Whiterun. Capital city of Whiterun Hold and the commercial heart of Skyrim

Whiterun. Capital city of Whiterun Hold and the commercial heart of Skyrim

Attached: Map_Whiterun.jpg (600x486, 60.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56839
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Swore there were two other houses by the wall towards the bottom right of the picture

>mfw played Daggerfall for roughly 500 hours total
>mfw literally incapable of going back to shittier TES-games now
A curse, for my hubris.

Attached: 1643534780263.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

>Population: 74

You just need to imagine the world being bigger.

it was that many? Surprised.

Probably including all of the guards on day shift, night shift, and in the keep. It's weird how half of the town is just guards in Skyrim and Oblivion

>Do you go to the cloud district
>it's literally 10 steps

Attached: 1611503106386.jpg (400x400, 55.21K)

Ysolda and the old fortune teller lady.

>Riften has a more robust marketplace than the commercial center of Skyrim
Oof.

They were pushing limit back then. DLCs were CTD fest

VGH the great metropolis of whiterun with a grand total of 15 houses

>city
>just some houses

You're right, it would have been so much better if there were 100 copy-pasted houses with no unique NPCs or storylines. Bethesda, hire this man!

They should have just made it bigger.

Theres more bandits in one hold than there is friendly NPCs in every hold in the game. Logic has never been Bethesda's strong suit they're just theme park games for people who have a goldfish's level of brain function.

Yes. It's called immersion. Its actual definition, not an interpretation of a deluded modder with his "immersive clay pot retexture"

>toddposting in the middle of the night
wew

what about the same amount of unique npcs and the same storylines AND some 40 more copy pasted houses so it feels a little bit more like a city without removing anything from gameplay

Here's your proper capital that you keep asking for
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56839

I'm so used to using city overhaul mods that add some extra houses I've forgotten what vanilla cities looked like.

>Built for 256mb RAM consoles

Attached: 1295228173955.png (274x242, 5.31K)

Theres not that many NPCs because they need it to run on consoles. They reuse alot of V.A. because the ones they have are cheap but also have no range. Bethesda could've asked 10,000 random assholes off the street if they wanted to be in Skyrim, made 10,000 NPCs, made Skyrim a PC only title and that would already improve the game. But we live in a shitty timeline that couldn't even be fixed by the heat death of the universe.

The only reason they can't procedurally generate 100 houses then go by through hand to make sure they aren't complete dogshit is that every NPC in those houses needs voiced lines.

i probably should have also imagined myself a good game too lmao

Perhaps this will no longer be such a problem in the future with good AI synthesizers?

>Turns Whiterun from a small village of 20 buildings into a vast metropolis of over 90 buildings.
LMAO, 90 buildings isn't a vast metropolis

Do you think you're some kind of genius because you find logical inconsistencies in literal toys?

look at all those districts!

Either gamebyros shitty pop in is causing them to not appear or OP is deliberately not showing twelve (12!) % of the city just to slander my baby boy Todd.

Shut up goldfish.