FF16 British VA

This is based

Amerifat entitled VAs BTFO

Attached: Screenshot_20220625-084040_Chrome.jpg (985x1085, 583.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PfGwOb9nFAA
tatsumoto.neocities.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=13fviLTc0Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=ybuvKVzVBT4
youtube.com/watch?v=C_duDk5e8yU
youtu.be/zGWVMh3SDbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

British VAs mog everyone else. FF12 and Bloodborne have godlike voice acting because of this.

I still hate the bong voices in Xenoblade 2

It'll flop.

ultra based.
British VAs are always better, especially if they are stage actors.

British VAs are usually better anyway.

>If it's fantasy medieval Europe, why do they speak American English?
Better question, why aren't they speaking with French or Italian accents?

yeah because they hire actual theatre trained actors rather than the nepotistic shit it is in the US

>adds japanese voice acting to a Medieval European setting instead
So much for authenticity.

Who cares about second class voice acting in the first place?

MEGA BASED

FUCK amerizog VAs in medieval settings

That's what happens they get voice actors who don't speak propah english

Somehow we have like 20 voice actors in the US so this is a win all around if you're not one of those 20.

fuck english VA
give me irish VA

The real reason is that they don't want to bother with the union faggotry in America.
With bongs they get to grab whoever is available without being contractually shackled to a group of worthless bottom feeders

FOUL TARNISHED

Attached: 1513566362173.jpg (311x314, 35.14K)

This

Always a profit reason for bong VA

>It's another case of Ameritards and JRPG players thinking a game is enhanced with fake modern UK accents
It's all so tiresome brothers.

I hope they add more european accents for more flavor. The scandinavian vieras in XIV were such a pretty cool concept.

american VA's have personal baggage that uk va's do not. i'm all for blacklisting them

What, you don't like FUNimation hiring Micheal "Rage Quit" Jones from Rooster Teeth to voice a central character just because he lives in Texas and the companies are buddy buddy?

One day they'll see the light. But not today

>fake modern UK accents
The VAs are literally british wtf is wrong with you dipshit

Japanese is the dub language, so it's ok.

>unions for simple occasional jobs that do not warrant full time employment
what?

>The VA's are literally british.
You know British VA's can put on fake accents for a role, right?
You think these VA's talk like this normally?

There are only a handful of good American voice actors and it's never going to get better because of that fucking strike. Troy Baker and his gaggle of goons got the field unionized and now he, Laura Bailey, Matt Mercer, and like three other pricks get every role in every American produced project with voice acting (that doesn't show in movie theaters). They avoid dubbing unless it's Funimation, though.
I'm not sure where I'm going with this specifically but I'll just say American voice acting was getting better for a while and now it's spiraling down worse than ever because it's unionized by a flock of faggots who may have been good at it once but no longer have to try because they strongarm new blood out of any roles that could potentially make their careers. New talent doesn't get noticed. The only place you can find good American voice acting is that one voice out of hundreds over a few years of dubbing JRPGs. And it's always Keith Silverstein because he's good at what he does and isn't part of that fucking monopoly.

Never played this shit series but I have to ask. You fat bastards actually LIKE the awful throat garglings of britbongs?

VA unions exist in US user, it's why you only hear like 10 voices in every jap game now because they don't want to deal with + nepotism

>fantasy medieval europe
>everyone speaks english

Attached: 1355501838389.jpg (250x250, 42.33K)

he read online that 300 years ago everyone in Britain had an American accent and he believed it

yknow.. i heard that american english is closer to original english while brits changed for whatever reason. how true is that?

This. FF12 voice acting is still the best I've heard in a video game. It's sublime.

youtu.be/PfGwOb9nFAA

Going from this to FF13 was sickening.

Attached: art-014.jpg (350x500, 27.41K)

The real REAL reason is that the XVI devs are already familiar and on good terms with the XIV voice actor gig they're working with. When Heavensward came around, the company that contracted the American ARR XIV went under so they had to get a new middleman, so SE opted for the Dark Souls route of hiring actual Brits instead of cringe anime voice actors from California.

Where's my realistic medieval JRPG where the game is translated into Latin?

I dunno what else you'd expect. FFXIV's dub used American voice actors for ARR's terrible dub and then swapped to British VA guilds and shit for HW onwards and it's universally agreed to be a massive improvement with the possible exception of Merlwyb, to the point where the EN voice acting is generally considered on par with JP or even better in some cases like Zenos and Thunder God Cid.

It only makes sense he'd do the same thing for XVI considering he's seen success with it already. Personally I like the decision even as an American myself and I'm sure lots of others are happy with it too given the Absolute State of the American VA industry.

Attached: E7oqTLCVgAMVzOb.jpg (2048x1331, 190.21K)

classic

>I'm not sure where I'm going with this specifically but I'll just say American voice acting was getting better for a while and now it's spiraling down worse than ever because it's unionized by a flock of faggots who may have been good at it once but no longer have to try because they strongarm new blood out of any roles that could potentially make their careers. New talent doesn't get noticed
I agree. I think we were getting somewhere during the 2000s before the strike but no we regressed even farther back then where we were in the fucking 90s.

The only guy from funi I thought had range was Sabat.

No fucktard. I'm from the UK, I know when someone puts on an accent around here.
The XIV VA is so jarringly annoying, do to how fake some of the accents are.

