests were ones I should do so I dont waste fucking 50 years taking Mercedes to some spot and she dies on the way to an over leveled bandit attack.

And I think it wouldn't even be so bad if it didn't take 30 minutes to walk there, not even including the fact that you don't even know if you're going the right way.

Attached: ss_a043fb65dbb6446d452bf5d759900ef59fa943f5.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 535.15K)

Just explore dumbass. Come to a quest? Try it. Fail? Come back later. Find something else do to, somewhere else to explore or something else to kill.

I swear Soulsfags ruined gaming with their "die a billion times until they git gud"-shit.

its a shitty game but not because of that

the island is an expansion pack and youre supposed to go there at level 60

All the roads lead to the same place.

what said

Also keep in mind that at any time you can restart the game but keep your levels/gear/items for yourself and your pawn but reset all quests by selecting Hard Mode from the main menu.
You can set the game right back down to normal as soon as you start which makes this a good option if you feel like you have a better idea of what's going on and want to start over without losing everything you've gotten until that point.
Just try shit, experiment, mess around and save often.

Just follow the roads and kill shit.

It’s a comfy exploration game. Part of the fun is running into insurmountable odds and pulling a win out of your ass. I remember finding the female bandit camp after wandering through the wilderness for hours, fighting off chimeras and cyclops, then pulling the gate switch and getting swarmed by like 50 bandits. Flinging people left and right off the parapets with spells while the warrior pawns kept them back. It was great.

I just spent all day in the well of the starting town killing rats and bats to max out the warrior vocation.

Don't be afraid to fuck off elsewhere or skip quests until NG+.

Attached: 1342650575761.jpg (910x1910, 425.36K)

>It sent me to some island at the start of the game and then was like "lmao? you should just leave- if you want to- or don't. I dont care."
That's just the DLC, focus on the main story then come back if you want some nice gear/exp.

Is there a reason to be a sword+shield user? There doesn't seem to be a parry/counter mechanic and you can't block subsequent hits in combos so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

There's elemental riposte skills for Mystic Knight's shield, extremely good skills

There is a parry/counter mechanic which gets more manageable with the right augments and perfect timing.

I always recommend starting with strider for new players.

Don't bother, combat system is fun, yes, but enemies aren't fun to fight and rest of the game is mediocre at best and story only gets interesting at the end

I think fighter just sucks early on. I found a magic bow somewhere very early and switched to the magic archer class and the game got 10x more fun.

Take my pawn, she's not a loli and has helm splitter so you know she's good.

Attached: STACY.jpg (1920x1080, 387.37K)

You're missing higher ranks, there are both parries and counters for fighter, just keep at it.

Am I supposed to just be running back and forth between towns. I saw there's a fast travel mechanic but dunno if Ive unlocked it yet..?

>Pawn with reset
Does that work?

>There doesn't seem to be a parry/counter mechanic
lol
lole even
rofl potentially

>not a loli
Then what the hell is the point?

No idea, I took that because she kept using Ensnare too often and splitter not enough.