This gotta be the most boring shit ever

This gotta be the most boring shit ever
Between this and Rage, it's now clear that Carmack should have never ever got to game development

Attached: Doom_3_logo.jpg (704x365, 173.35K)

noooo it was actually really really good because idk its been like 15 years or some shit since it came out so that means its time for a bunch of people to come out of the woodwork to say it was "misunderstood" or some shit and you just weren't smart enough to get it. IT'S A GOOD GAME BUT NOT A GOOD DOOM GAME!

John Carmack was just a programmer for Doom 3 and Rage same as he was for Doom 1 & Quake. Tim Willits is the guy you have a problem with.

>John Carmack was just a programmer for Doom 3
Doom 3 was literally built to wank his tech with muh shadows. Carmack announced and envisioned this shitty remake

And Doom 1 was built just because John Carmack saw Ultima Underworld and declared "I can do better than that." John Carmack has never done anything but "tech wank" his entire career. Nothing changed with Doom 3 & Rage except for "old = good, new = bad" retards like you coming along.

you can tell when someone is extremely low iq when they think they are making a point just by referencing someone with their name
it's like they really thought they had something to say and that other people would care about what they were inarticulately attempting to convey

it blew peoples asses off in the mid 2000s

>old = good, new = bad
He's right

Carmack has never been interested in anything except creating new engines. He was much happier leaving the design to someone else. That's the whole reason him and Romero split - Romero was too busy being a "celebrity" that he didn't get shit done on Quake. Y'all should read Masters of Doom.

Are you aware of Wolfenstein 3D, mouthbreather? Find healthier ways to interact with people.

Carmack did not do game design, user

actually its best game ever and i'm completely serious

>Y'all should read Masters of Doom.
Just because it's in a book doesn't mean it's 100% true, you fucking idiot.

Still better than nu-doom

>New game is bad
>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT YOU ARE JUST LE CONTRARIAN

>Filtered by weapon swaps

Carmack is the perfect example of why Stalin was right about using scientists as slaves.

Attached: carmack.jpg.jpg (960x720, 63.57K)

Oh pardon me, I didn't realize you were a stupid fucking moron who doesn't understand the difference between an academic journalist report with multiple sources cited versus a "dude trust me" post on Facebook. You fucking waste of oxygen. You retarded ass 47 chromosome motherfucker.

I still remember getting doom 3, one of the only games I pre-ordered. I remember rushing to my bedroom when I lived at home to play it. I actually have a very clear memory of it, closing all the curtains to get the full experience.

When that Tweaker sound track kicked in when I first started it up... damn I almost coomed.

Doom 3 was great and you're all just jaded contrarians.

Did you read a book about video game?

Doom 3 > Doom 1 > Doom 2016 > Eternal > 2

cope

I prefer all the other Dooms, along with Quake 4. But the gap in preference isn't really that big, and Doom 3 still has it's own thing going for it. I wouldn't mind playing it again.
I don't think I ever played the DLC, even after all these years, so that might be a good enough reason to give it another run.

Attached: mario_sitting_relaxedly_in_an_armchair.png (500x500, 223.58K)

those unsatisfying weapons were the nail in the coffin. This is from someone so old I extracted the game files so my CPU didn't have to decrypt them on the fly