I think we found an autist

most notorious change would be David Hayter being replaced by Kiefer Sutherland to voice Venom Snake in MGSV, because Hayter is an impassioned unionfag

Ilberd in ARR is still good just because Epcot conveys perfect smugness. And Ilberd kind of looks like Batou from GitS.

Sure thing yankee

virtually all the characters speak in recieved pronunciation. That's not putting on an accent, it's talking properly.

Thank God I learned japanese during the covid shit.
English dub is truly horrid.

Name me a single person you've met while travelling, who speaks like any of the XIV cast.

I seriously doubt you learned Japanese so quickly. But if you did please show me the way.

Best english VA in games I've played is still xenoblade 1 and ffxiv, cant think of other games where the american VA is good except maybe dota.

>dub
It's the main language and script was made with proper English in mind first, deal with it weeb.

A few highlights (Gaius being voiced by Xehanort) doesn't make up for most of it being stiff at best and some being egregiously bad like the twins
Coil in English is a fucking abomination

hes talking about exaggerated rhotic accent

read this guide from /jp/ tatsumoto.neocities.org/
the fastest method in the world

Troy Baker even crept up and stole the Joker from Mark Hamill. It's fucking over, lads.

Souls games because From does the same shit as the OP is describing

doesn't change that the voice acting is usually awful

>Name me a single person you've met while travelling
Oh, you're just a butthurt pikey who is mad that nobody understands him.
kill yourself

>cringe American VA
youtube.com/watch?v=13fviLTc0Aw

>kino British VA
youtube.com/watch?v=ybuvKVzVBT4

Not even a contest.

Attached: 1655705800573.png (922x921, 1.24M)

wanikani every day
bought a grammar book
watched japanese streams all the time
watched anime and movies with japanese subs
read manga with furigana
this is me caring about your fear of subtitles

I recognized the voice instantly, I want him in more stuff.

I had forgotten to go back and do coils until after I beat SB and it was so jarring going back to those voices, especially Alisaie.

Runkachunk is a low blow, to be honest. You could've used Klee's demo.

>no troy baker
>no laura bailey
>no random e celeb
based

>Projecting.
Sorry bro, keep fetishizing forced accents.
Maybe one day you foreigners will realize the English VA industry puts on exaggerated accents that sound normal to you lot, because you don't live here.
Same with your Japanese dubs

Not in the case of British stage actors.

I've always thought English english is a cheap go-to in fantasy. Why Diablo 2's voice acting is so legendary.

Attached: 1631671170611.jpg (750x724, 48.01K)

wtf, why aren't they hiring fat retards from twitter like other Japanese publishers?

Attached: 1DC42CA0791266485694940250112_4bd2bcf8b00.1.1.11057196164985489562.mp4[1].jpg (600x600, 34.87K)

Imagine living in such a worthless country that you get excited over a game featuring VAs from it.

Yeah you're not getting that level of voice acting anymore. It's all cringe anime shit in the US now.

Every japanese company should just move all their english shit to bongland. It's evident americans are broken in one way or another and can't do their jobs without adding their shit politics in.

Attached: 1411351998579.jpg (255x229, 9.11K)

While I agree, that the performance in ARR was good. The HW Illberd is a fucking masterpiece of Yorkshire coal mining town anger against the ruling class.
That part where he talks about his motives is fucking stunning, and one of the only performances in the whole of XIV where it felt like the VA actually captured the raw emotion perfectly.
I hope we get him back in the future as a Narrator, given the new Azem power we have.

>was indifferent about the British accent.
>an online female friend once teased me by saying "cum for me [my name]" in her posh British accent.
>now I am forever corrupted.
Cute British accent = instant boner.

Attached: ultra bone.jpg (918x749, 43.29K)

It's not a fear, I play every game in It's intended language. For example
>Elden Ring, DMC, FF12, and RE in English
>Xenoblade, Sekiro, Fire Emblem, and SMT in japanese
>Monster Hunter in gibberish

I have literally never seen anyone, American or otherwise, complain about the English voice acting in FFXIV (unless it's to joke about the subpar acting in ARR).

youtube.com/watch?v=C_duDk5e8yU

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1630929867655.png (315x299, 161.85K)

The subtitles are transcribed from the English localization.

Uhh user, britain is kind of shit too just for different reasons

>and one of the only performances in the whole of XIV where it felt like the VA actually captured the raw emotion perfectly.
youtu.be/zGWVMh3SDbw
People underrate the hell out of this scene and the VA was nominated for an award for it

Yeah, not saying he isn't great, but it did take until 3.5 for me to truly appreciate his VA's work.

Sounds good to me

I've got to stop watching these, I keep hearing these voices when trying to read manga and stuff. But they're just so bad..

Damn that seems like a really over the top trailer for an mmo patch. Still cool though.

Why hasn't that obnoxious narcissistic cocksucker been fired yet? He ruined TWO Kojima games.

Honest question. Why do so many American voice actors post their political views on twitter?

>UNIONS ARE BAD!!

Hello corporate bootlicker.

Weeb shit their pants over Feo Ul's amazing voice and insisted she was a tranny and then got btfo hard and shut up forever when someone found the VAs headshot and she's gorgeous and young.